Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod help

Page: 1 of 1
 Doc Valentine
07-10-2004, 4:47 PM
There was a guy who had a site that had all the cool mods on it but when i click the link for the mod it goes nowhere. I have the mod utilities i just don't know how to use them. Can someone please tell me, if you are out there, how to do this?
 Redwing
07-10-2004, 6:22 PM
Wait, you have them but don't know how to use them? o_O
 Doc Valentine
07-10-2004, 7:16 PM
Yes, I do actually know how to use them it's just i dont know how to replace skins. Can you help me with that?
 Master Qui-Gon
05-10-2006, 2:08 PM
Yes, I do actually know how to use them it's just i dont know how to replace skins. Can you help me with that?

Here's some stuff from some old post/emails from Zanizibar, myself, or others.

The .baf files are the model files. They are basically compiled versions of the original .3do and .key files from the original Jedi Knight file format, in addition to the .mat texture files, all bundled into one. They also contain several flags we use for damage tags etc. We used the existing JK file formats because it saved us quite a bit of time. There was a little tweaking involved, but all in all, the JK stuff worked just fine. We just spent more time getting the lighting correct for TPM.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, if you REALLY want to start taking chances, if you copy a .baf to one of the player characters (like: sithjedi.baf renamed to obiwan.baf) and then move the copy into your TPM root directory, then it will boot up the game with that model as the playable character. WARNING: in most cases, all you can do is walk around. If you attack, or shoot, or do anything, or even GET shot, the game will probably crash, because most of the animations will be invalid. Just something for the TRULY hardcore-TPM fanatics.

Here are the names of the playable characters:
obiwan.baf
quigon.baf
queen.baf
panaka.baf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, and be sure to make backup copies of everything. Just delete/move the modified .baf file out of the TPM root directory to restore the original characters.

LordMaul/JM Qui - I can't release the models, but yes, I can create .3do and .key files, and also .mat files. We are basically using the same JK modeling system. Also, each model only uses 256 colors, but there's a specific palette assigned to each model (saves a LOTTA texture space), and the game itself is rendered in 16-bit.

The .b3d files are the compiled maps. They include all the AI information, enemy placements, textures, etc. etc.
-----------------------------------------------------------
3DStudio ".ASC
.3do, .key

3doconverter.zip - Converts 3DStudio ".ASC" format to Jedi Knight 3DO files.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Page: 1 of 1