Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem with DedServer + XMOD 2.7

Page: 1 of 1
 Giddamon
07-05-2004, 7:35 PM
Ok, probably I'm retard or something but I can't install XMOD 2.7 :c3po:

1) I put all pertinent files in the folder ../GameData/XMOD maintaining subfolders structure

2) The bat file for the dedicated server is the following "jampDed.exe +set fs_game xmod +set g_maxgameclients 12 +exec server.cfg"

When I start the server it loads as a normal basejk server without loading XMOD (no "amstuff" and All Seeying Eye classify my server as "basejka")

What did I do wrong? :confused:
 Giddamon
07-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Ok this is getting weird...

Today I tried to install XMOD once again. I've extracted all files to the correct directory (../gamedata/xmod), I've added the +set fs_game xmod +exec server.cfg to the command line and I added "exec "xmod.cfg" to my server.cfg file (which is in the base directory).

I've started the mod from within the game...and it worked! I started it from console as a dedicated server...and it worked!

Fine, I thought, now I just have to upload it to my server. I have lunch and after 2 hours I'm ready to upload the mod to my server.

Ok, now XMOD isn't loading anymore AND I HAVEN'T CHANGED A SINGLE THING in the config files!! In the last 30 minutes I have already tried to start XMOD both from console and within the game and it is not working at all (same problem as in the first post).

I have tried to install Jedi Plus 2.1, Asteroids and JKA Reloaded and all of them are working perfectly when loaded both from console and within the game.

I seriously start to think XMOD is the uber suxxor and not only for the "honorz" stuff in it.

P.S. when XMOD was working I noticed that despite I configured blue lunge, RDFA and YDFA to use 0 force (ala Jedi Outcast) the game continued to require the standard 25 force for those moves.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
07-07-2004, 9:45 PM
BTW, g_maxGameClients is the number of people who can actually play in a game (not just spectate). You don't need\want that in the command line.

Make a shortcut to either jampDed.exe (if you are hosting a server for others to play on and want maximum performance) or jamp.exe (if you are hosting and playing on the same computer, not recommended except for Solo Game). In either case, right-click the shortcut, add

+set fs_game xmod +exec server.cfg +exec xmod.cfg

at the end after the quotation mark, save and close.

Use the shortcut to jampDed.exe to launch the dedicated server (you will see only a console) or the shortcut to jamp.exe to launch Jedi Academy multiplayer, then Play Solo Game or Create Server as usual.
 Giddamon
07-08-2004, 2:26 PM
Yea, that's what I did before and it allowed me to start XMOD a couple of times.

Anyway, I think to have found why sometimes the mod fails to load properly:after a couple of server restarts (I was testing several settings of the file xmod.cfg) somehow XMOD's jampgamex86.dll file is overwritten by the standard JKA jampgamex86.dll file.

I've recreated the problem several times and I always got the same result: I load XMOD --> it works --> I play for a while, then I restart the server 3 or 4 times, changing maps too --> XMOD can't start anymore (maps are loaded as "basejka"). When this happens I check the XMOD folder and the modified jampgamex86.dll of XMOD has been overwritten by the original one of JKA.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
07-08-2004, 9:21 PM
That is very odd, I have never seen or heard of that one before.

As a workaround, put a fresh copy of the xmod file in the xmod folder, right click on the file, and make it Read-Only (to keep it from being overwritten).

Please describe your problem to Hex here:
http://x.fragism.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=d5319372c36385e2436437ccda71c7c3)
 Giddamon
07-09-2004, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
That is very odd, I have never seen or heard of that one before.

As a workaround, put a fresh copy of the xmod file in the xmod folder, right click on the file, and make it Read-Only (to keep it from being overwritten).

D'oh..I didn't think about it! Thank you :D

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop Please describe your problem to Hex here:
http://x.fragism.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=d5319372c36385e2436437ccda71c7c3)

I will, thanks again for the help! ;)
Page: 1 of 1