Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Respawning Vehicles in Siege Maps

Page: 1 of 1
 lgwb0b
06-28-2004, 3:20 PM
I've been having a bit of trouble with vehicles in a siege map I'm making. I can get them to spawn the first time around when the map loads, but after they're destroyed, how do you make them respawn?

I noticed the following tags, what do these have to do with it?
npc_target spawn_tie1
targetname spawn_tie1

Also, this may sound like a stupid question, but how do you make a func_plat that acts normally but can be called to its maximum height by a switch, wait a set period, then go back to its base regardless of whether or not the player is on it? If anyone could point me in the direction of some Q3/JO/JA entity tutorials that would be great.
 zeimi
06-29-2004, 8:53 AM
The vehicle respawn question has been answered a couple of dozen times by now. Use the search option.

I haven't been able to make func_plat to behave in the way you described (in Jedi Academy) but you can get good results with func_door.
 Jedi_Vogel
06-29-2004, 8:56 AM
Yep, my platforms, after doing a test, will all be func_doors :D and in my current map, they all have "pistons" too.

If you search for func_plat AND func_door you should find the right thread(s). :)
 lgwb0b
06-29-2004, 4:29 PM
thanks very much. the search thing didn't give me anything useful when i tried it the first time (half the time it didn't work at all actually), but the func_door advice is good. i wish there was some kind of cog-type system for Q3...
 lassev
06-29-2004, 6:16 PM
I always use scripting for elevators. Nothing beats it. It lets you control any moving thing in whatever way you want to control it, plus any switches, elevator doors... you name it, at the same time...

Of course you can always invent ways to do it with the entities some other way, but I tell you, once you get the hang of scripting, it always seems to offer the first answer.
 Jedi_Vogel
06-30-2004, 3:23 AM
I've decided to try and learn Shader Editing first (only the shader manual is a bit complicated and in its own words "isn't meant to be a tutorial") so I'm going to try n locate a tutorial on that. Then I'll go back to learning scripting.

For now I get by with func_doors and trigger entities and if it works, then it's a bonus :D
Page: 1 of 1