Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Something wrong with movie in KotOR

Page: 1 of 1
 oolie
07-16-2004, 5:34 AM
First of all - sorry for my english:D

The thing is that all movies (including starting logos) are displayed at the very top of the screen and 'vertically flattened' to 1/2 or 2/3 (hard to tell - I've never seen them properly displayed:D ) of normal height. I think I've tried everything including reinstalling Windows (it's XP btw), updating drivers (GFX card - ASUS's 56.72) and DirectX 9.0b, changing graphics options of the game - it's still the same:( Seems like a possible problem with my graphic card, 'cause when I took a screenshot and pasted it with MS Paint it looked OK. But on the other hand I've never had this kind of problem before. I'm a little bit confused...

Correct me if I'm wrong - screenshot is a fragment of data stored in RAM, taking it has nothing to do with GFX card, right? So why screenshots look fine but in game FMVs don't. Probably a software problem but WHERE?! Any ideas?

ASUS V9280 (GeForce Ti 4200 128MB)
SB Live! 5.1
Windows XP + SP1
 Southring
07-21-2004, 11:34 PM
I always thought something like this was the result of the movie's resolution being less than your desktop resolution. Which means that the movie, if it was at 800x600 resolution, is going to be completely off-centered if your desktop (or game, perhaps) is running at... say, 1280x1024.

But I may be wrong.
 oolie
07-23-2004, 2:14 AM
Hmmm... you may be closer than you think:D It could be a resolution switching problem. Currently my desktop is at 1280x960 and maybe setting desktop res at, for example, 1024x768 would help. I'll give it a shot. And thanks for the tip:D
Page: 1 of 1