Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Adding Vehicles?

Page: 1 of 1
 B00mer
07-22-2004, 12:01 AM
Hey again guys, sorry for the frequent threads.

How do I add vehicles.. I added the tie fighter model but thats a model and you cant fly it (duh, i said to myself) How do I add a tie figher. I want it to be suspended in mid air under my ramp in my hangar. (think of siege_destroyer.) any help would be appreciated

thanks in advanced.
 Ockniel
07-22-2004, 5:29 AM
alrighty, so, you dont want a vehicle, you want a model that will stay stationary, or do you want a vehicle that you can get in? If you want a model, open up assets1 with pakscape, and extract the 'models' folder into
c:/program files/lucasarts/gamedata/base
(if you installed your JA the default way) once you've done that, go into gtkradiant (or jk2radiant, whatever your using) an rightclick on the grid, select off the list,
misc/model,
then, a box should open up for you, then go into
models/mapobjects/ships
then, select any meodel you want from there, all of the ships in JA are there.

remember, these are models, they wont fly, but if you place them suspended in air, they will stay.
 B00mer
07-22-2004, 7:17 AM
Originally posted by Ockniel
alrighty, so, you dont want a vehicle, you want a model that will stay stationary, or do you want a vehicle that you can get in? If you want a model, open up assets1 with pakscape, and extract the 'models' folder into
c:/program files/lucasarts/gamedata/base
(if you installed your JA the default way) once you've done that, go into gtkradiant (or jk2radiant, whatever your using) an rightclick on the grid, select off the list,
misc/model,
then, a box should open up for you, then go into
models/mapobjects/ships
then, select any meodel you want from there, all of the ships in JA are there.

remember, these are models, they wont fly, but if you place them suspended in air, they will stay.

i already added the model... i said that... I want the Drivable Vehicle.
 Mercenary
07-22-2004, 7:25 AM
Open up assets1.pk3 and look at the ext_data/npcs/ directory. Vehicles are NPCs. You should see them there. Let's say you want to add a swoop, in Radiant put an NPC_vehicle in your map. In the entity window make the following entry;

key: NPC_type
value: swoop
 [ONE]Mushroom
07-25-2004, 8:58 PM
 WadeV1589
07-26-2004, 7:33 AM
This is one of those threads where the first reply should have been 'search'...we've been over this several times before.
Page: 1 of 1