Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Saber color

Page: 1 of 1
 Veldrin
07-07-2004, 3:57 PM
I am newbie and nead little help. Where I can find tutorial of creating custom lightsaber color? I like to create a White and Blasck saber. Help!
 Colma Adawin
07-07-2004, 4:49 PM
those mods have already been created

there at www.pcgamemods.com/6/)

Svosh has done 5 sabres with a black core which looks really good i might add

MattCole
 Veldrin
07-07-2004, 5:06 PM
I know. But I need Tutiorial. I am from Poland and all of the mod doesen't work in PL version.
 Colma Adawin
07-07-2004, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by Veldrin
I know. But I need Tutiorial. I am from Poland and all of the mod doesen't work in PL version.

okay fair enough, please accept my humble apoligy.

Mattcole
 Mav
07-07-2004, 7:29 PM
well I'm afraid that I don't know exactly how to make the black show up because usually the game views black as being transparent, the only way I made my black and white saber was just editing svцsh's blade colors so I don't know exactly how it works, I could try and figure it out though because you just gave me an idea for a new mod...lol, back to work for me I guess...lol
 svцsh
07-07-2004, 9:20 PM
here is a step by step of how i made my black saberblades the bottom post, and dl my blades and tear them apart if it helps

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130006&highlight=gray+saber)

here is a step by step of a white saber blade

1. Take original saber blade colour any one you please
2. Make a new layer, sold bucket fill black , turn off the layer
3. Make a new layer, take the airbrush tool soft brush 40 %opacity scale it to the same as the existing glow now ( personally there is to much glow on the sold white saber so I slimed mine down quite a bit) use ctrl + T to transform the layer hold alt + shift to constrain the transformation ( you could skip this step if you choose a smaller brush size but make sure it has soft edges. ;)
4. Make a new layer, lets make the core now turn off the glow layer so all you see is the original layer find a soft brush and make it a bit smaller the default core set the brush to 100 % opacity and click once
5. Turn all the layers back on to see a stunning white dot in a soft golw on a black background
6. Save the file as ex: white_saber.psd so you can make changes to your white saber any time you want. Right click the title bar or the file choose duplicate image
now with the duplicate save it as ex: w_Lsabreblue01.tga this one will replace all blue saber blades in the game to your white one when saving the file save it as 32 bit .tga and make sure alpha channels are on

Here are the names for the standard saber blades in the game in English don't know what they could be in Polish but i hope this works for you

w_Lsabreblue01.tga
w_Lsabregren01.tga
w_Lsabrepurp01.tga
w_Lsabreyelo01.tga
w_Lsabrered01.tga

:D I hope this helps

svцsh
 Veldrin
07-08-2004, 3:57 AM
Thanks.:D
 JedI_XtRmIsT
07-08-2004, 11:13 AM
hey mattcole, ssshhhhh don't tell anyone about those saber color templates i sent u i'm useing them for ......something

lol
Page: 1 of 1