Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem in utc editing, inventory

Page: 1 of 1
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-26-2004, 6:26 AM
When I open KotoR Tool and go to the Blueprint, Character and open a file with the utc editor, there is of course the inventory editing option. Let's say I give the n_jedicounf two lightsabers. In the game she still has only one. Is this due to renaming the utc file afer saving. However, if I give a selkath who by default has no weapons a vibrosword, he has it. Can someone help me figureout this inventory problem. And I repeat, the inventory changes have no effect, why?
 Darth Khasei
06-26-2004, 6:46 AM
I know it is a little strange. Never fear. Try arming her with a short lightsaber in the off hand;)

If you want two long lightsabers, use one of the Dark Jedi in the Starforge level that already has them as the template.
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-26-2004, 6:56 AM
Oh, thanks
What about the robes?
 Jackel
06-26-2004, 7:06 AM
Originally posted by PrtyLizardJedi
Let's say I give the n_jedicounf two lightsabers. In the game she still has only one. Is this due to renaming the utc file afer saving.

Well if the area your in calls for n_jedicounf and you have renamed yours n_jedicounf2 or something then it wont use your new utc unless you have changed the area to call for that character

If you mean your making her appear yourself by writing your own code and stuff then renaming wont be a problem

To make your character look like what you want you can chnage the BASIC tab int he UTC editor withen KT and look at where it says Appearance and scroll through those there to find the one you want

A shortcut for that is you can type in n_c and use the up and down arrows to find the one you want (same as in google with previous searches you have done you type in t and it brings down a list)
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-26-2004, 7:32 AM
I think you misunderstood.

I mean I give her in the inventory two lightsabers.
In the game she still has only one.
 Darth_ToMeR
06-26-2004, 7:48 AM
Are you using KT GFF editor? Maybe that's the problem. When I using it, it make error. Use the GFF editor of bioware. With that GFF editor i know how to change inventory.
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-26-2004, 7:51 AM
Does GFF editor edit UTC files?
 Darth_ToMeR
06-26-2004, 8:05 AM
Yes.
 PrtyLizardJedi
06-26-2004, 8:21 AM
Umm, I'll give it a shot
 JedI_XtRmIsT
06-26-2004, 3:40 PM
i'm no expert but if you add an item like a saber too the inventory of a character that already has a weapon then it won't show BUT if youadd it to the equiplist then they will have it equiped

but as i said i'm no expert on this just sounds logical
Page: 1 of 1