Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Holowan Laboratories - News @ RPGDot

Page: 4 of 5
 CDRSeadog
12-11-2004, 11:35 AM
*chuckles* Ahh ChAiNz - your "nomme de guerre" would reflect what, in my old parlance, would be called a "S/switch" - meaning at times (and your moods) you are dominate, and at other timess, submissive/passive in nature:-) *chuckles again*

And I've bookmarked this thread so's I don't miss it for my next report - in which I shall be certain to give some little welcome to Darth Omeggacron:-)
 CDRSeadog
12-14-2004, 7:29 AM
I did another Holowan Laboratories report today - the following Modders/mods/mod upgrades/modsites/WIP's (whew - did I forget anything??) were featured:

(1) T7Nowhere for his lightsabers/modsite - plus "quotes".

(2) Mono_Giganto (2 mods)

(3) Svosh's WIP

(4) ChAiNz (a small, inside joke - plus his Mod & WIP).

(5) Cameron (mod upgrade)

(6) Darth Omegacron (mods/modsite).
 Prime
12-14-2004, 8:09 AM
Originally posted by CDRSeadog
whew - did I forget anything?? Not to toot our own horn (okay, maybe a little :) ), you can check out our clone trooper mod here (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html) and here. (http://pcgamemods.com/8967)
 ChAiNz.2da
12-14-2004, 8:43 AM
(4) ChAiNz (a small, inside joke - plus his Mod & WIP).

:lol: yup, I am confused, but apparently I'm not alone ;)

The WIP link you posted is for a different 'Chains' hehehe..... or is it? maybe it's a conspiracy to confuse everyone? :dev11: muwahahaha!

ummm..nope no conspiracy ..haha? funny?....hello?

Thanks for the 'gifted' comment! :D

I'd blush but I'm at work and everyone would call me a sissy boy, push me around and take my lunch credits... Oh wait!...editors don't get breaks...silly me :rolleyes:

Thanks for the mention CDRSeadog! I'm grateful!
 CDRSeadog
12-14-2004, 1:44 PM
*chuckles* You are very welcomed ChAiNz.

Hmmm - logged your post in, Prime - I'll catch it up with my next Holowan report - thanks for letting me know:-)
 T7nowhere
12-14-2004, 2:19 PM
Thanks man, I always appreciate your time and effort you put into spreading the word about KotOR modding and the Hard work we all put into this hobby. :)
 Prime
12-14-2004, 4:12 PM
Hmmm - logged your post in, Prime - I'll catch it up with my next Holowan report - thanks for letting me know:-) No problem at all. :)
 CDRSeadog
12-16-2004, 5:06 AM
I'll make a small mention of your website/mods, Prime - insofar as your Clone StormTroopers mod - I had already mentioned it in my long "catch-up" Holowan report done on the 11th of December (it's the first mod mentioned in the last paragraph:-)
 CDRSeadog
12-16-2004, 5:08 AM
NP, my friend - you already know it's always a pleasure for me to write about mods and modders...Indie Game Developers are also another forte of mine :-)
 CDRSeadog
12-16-2004, 8:16 AM
I almost forgot to mention I did a small Holowan Report today - the following modders/mods were mentioned:-)

(1) TK-102 (for his utility upgrades)

(2) Prime (for his remarkable website, Warped Productions)

(3) Mono-Giganto (Mod)

(4) Deathdisco (mod upgrade)

(5) Sepithro (new weapon modpack)
 CDRSeadog
12-24-2004, 4:20 AM
Just thought I'd let everyone know that - rather than do a Holowan Laboratories report today - I'm saving my report for tomorrow morning - Christmas Day - which is (traditionally) a very slow day for any kind of gaming/mod reporting:-)

Additionally - though it's not much - you may want to check out the Holiday Wishes I plan to post tomorrow - one for RPGDot, and one for AdventureDot.

BTW - please feel free to e-mail me should any of you have other mods/mod news, etc that is either really hard to pinpoint here at the Holowan and/or isn't a part of the downloads at PCGameMods...
 CDRSeadog
12-25-2004, 4:48 AM
Merry Christmas to all!!!

Another Holowan report concluded this AM - the following modders (and their respective mods, of course) made this Christmas edition...

(1) The Team of Svosh & T7Nowhere for their Cheesy XMas Pack"

(2) The Team of Xavier2/Bneezy/[STGN] Locutus/Mono_Giganto (with help from tk-102 & the lady Darth333).

(3) tk-102

(4) Mono_Giganto

(5) Darkender was given credit for being kind enough to post Seprithroh's "New Weapons Pack"

(6) Chains

(7) DigitalMetal

(8) Deathdisco

(9) Sirus

I did note that the KotOR "Mod of the Week" seems to have (perhaps) changed to the "Mod of the Month"???

May all the best of the holiday's blessings be with you and yours on this holy day:-)
 ChAiNz.2da
12-25-2004, 5:31 AM
Merry Christmas to all!!!

Another Holowan report concluded this AM - the following modders (and their respective mods, of course) made this Christmas edition...

(6) ChAiNz

ACK!! :eek: wrong ChAiNz Chains CDR!!

There's another modder here at Holowan whose username is "Chains" (with an 's' not a 'Z') and it was his Gus Kenobi Saber Mod...

I've since changed my username last week to "ChAiNz.2da" in hopes we (Chains and myself) don't get ourselves confused ;) heheh

Just thought I'd let you know that it's Chains that gets the credit for his hardwork (and good mod BTW)....

(I've been lying low on modding for awhile...just playin' around with .2da 'support' till TSL is released for PC)
 CDRSeadog
12-25-2004, 6:32 AM
Oh Good Heavens - I should have caught that - well - let me seee if I can at least correct the newspost:-)
 ChAiNz.2da
12-25-2004, 7:58 AM
Oh Good Heavens - I should have caught that - well - let me seee if I can at least correct the newspost:-)

hehe... no worries...it happens to the best of us ;)

What's scary is, I actually went to RPGDot to check and see what I had released. It wasn't until I saw the name of the mod when I realized..."Hey wait a minute, I didn't create anything this week...did I?" ... :lol: :nut:

Thanks for keeping me on my toes ;)
 Darkkender
12-25-2004, 8:14 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
hehe... no worries...it happens to the best of us ;)

What's scary is, I actually went to RPGDot to check and see what I had released. It wasn't until I saw the name of the mod when I realized..."Hey wait a minute, I didn't create anything this week...did I?" ... :lol: :nut:

Thanks for keeping me on my toes ;)

Actually you did ChAiNz.2da . You provided a merged .2da file for Xavier2's addition to the MECK project Here on page 2 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141705&perpage=40&pagenumber=2) :D

Being as your A unofficial Member of MECK you do that work and aren't getting the credit or giving it to yourself.:cool:
 ChAiNz.2da
12-25-2004, 8:51 AM
Originally posted by Darkkender
Being as your A unofficial Member of MECK you do that work and aren't getting the credit or giving it to yourself.:cool:

Well yeah, but I like to think of it as Community Support rather than being part of the actual mod(s), but in [MECK]'s defense, Prime gave me 'glowing' reviews (credits) in his comments at pcgamemods and on his own website....that and Xavier2 has expressed his thanks many times over.

It's the least I could do for Holowan, now that I know enough to give back some of the massive support I received (and still do) when I first started modding :D I'm just glad I could help.

wow... that was over 2-1/2 months ago. Time flies when you're going senile :spin:
 svцsh
12-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Belated thanks for the mention a short while back, and again thanks for today’s mention. T7 and I had fun making the mods, we just wanted to add to the holiday spirit and give some people a laugh or two ;)
I wish you A very happy holiday as well CDRSeadog :noel:

svцsh
 CDRSeadog
12-26-2004, 3:41 AM
You are always welcomed, Svosh - as you know by now it is always my pleasure...and I hope that your Christmas celebrations were the best as well for yourself, and yours:-)

*chuckles@ChAiNz* Well, I still managed to get the correct "Chains" in my report after all - thanks to you for your astute observation.

Incidentally - I rather suspect KotOR mods here at the Holowan are on a small decline for awhile - at least (I suspect) until the release of the PC version of KotOR 2 (something I've pre-ordered myself)...nevertheless, I shall continue to check in from time to time to see if enough accumulative mods/mod tools/mod upgrades and/or mod news warrant a "Holowan Report"!!

Till next reporting - take care all!! And if I do not see (or mention in a report) any of you beforehand - I wish you all a Happy (and safe) New Year.
 Darth333
12-26-2004, 6:07 AM

I did note that the KotOR "Mod of the Week" seems to have (perhaps) changed to the "Mod of the Month"???

Hehe :D The mod of the week page should be updated retroactively sometime this week. I've been quite busy on the TSL forums, watching for spoiler tags (and playing TSL ;) ) and t7 also has been busy.

In the meantime, you can enjoy our new seasonal screenshot: http://www.starwarsknights.com/view.php?screen=screenshots/Xmas_wishes.jpg) :D

Thanks again for all what you do for modders :)
 CDRSeadog
12-28-2004, 9:01 AM
NP, lady Darth333 - I had read somewhere else that you were quite busy with TSL - even though I just recently invested in an Xbox (and a whole bunch of games as well), and am investing in a PS2 after the New Year (and a whole bunch of games as well - after I buy my CIC a new car, that is:-)...

I'm awaiting the PC version of TSL - both for the better playing pleasure, and for the modding.

BTW - reason I mentioned the Xbox & PS2 was simply my way of saying I'm expanding my game reporting horizons by trying to develope some skill in systems whose RPG games we report on anyway.

Ummm - and I did like the screenie:-)
 CDRSeadog
01-06-2005, 5:06 AM
OK - another edition of my Holowan Laboratories report is out today, and the following mods (with their respective mod creators, of course) were featured:

(1) tk-102

(2) Xavier2 and team/Darkender

(3) Aolas (w/Svosh & ChAiNz)

(4) Sith_Master2000

(5) Shaggoth

(6) djk1

(7) TemporaryTomato

(8) T7nowhere (Thanks to Darkender for pointing this out - I was able to edit my report to include this:-)

If I've missed anything/anyone - do be kind enough to let me know:-)
 Darkkender
01-06-2005, 5:26 AM
You missed T7's new Qui-gon jin lightsaber model that he released.

Oh and thanks for the mention.
 CDRSeadog
01-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Never a problem, Darkender.

BTW - thanks to your mentioning T7nowhere - I was able to edit my report to include him in today's report - rather than wait for some little time until my next report.
 tk102
01-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Thank you for the last two mentions CDRSeadog, and Happy New Year to you. :emodanc:
 CDRSeadog
01-07-2005, 2:58 AM
You are always welcomed, my friend...and I hope that the holiday festivities went well with you and yours as well:-)
 Darkkender
01-07-2005, 2:59 AM
Never a problem, Darkender.

BTW - thanks to your mentioning T7nowhere - I was able to edit my report to include him in today's report - rather than wait for some little time until my next report.

I was going to also mention there is a recruitable rancor mod that madog has wrote however he has submitted it to lucasfiles which as of yet has not posted it for download.
 Darkkender
01-09-2005, 9:10 AM
Hey CDRSeadog I figured it might be worth mentioning before you release your next Holowan Report that there are a few new mods that have been released that are not at pcgamemods.com

supersquall has released his Chrono Mod 1.0--A chrono trigger version jedi robes. This is released at his site.

madog has released his recruitable Rancor that replaces HK-47. This has been uploaded to lucasfiles.com as of yet they have not actually posted it as available for download.

PartyLizardJedi has released a recruit republic soldier mod at his site as well.

I figure any little bit counts in helping our favorite publicist out so that he doesn't miss the people who can use some credit.

Also please note While I uploaded another patched version of the Jabba Palace Mod I would not consider it worth re-mentioning in your next Holowan report. As I had just flubbed on the first upload by uploading the wrong archive by accident.
 CDRSeadog
01-10-2005, 3:52 AM
Thanks again, Darkender - I do try to peruse the Holowan as well before making my reports - but the mods posted in other sites can oft get overlooked - I've made note of these, and will include them in my next report:-)
 CDRSeadog
01-11-2005, 5:23 AM
Whew!! Today's Holowan Laboratories report took up some little time:-)

Nevertheless, the following KotOR Mod Engineers (and their respective mods and/or modsites, of course) were featured in today's missive (and in no certain order):

(1) Achilles (good luck on your academic endeavors, my friend:-)

(2) tk-102

(3) PrtyLizardJedi (and his new modsite)

(4) Aolas

(5) Tanesh

(6) SuperSquall (all 3 mods and modsite)

(7) Illuzion69

(8) Mar Komus
 CDRSeadog
01-25-2005, 5:27 AM
Another Holowan reporting day...

the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods - in no certain order) were featuredd in today's report:

(1) Madog

(2) Gsccc

(3) Mattcolejk

(4) CaptainSkye

(5) MagnoliaFan

(6) Temporarytomato

(7) ChAiNz.2da

(8) Zeonman0079

And a belated, but well-deserved congratulations to my friend, tk102 is also in order:-)
 ChAiNz.2da
01-25-2005, 6:31 AM
sweet!
You are indeed the 'Helping Hand of Holowan'... or would that be the 'Nodder to Modders of Holowan'... or perhaps...
I'll stop before tk102 uses one of his new "powers" ;)

You humble us with your dedication (careful, we might get used to this.. heh.. ) as always my friend, Thank You for the mention :)
 CDRSeadog
01-25-2005, 10:28 AM
*chuckles* Never a problem, my friend - and get used to it you might as well - just because KotOR 2 will be out in a few more weeks doesn't mean I will drop any new Kotor mods. Quite the opposite - as I see the Holowan Laboratories as being (once again) the leaders in KotOR modding when KotOR 2 is released:-)

So I think I'll still be around the Holowan for some little time left to come. I might even try my hand at modding it - especially as my comprehension of Xbox modding isn't even worth mentioning *chuckles again*

Speaking of which - I'd better quit chatting and get to researching - I did promise to have my Star Wars KotOR 2: The Sith Lords (Xbox) review completed by the end of the weekend:-)
 CDRSeadog
01-29-2005, 1:38 PM
For those who may wonder - I recently expanded my gaming experiences to include the Xbox and PS2.

And while I am also awaiting my pre-ordered copy of KotOR 2 for the PC - I did break down and get the Xbox version - and even worse - did my first ever Xbox game review of it (i.e. in case I lost anyone) my review of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords.

I sent the final copy in to my own Editor-In-Chief - which means, for any that might be interested - it should be posted on RPGDot sometime late Monday/Tuesday afternoon:-)

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php)
 Darkkender
01-30-2005, 4:51 AM
Cool I look forward to reading it. If it is as well written as your reviews of our mods then I'm sure it will be great.
 CDRSeadog
01-30-2005, 5:47 AM
Ummm - that depends, Darkender *chuckles*

You see, I started out my RPGDot reporting with a lot of creativity - which was something our readers were just NOT into *chuckles again* They want news and newsbit done in a more-or-less bland style, without a lot of extra.

However, I've always enjoyed creative writing - though, throughout most of my life, I've limited my creative works to free verse poetry and musical compositions on a purely personal basis (meaning I've never had a desire to publish).

I've discovered that I do have a creative penchant for writing gaming reviews - something my Editor-In-Chief is delighted to discover as well. And while my readers want their news bland - they do seem to enjoy the creativity I try to put in each and every review I write:-)

For those that think my reviews tend to be much more positive than negative - that is because I believe there are two distinctly types of "reviewers" - actual reviewers, and critics. I pride myself in being much more of a reviewer than a critic:-)
 Darkkender
01-30-2005, 6:49 AM

For those that think my reviews tend to be much more positive than negative - that is because I believe there are two distinctly types of "reviewers" - actual reviewers, and critics. I pride myself in being much more of a reviewer than a critic:-)

Well I always prefer that type of mentallity over those who would constantly break somebody apart that is.
 CDRSeadog
02-01-2005, 12:55 PM
My review of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords - is complete, and posted:-)

http://www.rpgdot.com/)
 Darkkender
02-01-2005, 4:41 PM
I must say I was very impressed with your review.

I must admit I love the plug for the labs in the second to last paragraph.:p
 CDRSeadog
02-02-2005, 4:01 AM
Thank you - I do have so much fun doing game reviews:-)
 CDRSeadog
02-03-2005, 4:43 AM
Once again, it's time for the latest Holowan Laboratories report over at RPGDot.

Today's featured Mod Engineers (and their respective mods) were as follows:

(1) RedHawke

(2) Xavier 2

(3) Highcom117

(4) Deathdisco

(5) Shaggoth

(6) DarthBen

(7) Messkell
 CDRSeadog
02-08-2005, 5:58 AM
Once again, its Holowan Laboratories reporting day over at RPGDot/KotORDot - the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods) received notice in today's news story:

(1) Darth333 (and I had some fun with that newsbit)

(2) Darkkender

(3) HULAS and the extraordinary MotOR Squad

(4) Maverick187

(5) Sketch42

(6) Oddball_E8

(7) Madog1134 (only for posting his mod on pcgamemods)
 Darkkender
02-08-2005, 6:02 AM
Thanks for the mention just as a side note the Yavin 4th mod is a polish release by HULAS. His readme says they are working on english translations still. Just incase it's not to late to edit your update.
 Darth333
02-08-2005, 6:07 AM
Thanks again CDRSeadog :)
(1) Darth333 (and I had some fun with that newsbit) And I had fun doing this mod :p
 Mav
02-08-2005, 6:56 PM
Hey CDRSeadog, bet you haven't typed my.... username??? in a while huh? lol, thanks for the spot.
 CDRSeadog
02-21-2005, 6:28 AM
Never a problem Maverick187...Darth333...Darkkender:-)

BTW - I forgot to make my report to the Holowan re my newsbits of last Saturday the 19th over at RPGDot only (I'm still not totally sure why they didn't post over on our KotOR website) - anyway, this was part 1 of a two part series of Holowan Laboratories reports I intended to do to catch up on everything I had missed:-)

For Saturday's report - the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods & modsites) for KotOR 2 were featured:

(1) RedHawke

(2) Darth333

(3) TK102 :-)

(4) Cchargin

(5) Achilles

(6) Darkkender

(7) Shimaon

(8) Liquidthex

(9) MacLeodCorp

Then today - I just finished up part 2 of my Holowan Laboratories report - with the following Mod Engineers (and their respective mods as I could find only at PCGameMods) were featured:

(1) Mar Komus

(2) Dark Jedi

(3) :USA:Hefe(I)

(4) MacLeodCorp

(5) Allronix

(6) Masterchief2491

(7) Maverick187

(8) Kampher

(9) Xcom

(10) GotGoose

(11) Illuzion69

Hopefully I've now caught up with everyone - if not, then my apology - but I've only so much time in which I can dedicate to any one report, and I can dedicate only so much reporting space to any one report over at RPGDot - if I deviate from my editorial guidelines, then the readers are unhappy. Cest le vie.
 Darkkender
02-21-2005, 8:06 AM
It seems Envida got missed. I know this is going to be tough keeping track of various mod engineers for TSL for awhile as many are afraid of posting at pcgamemods untill there is a TSL section there. I will try to lend a helkping hand where I can.
 Achilles
02-21-2005, 9:41 AM
Good to be on the roster again :). Thanks, CDRSeadog!
 cchargin
02-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Hi CDRSeadog,

Thanks for the mention at RPGDot.

There is 1 correction that needs to be made though. I have not released MDLOps for Kotor 2 yet.

I am surprised that I caught this before my PM box got jammed with messages telling me that MDLOps is broken. :)
 kampher
02-21-2005, 4:18 PM
Hey Thanks CDRSeadog for the coverage. It felt good to be recognised as a new modder here at holowan. Thanks again :)
Page: 4 of 5