Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

need help again :(

Page: 1 of 1
 bael1
07-06-2004, 5:47 PM
hi i now have succesfully opened some models in modview, but when i try and open the model that i actually wish to edit, i get this error message:-

R_LoadMDXM: #bones mismatch!

"models/players/yoda/model.glm" has 72 bones

"models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid" has 53 bones

this model probably need recompiling

does anyone know what this means?
if so please help, thnx
 CortoCG
07-07-2004, 4:05 AM
OMG, deja vu! Either someone is deleting my posts with the answers to this problems, or someone posted exactly the same thing not long ago.

Oh well, your problem is you're trying to open a Jedi Outcast model using the Jedi Academy _humanoid.gla (skeletal animations file).

Reinstall Jedi Outcast and use it's _humanoid.gla. Actually I don't think you need to fully reinstall it, just look on the assets right on the cd.
 bael1
07-07-2004, 7:31 AM
noooooo

i don't have jedi outcast.
the reason i am usin a JO skin is because it is compatible with JA.
i don't suppose there is anywhere i could download the jedi outcast _humanoid?

idk whether or not this is illegal, so don't shout at me if it is, just curious. would it be possible for one of you guys to get your JO _humanoid, just zip that folder into a zip file and send it me through MSN???

if no it isn't illegal, and yes you could do do it, would you please?
my msn is bael_2@msn.com

thnx
 CortoCG
07-07-2004, 7:55 AM
It is illegal to share that file.
 bael1
07-07-2004, 9:52 AM
nooooo

looks like i will have 2 do it the long way then :(
openin JA constantly 2 check on its progress :(
it's gunna take hours like this :(
can you download free trial of JO?
if i took the _Humanoid from a free trial would that still be illegal?
 CortoCG
07-07-2004, 1:42 PM
No it's not, but no need to tell everything you're doing anyway.
 bael1
07-08-2004, 7:56 AM
thanx for all you help CortoGC
i would still be opening JA over and over if it wasn't for your help.
thanx alot:)
 CortoCG
07-08-2004, 9:21 AM
You're welcome buddy, just make sure to post your work on the showcase so I can see ;).
 bael1
07-08-2004, 6:10 PM
will do, i've just started my first real project.
I did 2 others before, but they were just to accustom myself to reskinning. now i feel i have the knowledge, i am attempting a total reskin, but havin troubles already.

the model i chose to reskin was 'malak' from KOTOR, but what i want to skin him as is topless, so he need to be flesh, but i can't get the correct texture for skin :( i'm using photoshop elements, anyone got any ideas?
 CortoCG
07-08-2004, 7:00 PM
Nothing solid. Making a base skin texture shouldn't be sooo hard, the problem are the muscles and details. I'm not a very good 2d artist myself.
Page: 1 of 1