Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need help with the assimilate program

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthHaw
06-25-2004, 3:49 PM
i have made a GREAT model, everyone that i show the snapshot of the model say its great, but i export for xsi, and try to assimilate the model, but it say that stupidtriangle_off has no weights, anyone knows what the problem?
oh, i followed the tutorial and try to envelope the bones, but it crushes my 3d studio, i really dont know what to do.. anyone can please help me??

Thanks so much.
Raul (DarthHaw)
 LightNinja
06-25-2004, 5:02 PM
well you have to weight all the mesh to the bones and to work a bit less download the JK3:JA skelleton with tags weighted at http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/)
And follow all the tutorials, trusth me, i had no idea of getting a model in game and it was bcuz i wasnt following the steps.
To weight follow the skin modifier tutorial
 DarthHaw
06-26-2004, 4:20 AM
I have already followed the tutorial, the problem is, the 3d studio crashes when i try to export for xsi, i dont know what to do... can someone please help me... the entire file is working like it should but i cant export with aplied envelope to the bones...
and without it the assimilate crashes
Thanks for trying man... but it wasnt my problem.

DarthHaw
 Psyk0Sith
06-26-2004, 11:12 AM
1.Which version of max are you using?

2.I could try and export it for you if you send your .max scene to: psykopat.geo@yahoo.com
 DarthHaw
06-26-2004, 3:16 PM
Man thanks a lot, i will accept your offer, couse this stupidtriangle_off still has no weights. I found i new plugin xsi exporter for 3d studio max 6 btw, ITS GREAT, but i think im missing something couse my stupid triangle has no weights.
I will send u my model, and if you can try and teach me what am i doing wrong i will be pretty happy.

Since now very thankfull

DarthHaw
 Psyk0Sith
06-26-2004, 8:50 PM
Ah damnit, i use max 5 and i cant open your scene.

Make sure you weighted the tags to the skeleton.
 DarthHaw
06-27-2004, 5:35 AM
And how do i do that, i have to keep that skelleton on your page on my model?? And what do i have to do with the stupidtriangle any way??? it always say... DONT HAVE WEIGHT...

Im getting mad... lol

Thanks for the help man, u r a GREAT dude.

DarthHaw
 Psyk0Sith
06-27-2004, 1:03 PM
Have you read the tutorials? i explain each step and which order they need to be done.

Read the SKIN MODIFIER tutorial, and you can use the JA skeleton on my webpage.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/)

I'll check the XSI file you sent, bu i doubt the weighting will remain intact (if you have done any!).
 DarthHaw
06-27-2004, 1:58 PM
As I have said before u r a great dude... thanks for looking it. if u can take a look on the 3ds file, it retain everything, so if u can take a look in this file ok?

VERY VERY VERY THANKFULL

DarthHaw
 Psyk0Sith
06-27-2004, 5:46 PM
Ok so i managed to import the .XSI with an updated version of the plugin but something's wrong, there are no bones (except some eff helpers) which means it's useless.

and you didnt send the .3ds, it's another .max file :confused:
 DarthHaw
06-28-2004, 3:12 PM
OK.. i did everything now.. the meshes are all weighted and......

ERROR... VIRTUAL MAMORY TOO LOW... CARCASS CANT WRITE ON 0x0something.... DAMN IT... this isnt normal right??? carcass uses just 14 mb of RAM memory, i have 200 MB of free RAM memory, WHAT IS THE FREAKING PROBLEM with this weirdo program anyway.... LOL... is there any program that works????????
the entire project is working the 3d studio max 6 is working perfecly, and the carcass didnt report any problem of weighting... can some one with experience just copile the new xsi file to the GLM??? if someone do that i can actualy use this model:D :D :D

Hey Psych0 you helped me a lot with this project, if i can do anything for u, please ask... i will be glad to respond imidiatly like u did... and of couse... THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT HELPED ME.

DarthHaw
Pc config: AMD Duron 1.4, motherboard asus a7n-266, 512 Mb ram DDR 266, HD Maxtor 20,2 Gbyte

Sorry about my spelling disease, im a brazilian and just use english to talk on this forum, and in my clan forum so... need more practice... Bye...
 Psyk0Sith
06-28-2004, 7:27 PM
Geez and i thought i saw it all with this damn carcass, i dont recall anyone having this error.

Might not be the problem, but how big is your swap file? I can try to compile it if you want, just drop it in my box.

Your english if fine :p
 DarthHaw
07-09-2004, 5:08 PM
Every thing worked like u said... but after create a model.glm it shows only kyle... everything is ready and i see KYLE!! why?
please i need help again
Page: 1 of 1