Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making new armor

Page: 1 of 1
 override367
06-24-2004, 9:42 PM
How do you make a piece of armor completely custom?

I know how to make new items by copying an existing UTI file and editing it.

I know how to reskin new armor by giving it a higher texture number in the gff editor and renaming my custom textures accordingly.

What I am trying to do is figure out how to take a model that isn't currently used for a piece of armor and make it a seperate armor.

example: take Bastila's clothing model, make a new texture for it, then make a piece of armor that uses that model and texture without overwriting any other piece of armor

any help would be appreciated
:D
 override367
06-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Oh come on I know you can do this, Seph did with his new (june 28) piece of armor
 Achilles
06-24-2004, 10:59 PM
1) Create a custom skin with a unique variable number.
2) Create a custom uti with the skin assigned in TextureVar
3) Copy and paste into your override folder
4) Play the game.

Perhaps reverse engineering another mod that does what you're trying to do will help.
 Seprithro
06-25-2004, 10:19 PM
thats not exactly true that model was already used as an amor model i just edited it. but from what i understand of your post, you want to make a "bastilla" armor that doesnt replace any other armor right? i am actually working on the exact same thing, you want to do, i just havent had a chance to get into it yet, when i get started with it, if i have any luck, i'll let you know how i did it. in theroy you could just use that model as the armor base and go from there. i'll look into it
 override367
06-26-2004, 1:12 AM

btw, which armor model you using for your new one??
 Seprithro
06-26-2004, 1:38 AM
J. Kul's power suite
 JedI_XtRmIsT
06-26-2004, 5:09 PM
ok what if i want to make a armor that works with male and female characters, BUT the armor has 2 different appearnces one male and one female?? how would i go about makin it see both textures?
 override367
06-26-2004, 8:55 PM
the armors all have 2 models each, one male one female, difference in names is an F or an M in the name

same with the textures
 svцsh
06-27-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by override367
the armors all have 2 models each, one male one female, difference in names is an F or an M in the name

same with the textures

Actually no M and F are not for the Armour models

They are S ( small ) M ( medium ) and L ( large ) depending on the A_class of the Armour

If you see S and M then S = female or ( small) and M = male or ( medium ) for that model

But for the higher A_class’s 8 and 9 they use M = female ( medium ) and L = male ( large )

To find your model use the name of the default .tga you are working with and remove the numbers from it.

Ex: pmbh06.tga is the default texture for colja’s Armour so the model is pmbhl.mdl
the L at the end tells you it’s male or ( large ) ;)

Oh and you will find little old bastils’s model, in the model folder not in the party member’s model folder for some strange reason :rolleyes: ….. I think the 02 version is for her model is for cutscenes.

If you don’t see it in the bifs then go to options and turn on build model folder in kt

Hope this helps :D
svцsh
Page: 1 of 1