Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do i add a cape......

Page: 1 of 1
 WoLFF
06-20-2004, 7:01 PM
to my character im skinning? im currently using a reborn-new model, and im looking to put a cape on him somehow, possibly the darth vader or mario bros. cape.....
 WoLFF
06-20-2004, 7:46 PM
plz can someone help? ive tryed just placin the jpg.s in my copied new-reborn folder, but nothing seems to happen........
 shukrallah
06-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Sorry pal,

Skinning is just 'recoloring' a GLM file (the .GLM is the model) think of a GLM as a shape, lets says its a square. The .skin file points to its textures (the .JPGs/TGAs) and lets say they are blue. You can skin it to make it look green if you want, but you cant make the square into a circle. You cant add on to the square. You can take away.. but not add. If you have some modeling software like 3D Max (or something) you can edit the GLM and add a cape to the reborn, but thats a lot harder than skinning. :-/
 WoLFF
06-21-2004, 1:03 AM
ok i have another issue, im sure its skinning this time too, basically the new-reborn has no seperate red-w/e files, since the default and red multiplayer skins match. Now ive finished my skinning for my default player, he happens to be a new-reborn so the default and red skins match.... now his new default color is actually a mix of blue and yellow, which is far from the color red, so im tryin to get a multiplayer red skin so it matches the teams color. I cant seem to get this working though, i copied and pasted origional new-reborn default skins and put them in my folders as red_w/e, and even gone in the model_red wordpad thing to change all the defaults, for example my older model_red wordpad had torse.tpg, i then changed that (and the rest that were supposed to be changed) into torso_red, arm_red, etc.....

ive tried viewing my red skin on the ModView however the red skin still seems to be my default skin, im confused as to why it isnt responding properly, my blue skins work fine, but the red skin ive copied and pasted seems not to be working, any solutions? thx......
 shukrallah
07-10-2004, 9:19 AM
just edit the red .skin file so it says where the 'red parts' are located, and the icon would be something like icon_red (its been a long time since Ive done MP skins, I stick to single player)
Page: 1 of 1