Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Force push & pull graphic problem

Page: 1 of 1
 koniygn
07-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Hello,

I have a not-quite-serious problem:
when I use force push or force pull, there will be some kind of... concave or convex effect... (I don't know how to describe) near the character's hands. When the "sphere" appears, my computer gets serious lag -- the computer can only produce the sound of force push/pull, but the display is extremely slow; it only shows about 2 different images (or may be 2 fps) without that "sphere". I have the latest driver of my ATI9800 and the directX, and I am using Win XP, but I have never patched my JA. Anyone can help?

P.S.: two days ago I installed the 3D Studio Max 6 and it seems that is the problem, but I can use the 3DS max without any problem. Moreover, the lag effect remains unchanged even my 3DS max is uninstalled...

:confused:

THANKS!
 Threepsnud
07-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Have you tried uninstalling the 3D Studio Max? I am not quite sure what it is, but that might fix it.

I hope it's of help, please don't shout at me if it's wrong.
 Crow_Nest
07-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Try:

r_RenderToTextureFX 0

It turns off those bubble thingys.
 AJL
07-08-2004, 11:22 AM
I think I have that same or similar problem (but it ONLY appears
when there are "Invisible Imperials" nearby... If I try to push or
pull it feels like my computer will crash...) I quess it can't render
distortion effect of already distorted Imperial character in to
that push/pull effect...
 =X=Master HeX
07-08-2004, 12:09 PM
I get a slight chug with my 9700 unless I disable the bubbles. It appears to be a common prob with ati cards.
 TK-8252
07-08-2004, 3:22 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Try:

r_RenderToTextureFX 0

It turns off those bubble thingys.

Actually, it's cg_renderToTextureFX 0

Cg, not r.
 koniygn
07-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Actually, it's cg_renderToTextureFX 0

Cg, not r.

Is that be typed in the console? Shift + ~? Besides, I have uninstalled the 3D Stuudio Max 6, and that problem remaines changed... = =u
 TK-8252
07-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by koniygn
Is that be typed in the console? Shift + ~?

Yes.
Page: 1 of 1