Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No Official Tools for KOTOR2

Page: 1 of 1
 StormTrooper789
07-14-2004, 11:41 AM
That's right no toolsets will be released for KOTOR2! :mad: There is some good news, all the file formats are the same and all of our tools will work with KOTOR2. Here is the page with the devastating news:KOTOR2: FAQ (http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=1078)
 Sivy
07-14-2004, 11:58 AM
were you really expecting some?

I wasn’t.

it's good we’ll still be able to use kotor tool with it.
see, there are some advantages with them using the same engine.
 StormTrooper789
07-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Well, me, not really either. Some people were hoping so I posted this thread to notify them.
 StormTrooper789
07-14-2004, 6:21 PM
The model format will be different than in KOTOR1. So models for KOTOR2 may be easier to crack and we might be able to do animations!
 Darth_ToMeR
07-14-2004, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by StormTrooper789
The model format will be different than in KOTOR1. So models for KOTOR2 may be easier to crack and we might be able to do animations! I don't think it's so good, because some already did a lot to try and crack the model, and in Kotor2 they will need to do that from the beginning. And if it was the same model format we could take the robes (the actually robes) from Kotor2 to Kotor1. But if we'll can make models easier with animations it will be very good.
 Mav
07-14-2004, 7:44 PM
I wasn't expecting any tools, but the other news about Kotor 2 sounds great so I'm not too dissappointed:D :D
 RedHawke
07-14-2004, 9:30 PM
I don't think anyone was expecting tools for KOTOR 2... Were they?

And the model format NOT being the same could be even more problematic than it is for KOTOR 1.

Although if they do have NO LEVEL CAP that would rock! :D
 Achilles
07-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Did anyone else catch the part where it said that KotORII might be out in December instead? This is the first game that I've ever tracked this closely, so forgive the n00bish question:

Do developers usually say it's going to be early?

Thanks =)
 Jackel
07-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
Did anyone else catch the part where it said that KotORII might be out in December instead? This is the first game that I've ever tracked this closely, so forgive the n00bish question:

Thanks =)

I think it was MCA that said its not up to them when the game gets published , they have a date to finish it by and that date is still the same.

LA though can rush it through testing to get it out early though rather then get it out in Feb.
 RedHawke
07-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Achillies

Thanks =)

Sorry Achilles, but the december release of KOTOR 2 has been talked about in another thread in the Telos Tourist Beareau, and this link in that thread posted by Prime gives the sad answer;

Originally posted by Prime
False (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=105956)
 Mav
07-15-2004, 12:48 AM
I really don't mind waiting until February for the game to come out, one reason is that it will give us more time to mod KotOR 1 and give us time to get the model fully cracked, whoops did I say us I meant cchargin (great job cchargin). Also I have a PS2 so I'll be pretty busy with Madden '05 and GTA:SA so the realease date doesn't worry me too much, but what I'm really looking forward to is hearing more about that part where they were talking about adding more saber hilts, hopefully they make it so the texture wraps around the model in a way that doesn't make it look like a bunch of drunken monkeys put it together.
 RedHawke
07-15-2004, 1:07 AM
^^^^^
Uhh Mav, don't mean to burst your bubble there... but the KOTOR 2 FAQ posted above says KOTOR 2 is using DIFFERENT models than KOTOR 1 is.

This is either very good thing or a very bad thing;

Very Good is that these new KOTOR 2 models will be easier to crack.

Very Bad is these new KOTOR 2 models will take even longer to crack.
 Weiser_Cain
07-15-2004, 1:57 AM
There's still a chance that the model format could be released. I've been pushing pretty hard for this at that forum. You're welcome to join in and or point me at anyone else I can nag to make this happen.
 Mav
07-15-2004, 4:25 AM
RedHawke, I know that Kotor 2 is using a different model format I meant that it gives us more time to make more models for Kotor 1
 Darth Gungis
07-15-2004, 10:07 AM
I dont really care about the tools, i just want the game!
I saw in a magazine a jedi taking a backwards somersault to evade a sith troopers attack, ig we could make animations like THAT in kotor1, i would even play KOTOR1 while The Sith Lords is released...:)
 Weiser_Cain
07-17-2004, 2:06 AM
You do know you're in a modding forum, right?
 TemporaryTomato
07-17-2004, 2:13 AM
I wasn't expecting it to be released, so I'm not that disappointed. :)

I hope it's easier to crack though...

:(

NOTE: I don't know *bleep* about cracking model formats:p
 Weiser_Cain
07-17-2004, 2:47 AM
I'd rather we not have to crack the format. Call me crazy but I like it when things go smooth and easy.
 TemporaryTomato
07-17-2004, 1:33 PM
Sure, me too.

A little hard to do it smoothly when they aren't releasing the model format though.
;)
 Weiser_Cain
07-18-2004, 12:49 AM
They haven't said they would never release them. That is why I'm putting as much pressure on them to do just that.
 Grifman
07-18-2004, 9:03 PM
Originally posted by Siv
were you really expecting some?

I wasn’t.

it's good we’ll still be able to use kotor tool with it.
see, there are some advantages with them using the same engine.

Why then is the news so "devastating" if you didn't expect any?

Grifman
 RedHawke
07-19-2004, 1:02 AM
Originally posted by Grifman
Why then is the news so "devastating" if you didn't expect any?

Grifman

Uh... Grifman... I suggest you re-read that one again, because It was actually the one who started the thread StormTrooper789 that mentioned the word "devastating" and not Siv, whom you were quoting.
 StormTrooper789
07-20-2004, 3:10 PM
Maybe it isn't so "devastating". I just felt like using that word.
 Weiser_Cain
07-20-2004, 7:46 PM
Superfluous! Jambalaya! Mambo Italiano!
Hey, it is fun to use words you feel like using...
Page: 1 of 1