Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Reign Of The Sith Mod Is Out

Page: 1 of 5
 Doc Valentine
07-25-2004, 4:59 AM
Ok well I have released the Beta version of my mod Reign of the sith. Yea i know, took me long enough. This beta features manaan durring the take over. I tested it and it is HARD so kick but with a high level character. There is a readme that explains most of it. I personally like it and it is my first release to the public so please send me feedback.

You can download it at the IE website http://cmgsccc0.tripod.com/)

BTW this will be the thread where I post info on my mod from now on and Making a new mod thread will be where I post questions for my mod to Darth333 and others. Yoko will fill you all in with other stuff.
 Mav
07-25-2004, 5:27 AM
Well for feedback I have to say that your readme is very uninformative. You should consider that many people who download the mod may not know too much about modding. I know at least a fair bit about modding and I don't know how to get to Manaan??, am I supposed to warp there after I beat Malak or something?? As a general....guideline, for lack of a better word, you should always include at least, installation of your mod, how to operate your mod and a brief description of your mod which I think you just referred to your thread here. Anyway I just thought that the readme was a bit uninformative.
 Darth Dex
07-25-2004, 8:23 AM
All right!!!!, but wait when do i warp there.....hmm..help!

Anyways great mod a lot of hard work you finshed before I ddid and my mod was smaller your a great modder, whats your next project going to be?
 Doc Valentine
07-25-2004, 1:27 PM
I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY I forgot. Just type Warp manm26ad1 at your last save.

Thanks for the feedback I updated the readme with your stuff and I have updated the website too. Sorry once again. First time modding here.
 Doc Valentine
07-25-2004, 2:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth Dex
All right!!!!, but wait when do i warp there.....hmm..help!

Anyways great mod a lot of hard work you finshed before I ddid and my mod was smaller your a great modder, whats your next project going to be?
Darth dex, I havnt finished the mod yet, just manaan, and even that isnt finished. It says BETA, not full version to anyone elso who missconstrued the fact. Good hunting.
 aluuan
07-25-2004, 4:57 PM
that siite link is dead
 Yoko
07-25-2004, 5:22 PM
Originally posted by aluuan
that siite link is dead

Check it again, its back. There was some kind of problem with the provider. Its back now. Please people post some feedback.
 Colma Adawin
07-25-2004, 6:07 PM
thats an excellent beta, you two should be proud of that you guys and gals :p

cant wait till the full version comes out now i've had the side dish :p

MattCole
 StormTrooper789
07-26-2004, 2:51 PM
Why did you put the modules in a subdirectory called Manaan in the zip file? The game won't recognize them if people extract them and not pay attention. I am just going to extract it to my modules folder after i remove them from that subdir.
 Glamador
07-27-2004, 1:13 AM
link dead...
 stingerhs
07-27-2004, 1:27 AM
hmm, i think a few 2 many people wanted 2 try out your mod. did ya post it @ pcgamemods?? that may work better.
 kevlet
07-27-2004, 7:28 AM
Great beta mod, can't wait for the whole thing. One thing that sucked for me is because my hard drive was recently wiped I've just had to restart the game and I havn't played it alot so I'm still on tarris and I havn't got lightsabres or anything... soo its not as effective for me.
 StormTrooper789
07-27-2004, 9:56 AM
I know that this is a beta, but did anyone else notice how EMPTY Mannan looks? Population must be nearing 0. :D
 Doc Valentine
07-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by StormTrooper789
I know that this is a beta, but did anyone else notice how EMPTY Mannan looks? Population must be nearing 0. :D
This is durring a take over, they are shipping everybody off:D
 Yoko
07-27-2004, 7:57 PM
Originally posted by StormTrooper789
I don't mean to revoke someone's critisism but isn't there anyone who wants to compliment Gsccc's mod. I saw him and he worked his butt off getting it out as soon as he did.
 Darth Dex
07-27-2004, 8:19 PM
Hey, Yoko. Chill. We know GSCCC worked his butt off. Everyone loves his mod that goes without saying. You know what a BETA is? IT's iin testing so addice would be Things like can you add more people? PLease fix all spell, etc. At the final release he'll get all the mustard and chacker he earned.
 Glamador
07-28-2004, 12:42 AM
i love the concept but i have 3 quarries with ur mod (i KNOW its still a beta, just givin my views on the BETA)...the dialogue could use some editting as the dialogue reads somewhat "robotic" imho...there arent any voices and if u need someone to help with that i would love to do some voice acting...the enemies are far too overpowered...even with cheats it took me forever (with three lvl 20 party members invincibility on and endless droid/force abilities)...sry...i mean really...it took me a full 30 minutes of hacking away at those jedi...it would be more fun if u just had several waves of ppl coming at u at timed intervals like in the star forge...its just not very fun to sit there while ur ppl endlessly whack a near invincible guy...
 Colma Adawin
07-28-2004, 3:20 AM
Originally posted by Glamador
i love the concept but i have 3 quarries with ur mod (i KNOW its still a beta, just givin my views on the BETA)...all the dialogue is incredibly cheesy...there are no voices...the enemies are so ****ing overpowered that even with cheats it makes it boring, tedious, and bad...sry...i mean really...it took me a full 30 minutes of hacking away at those jedi...they kept using force heal whenever they got down to low health...and all my force powers (im a full dark consular at lvl 20 with invulnerability on) did basically nill (15-25, no more, no less)...grenades did 10 (plasma 18, detonators 30)...even with three characters endlessly bombarding them it took so ****ing long...it would be more fun if u just had several waves of ppl coming at u at timed intervals like in the star forge...its just not FUN to sit there while ur ppl endlessly whack a near invincible guy...it just isnt

i understand what your saying , BUT to have a near invinceable Jedi to kill, gives you self pride, in that you've killed a near impossible to kill enemy, but you did it, you killed him. as Gsccc is a member of Infinite Empires, i know how hard he worked on this project, im personally impressed that he managed to release the Manaan Beta this quickly.

MattCole
 Mav
07-28-2004, 3:38 AM
Personally I haven't found an enemy I couldn't slay with ease I guess that is because my PC is on the JUICE and I'm using my own custom saber....LOL
 Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 3:58 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
Personally I haven't found an enemy I couldn't slay with ease I guess that is because my PC is on the JUICE and I'm using my own custom saber....LOL
Now there is a real man. If it takes someone THAT long that you have to curse and bitch about it then you seriously need to think about upgrading your guy.;)

BTW Yoko hasnt finished the dialogue yet, TemporaryTomato knows what i mean. It will be less cheezy. And if you are going to give critisism try giving it in a less senceless manner.
 Yoko
07-28-2004, 4:32 AM
love the concept but i have 3 quarries with ur mod
You start out nice and civilized.

)...all the dialogue is incredibly cheesy...there are no voices...the enemies are so
First of all, the dialogue is only cheezy because i haven't read it over yet. And for voice overs. I dont know about you but we dont exactly have thousands of Voice actors lining up to do the voices for people when they get no money.

the enemies are so ****ing overpowered that even with cheats it makes it boring, tedious, and bad...sry...i mean really...it took me a full 30 minutes of hacking away at those jedi...they kept using force heal whenever they got down to low health...and all my force powers (im a full dark consular at lvl 20 with invulnerability on) did basically nill (15-25, no more, no less)...grenades did 10 (plasma 18, detonators 30)...even with three characters endlessly bombarding them it took so ****ing long
The enemies were made to be hard so that we would avoid comments like "the enemies were too easy, most people didnt have this problem. And I have yet to see a "query".

it would be more fun if u just had several waves of ppl coming at u at timed intervals like in the star forge...its just not FUN to sit there while ur ppl endlessly whack a near invincible guy...it just isnt
What you consider fun has been done by only about umm 5000 people, so if YOU would like to submit a mod like that be our guest.
 Mav
07-28-2004, 4:36 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
and you complain, but you dont really have the right to complain as YOU cant mod any thing compared to this, id think about that before replying

Careful now don't start a flame war. Besides give the guy a chance after all we did give you a chance to start modding right?

Edit: ^^^above post^^^

Look we all know how hard it is to make any mod and a whole new module is perhaps the hardest, I wouldn't know since I haven't done it, but lets please jsut forget about this guys complaints or "criticism" and just get back on topic - feedback for the mod. After all if you just keep verbally assaulting him that is all he is goign to do back, just drop it and let's get back on topic.
 Yoko
07-28-2004, 5:13 AM
Since Gsccc has had a pretty heard day, I think I will say this. Gsccc has attempted something no one else has attempted. He is trying to make an expansion pack to a game of the year. From the beginning he has faced huge hardships but got over them. He has done a whole bunch of work and keeps up with a part time job, by part i mean 6 hours. He takes the time out of his day to make this mod, for one reason, he wants to make players happy. That is pretty admirable if you ask anyone. Gsccc deserves respect of a high degree, attemting a mod like this for your first time modding kotor is hard. I dont play kotor i just update his website and help him with the dialogue, but from what i have seen, this man has done a lot of work and it looks good. He needs our support and a darn lot of it. Kampher, for example is probably one of the most talked about reasons that Gsccc has kept going. I think Gsccc could use some support right now, lets show him that we care. Gsccc i give you a standing ovation.
 TemporaryTomato
07-28-2004, 6:10 AM
Okay, I've just tried the mod, and it's good for a beta!

These are some things that I think would make it better
(I understand that it's still a beta, I'm merely giving my suggestions and opinions):

More people. It'd be nice if you actually fought alongside with sith soldiers as you fight your way to the republic base. :)

The enemies should be difficult, but not this difficult(IMO).
I can understand that you want this to be a challenge, but it's overdone.

For one thing, a republic soldier fighting with his bare hands should die within seconds of encountering the LORD OF THE SITH(hint- powerful ;))
Have loads of weaklings(soldiers), they are fun to kill!
Maybe like 20 or so soldiers on the way to the base, and 20 more there.

With the sith fighting at your side, I think it could be quite cinematic and cool!:)
Equip the soldiers with powerful blaster rifles that hurt, should kill in a couple of shots unless you have an energy shield(maybe something like 30-50 damage?). Now the weaklings can hurt you!
Makes it a challenge without overpowered enemies!
:vadar:
The Jedi are also too powerful, I had an easier time beating Malak than those two!:eek:
Maybe a few groups of level 5-10 jedi(not too many, maybe something like 4 outside of the base and 6 inside) instead of two "uber-jedi".
:cool:

If possible, add the option of bringing party members! Never leave home without your Hunter-Killer droid! ;)
Even a droid has to be allowed a little fun once in a while...- HK

That's all I can think of for now, and take these as suggestions, not complaints! ;)
It's very good for your first mod!
Hell, I can't make things like this, too complicated for me.:p

NOTE: I take no responsibility for the overusage of smileys in the above post.
 Colma Adawin
07-28-2004, 6:37 AM
Careful now don't start a flame war. Besides give the guy a chance after all we did give you a chance to start modding right?

dont worry Mav, i tried to seem i was angry but not to go over the top, i learnt my lesson with Grifman...... (GRRRR) :p :p

i wanted to put across that Gsccc is doing something Grand and doing it quicker than any other modder.

i tried to make it seem as a statement not an attempted flame, if it seems like that then i apolgise,

MattCole

Keep up the EXCELLENT mod Gsccc and Yoko, the IE is here if you need it :D:D:D
 Mav
07-28-2004, 6:44 AM
^^^

No worries Matt:p

i was simply trying to get everything back on track and away from bickering and such, but it seems Temporary Tomato did it for me
 Colma Adawin
07-28-2004, 7:00 AM
^^^

No worries Matt:p

i was simply trying to get everything back on track and away from bickering and such, but it seems Temporary Tomato did it for me

Thats GR8! :D:D:D thx Mav and thx TT

MattCole
 CDRSeadog
07-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Just a quick note, Gsccc - I featured a modest writeup on your ROTS: Manaan BETA mod over at RPGDot this AM:-)

You can catch it here: http://www.rpgdot.com)
 stingerhs
07-28-2004, 11:44 AM
very good work gsccc. i'm lookin forward to the rest of it whenever your done. as far as comments, i think i agree with temporarytomato on most things, especially the fighting alongside the sith soldiers part. that would be just plain out awesome.
:joy:
 StormTrooper789
07-28-2004, 12:40 PM
I DO think that this is a good mod. So I compliment ur work Gsccc.
 Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 2:21 PM
First of all I would like to thank ALL of you for answering Yoko's request, and thank you again yoko for standing up for me. Thank you very much temp for the helpful hints. I am working on lowering the power of the light side. Consider this beta, an interactive screenshot compared to what i will do next. As for making waves, im not THAT experianced yet, but i am hoping that the lovely darth333 will help me. The Republic embasy is small and I am not sure if I can fit as many as you want. But i will try. As for having sith fight with you. They wont move, i tried it but they shoot :) . If I could make them move that would be great.
If you can remember there was a sith after the one who wished you good luck and he didnt talk. Well this sith was supposed to be with you but he doesnt budge when he sees a badguy. Ill try to fix this. And the only slightly uber jedi will be the one inside the comp room. He will be Striken of his ability to heal. So im gettting to work right away.:D

:atat: All hail Lord the sith!:atat:
 Glamador
07-28-2004, 2:24 PM
im extremely sorry that i was so angry sounding...idk how what i meant to be a helpful post turned into something nasty, ill edit that right away...TemporaryTomato said just about evrything i meant to say in a nicer way...but i was able to use party members...i could have never killed those uber-jedi without them (trusty old HK and my favorite of all fallen jedi, bastila!)...o and BTW, i believe i COULD do something like this (perhaps not easily)...it takes time and effort to make a mod this good and unfortunately my short attention span doesnt allow for such things...in the end i think this mod is gonna ROCK with custom worlds (like that hoth world u were workin on) and with some custom voice acting it would be terrific...wat u need is my uncle...he can do so many different voices and accents its just amazing...
 Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by CDRSeadog
Just a quick note, Gsccc - I featured a modest writeup on your ROTS: Manaan BETA mod over at RPGDot this AM:-)

You can catch it here: http://www.rpgdot.com)
I appreciate this very much. Thank you!
 Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 2:44 PM
About "voice acting", if anyone would like to voice act please say so. I have one person over here who can act, it would not sound good for a girl. So once again, if you do, please reply.
 Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 4:54 PM
IT WORKED!!!! WOW IT WORKED!!!, i did a voice over and i heard it in the sith! ok Glamador, i am going to do the enter manaan sith and see how you like it. I could still use the other guys.
 Mav
07-28-2004, 5:07 PM
you got some voice acting to work.... sounds pretty awesome man.
 TemporaryTomato
07-28-2004, 5:09 PM
Hey, if you add someone ridiculous:darthx:, I'm sure I could do some voice acting!:D
I was thinking of buying a new mic anyway, heh.

Add a shady rodian in a corner and I'll do his voice ;)
"Gluupor... Gluupor wonky!"

No wait, I got it, add a jawa that speaks swedish! :D :D

j/k

Voice acting will be nice though, looking forward to it.
I enjoy the music replacements you sent me btw, fits in very nicely on Tattooine!;)
:jaw2::cheers:

EDIT:
Hey, hows that for a name?
Darth Ridiculous! :darthx: :darthx:
 Glamador
07-28-2004, 10:26 PM
i wanna be a male commoner! im so good at groveling! "Please master sith dont hurt me i dont want to die! nooo please!!"

or something along those lines...
 Doc Valentine
07-28-2004, 10:49 PM
OK i did it, i have updated Manaan to Beta v0.10, there are sith voices, and the jedi are now not so hard to beat, havent added more peeps yet, it is a pain in the arse. But i will get to it. I will report when i have posted my mod.
 Doc Valentine
07-29-2004, 2:06 AM
Ok it is done, you can find Beta v0.10 at my new site. Here is the link if you dont know:http://cmgsccc0.tripod.com/).
These are the new features:
The sith soldiers now have voices, thanks to Glamador i added them.

The jedi are no longer "uber jedi" but they arn't a piece of cake.

The republic soldiers have blasters AND vibroblades.

The Dialogue is less cheezy.
 TemporaryTomato
07-29-2004, 7:02 AM
Sounds good, I'm downloading now.:p

Time to use my old ьber-revan, hehehe. :vadar:
 Darth Dex
07-29-2004, 10:00 AM
I'd love to help with vocie acting, but I don't have a mic.
 Glamador
07-29-2004, 1:52 PM
this is a million times better! i still cant hear voices...but the dialogue with Radon KICKS ASS! the dialogue with that guy about malak jaw however...needs work...and the main area with the soldiers and that jedi is perfect in balance and stuff (didnt have to cheat this time)...Radon is still a bit too overpowered tho (had to cheat unfortunately)
 TemporaryTomato
07-29-2004, 2:13 PM
I just tried it, and its way better.

I still think the soldiers are a bit overpowered, could you decrease their hp slightly?
The damage they do is great though.
Just add more of them. :)
As Glamador said, some bits of dialogue still need work, but it's much better than the first beta!

Idea:
How about making the "boss" one of the jedi from the jedi council instead?
That would justify the "ьberness".:p
Maybe change his combat scripts if possible. A jedi doing force lightning seems... odd.;)
And please, decrease the amount of healing he does a bit! He just heals and heals and heals...

My revan(from my first playthrough so he's quite sucky) couldn't touch him, so I had to rely on TONS of grenades, having candy and hk laying mines all over the place, and lame stuff like running away and waiting for my party members to wake up.:D

Still, it was WAY better than the first beta!
I had loads of fun, even if hk found it a bit boring to keep hurling nades at the damn meatbag...:p

I couldn't hear any speech though...:confused:
 Doc Valentine
07-29-2004, 4:22 PM
LOL ok here is the major problem, i didnt add the streamwavs folder to the mod so the soldiers didnt talk. and a Hint to defeat the jedi. Do force stun, status field, insanity, works EVERY time. Then they cant heal. If i make them less uber then they die almost instantly. I fixed it and there is sound now. How did you guys like the music?
 TemporaryTomato
07-29-2004, 4:26 PM
Originally posted by Gsccc
LOL ok here is the major problem, i didnt add the streamwavs folder to the mod so the soldiers didnt talk. and a Hint to defeat the jedi. Do force stun, status field, insanity, works EVERY time. Then they cant heal. If i make them less uber then they die almost instantly. I fixed it and there is sound now. How did you guys like the music?

Hm, he always resisted all that for me...:confused:
Just add more enemies instead of the uberness;)

The music is great btw.

I'll try the version with sound now, heh.

:darthx
 Glamador
07-29-2004, 5:39 PM
slight misnomer with the "steamwaves" folder...i extracted it to my SWkotor folder as per usual and was already ingame b4 i realized the problem...it should be "streamwaves"...u did a great job isolating ur voice too! most of it sounds a bit rushed but it is only a beta after all! great work indeed! one small problem as well...even tho u have voices u forgot to remove the subtitles for responses...overall good tho!
 Doc Valentine
07-29-2004, 5:51 PM
as for the streamwaves thing i hope that is all cleared up. However the subtitles i think your talking about the words on the bottom of the screen when the people talk, are there even in the origonal KOTOR english or alien.
 StormTrooper789
07-29-2004, 5:52 PM
What format do you save the sound files in? I have Goldwave Registered Version. I have Text-to-Speech engines and a MIC!
 Doc Valentine
07-29-2004, 5:55 PM
Well, I am unsure of the question. I save them as mp3's and put them in the folder. Errrr, how do you mean:confused:
Page: 1 of 5