Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Light or Dark?

Page: 1 of 1
 Seacucumbe17
07-04-2004, 8:57 PM
Do you like the light or dark side? I vote light.
:c3po:
 TK-8252
07-04-2004, 10:32 PM
How many times has this thread been done before...?
 El Sitherino
07-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
How many times has this thread been done before...? too many, but whatever.
*votes for dark*
 Crow_Nest
07-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Well on my first time. Dark
 jebbers
07-05-2004, 4:19 AM
:guard: :vadar: :smilsab :mauls: :maul5: :atpilot: :dsaber: :guard:

does this answer your question?
 Topsshot
07-05-2004, 7:11 AM
I'm neutral. I don't use the force that much. Speed and push, as well as absorb or lightning. Sometimes I'll use the Light powers for dark purposes, and vice-versa.
 Wanderer
07-05-2004, 9:34 AM
The Light is always the side what I prefer first time playing...

I also chose the dark side once...but it wasn't that exciting to me like most of the people say...

So the lightside is and was best (attitude thing also;) ):D
 Ice Dyn4stY™
07-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Light, but I don't use the force so much...only push, pull and jump =)
 PR-0927
07-05-2004, 1:18 PM
Hmm...maybe you should have made a poll?

I liked the Light Side, as you didn't have to get the crap beat out of you by Kyle, and Rosh...I'm too kind, if that happened in real life, I'd let him live.

Otherwise, I don't think that JA's Light and Dark Side things are even worthy, compared to KotOR!!

:fett:
 Topsshot
07-05-2004, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by Majin Revan
Hmm...maybe you should have made a poll?

I liked the Light Side, as you didn't have to get the crap beat out of you by Kyle, and Rosh...I'm too kind, if that happened in real life, I'd let him live.

Otherwise, I don't think that JA's Light and Dark Side things are even worthy, compared to KotOR!!

Forgive me for saying this, but KotOR doesn't seem worthy in comparison to Dark Forces 2, but that's just my opinion.
 PR-0927
07-05-2004, 1:39 PM
I've never played Dark Forces 2. So, I'm not sure. But, you have played KotOR, right? It has 113 awards, most awards that any game has ever received, and 35 of them are Game of the Year for "____."

I mean, in KotOR, you can freakin' destroy the Sith, or take control of them, smashing the Republic. You become the Sith Lord of the galaxy, with Bastila at your side (Dark Side)!!

Neverhoodian
07-05-2004, 2:31 PM
Y'know Revan, those spoiler tags might be a good idea. Not everyone has played KOTOR yet, I'm sure (though they should :D ).

Comparing KOTOR to the DF/JK series is like comparing apples to oranges. One's a fast-paced FPS that the player controls EVERY aspect of combat, from using button combos to perform complex saber moves to taking cover to avoid enemy fire. The other is an RPG that focuses more on a balance between plot, character building, and combat, with many quests and side-quests that aren't action oriented. Both series are superb in what they have to offer. If you want to just jump into some Star Wars action and wade through legions of enemies as a bad@ss Jedi, the JK games are the way to go. If you want to sit back and enjoy an excellent storyline, shoot the breeze with characters, and still have those opportunities to gut some Sith, KOTOR is the game to play.

As for choosing Light or Dark, it all depends what mood I'm in. I'm usually a laid-back type of guy who tries to help people, so I usually go for the Light side. However, sometimes I just get this evil streak that makes me want to do whatever I want in a game without having to worry about petty morals. Dark side endings tend to be very satisfying during those times.
 Topsshot
07-05-2004, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
Comparing KOTOR to the DF/JK series is like comparing apples to oranges. One's a fast-paced FPS that the player controls EVERY aspect of combat, from using button combos to perform complex saber moves to taking cover to avoid enemy fire. The other is an RPG that focuses more on a balance between plot, character building, and combat, with many quests and side-quests that aren't action oriented. Both series are superb in what they have to offer. If you want to just jump into some Star Wars action and wade through legions of enemies as a bad@ss Jedi, the JK games are the way to go. If you want to sit back and enjoy an excellent storyline, shoot the breeze with characters, and still have those opportunities to gut some Sith, KOTOR is the game to play.

In other words, it's really a matter of personal taste. I haven't even played KotOR, either because I haven't got the money to spend on new computer tech, or I haven't bought an XBox, but I can definitely see the reason why it's so popular. For now, though, I'm sticking with my PSOne and FFVIII.
 Threepsnud
07-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by TK-8252
How many times has this thread been done before...?

Erm... How many times have you said this before?

QUIT YE WHINING!
 Emperor Pangasa
07-21-2004, 3:23 AM
I mostly go light, I went dark so I could finally kill that whiner rosh.:emperor: :evil5:
Page: 1 of 1