Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sabre Blade Textures :D

Page: 1 of 1
 Colma Adawin
07-19-2004, 12:49 PM
hey ppl i was tinkering with the sabre colours, and i was messen around and thought of something, tried it played a bit more and i ended up with this:

http://img7.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img7&image=FireSabre.jpg)

for my second go on sabre blade textures im quite impressed with these :D:D:D im going to keep ' tinkering ' and post my results here, and if you like what i produce i'll create a collection and release a pack for them, but i may release them for the shear hell of it :p

I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK!!! PLEASE GIVE ASAP

MattCole

PS once you flourish the sabre you get an added ' Sythe' :D
 Ajunta Pall
07-19-2004, 1:36 PM
Woah...:eek:. Brilliance. Pure brilliance. Me wanty!!!
 odysseus
07-19-2004, 1:40 PM
Nicely done!
 Darth Dex
07-19-2004, 1:47 PM
batbaba I'm loving it!
 Darth_ToMeR
07-19-2004, 1:48 PM
nice
 Colma Adawin
07-19-2004, 2:16 PM
wow, i knew i liked it, but i didnt realise you liked it as well, the only problem i've got with it is that it only looks decent if its in either short sabre or standard sabre, the other blade to the double sabre has a bit that just looks like a right n00b job (which it is) :p

thx for the replys, does this mean you want more flame-type sabres or should i start to come up with a new design? :p LoL

MattCole
 Darth Dex
07-19-2004, 2:20 PM
Just a idea, but maybe more than flame one. One that looks like a flame shoooting out of the saner or something.
 Darth_ToMeR
07-19-2004, 2:21 PM
thx for the replys, does this mean you want more flame-type sabres or should i start to come up with a new design? :p LoL

MattCole [/B]
The idea was good and you did it good, but i prefer classic starwars.
 Darth Gungis
07-19-2004, 2:36 PM
REAL NICE!!! But i think you should make them in the same length as Malak's Lightsaber is. At least i would DL it RIGHT AWAY.:D
 Colma Adawin
07-19-2004, 3:20 PM
well me and LoB have finished our first co-ordinated mod, and will be releasing it soon on our site,

MattCole
 Darth Dex
07-19-2004, 3:55 PM
Hey Matt I told you I was going to mess with one and make my own, well here is is (sorry about stealing your thread)
http://img5.exs.cx/img5/1908/KotOR0000b.jpg)
 Colma Adawin
07-19-2004, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by Darth Dex
Hey Matt I told you I was going to mess with one and make my own, well here is is (sorry about stealing your thread)
http://img5.exs.cx/img5/1908/KotOR0000b.jpg)

thats okay, anyone can do it, i want to see your attepmts at doing this ppl!! and Darth Dex, that looks really cool, i knew you had a hidden talent, nice one

MattCole
 Darth Dex
07-19-2004, 5:31 PM
Please Matt if you saw the tga file I used it was luck I was trying to make a funny screenshot.
 Mav
07-19-2004, 6:16 PM
Personally I think they look pretty neat but I agree with Darth_ToMeR, I like the classic thin blades I like to tinker with colors, it looks cool but it looks more like a fire sword than a fire saber, just me though.
 Darth Dex
07-19-2004, 6:38 PM
lol I was trying to make a crab.....
 Darth Dex
07-19-2004, 7:53 PM
Hey Matt can you use this one ensted (for the pack):
http://img10.exs.cx/img10/9061/KotOR0000c.jpg)
 RedHawke
07-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk

MattCole

While I applaud your achievement Matt, I think the whole flaming swords thing should be left to the realm of Medieval Fantasy.

Remember Matt, you asked for the feedback! :D
 Colma Adawin
07-20-2004, 1:23 AM
Originally posted by Darth Dex
Hey Matt can you use this one ensted (for the pack):
http://img10.exs.cx/img10/9061/KotOR0000c.jpg)

this shall be joined with the pack,

Originally posted by RedHawke
Remember Matt, you asked for the feedback! :D

you say that as if im going to flame you? im not bothered if you dont like it, yes, i did ask for ppls feedback, and for my second SERIOUS attempt at trying re-texuring i think i did pretty damn good :p, agaim thx for the replys ppl

MattCole
 RedHawke
07-20-2004, 2:19 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
you say that as if im going to flame you? im not bothered if you dont like it, yes, i did ask for ppls feedback, and for my second SERIOUS attempt at trying re-texuring i think i did pretty damn good :p, agaim thx for the replys ppl

MattCole

Actually Matt, I never said I didn't like it, it is a cool achievement, and an impressive effect... I didn't even know that could be done. Which is why I stated that I applaud your efforts, textures are NOT easy, not by a longshot! :D

I just stated that "a flaming sword was a little out of place in Sci-Fi." This is just my personal opinion, and that is what the anti-flame disclaimer line at the end of the post was for.

Keep up the good work man! :D
 Colma Adawin
07-20-2004, 3:37 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Actually Matt, I never said I didn't like it, it is a cool achievement, and an impressive effect... I didn't even know that could be done. Which is why I stated that I applaud your efforts, textures are NOT easy, not by a longshot! :D

I just stated that "a flaming sword was a little out of place in Sci-Fi." This is just my personal opinion, and that is what the anti-flame disclaimer line at the end of the post was for.

Keep up the good work man! :D

well then this calls for an immediate apoligy, Redhawke, im sorry for what i said, and a hearty thx is in order becoz it was an achievement thank you:D

MattCole
Page: 1 of 1