Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

lighting

Page: 1 of 1
 epikon
07-12-2004, 4:38 PM
I was wondering, after texturing a light with a light texture how do i get it to have that glowing effect? I have the light source by the light but it dosnt seem to have that glowing effect. Thanks for helo
 zeimi
07-12-2004, 5:46 PM
To create the effect you mention you need to create a shader with your chosen textures and add a glow parameter to the blending stage with glow texture and possibly an optional flare effect.

A possible shader with the glow parameter highlighted could look like following:

textures/yourmap/yourlight
{
q3map_flare gfx/misc/flare
{
map $lightmap
}
{
map textures/yourmap/yourlight
blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
}
{
map textures/yourmap/yourlight_glow
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
glow
rgbGen identity
}
}
 shukrallah
07-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Heres what I did, if your using the textures in the flares directory:

Cover the whole brush with nodraw, then (keep in mind, that you will only be able to see the flare on one side, the side you put it on) then put the flare texture you want on the side you want. If you put it on two sides, it will look like there are 2 flares (and also, sometimes you can see certain flars through walls.. keep that in mind.
 *Dark
07-13-2004, 5:17 AM
for the glow texture that you combine it with, how should that be made? Should it be a .jpg or .tag? Also, does the colour of the parts that glow effect the colour of the glow?
 StormTrooper789
07-13-2004, 2:39 PM
I just use light entities and target_positions to do my lighting. Although I also use models. It is just easier to use entities!
 WadeV1589
07-14-2004, 2:00 PM
Except entities don't 'glow'....which is what this thread is about.
Page: 1 of 1