Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

crusher thing...

Page: 1 of 1
 Ockniel
06-19-2004, 7:54 AM
you know those big crusher things in ns hideout from jk2? how did they make it so that the big crushers in those goes down faster than it goes up? anyone understand that?
 GothiX
06-19-2004, 8:03 AM
Yeah, you script them. It's pretty basic scripting, should be easy. :)
 Ockniel
06-19-2004, 8:45 AM
ok, I can't script..uh....at all, so do you think you could make me one if its not to much trouble?
 lassev
06-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Grab any scripted elevator tutorial, or if you don't find such, search these forums for such. There are so long threads about the subject that they are actually better than tutorials (except for the layout). The principle is pretty much the same, although you must loop the movement, and not make it to be triggered by some switch (unless you want to).

This is so simple thing that nobody should be forced to ask somebody else to do it.

And of course you have the original Raven scripts also at your disposal.
 Shadow_stone
06-19-2004, 12:42 PM
u can also use doors instead of elevators and set the lip value as how far u want it to go (and all make it a crusher as well as increase that dmg to something like 999)
 lassev
06-19-2004, 2:35 PM
Shadow_stone is absolutely right except for the fact that you cannot use doors...
 Shadow_stone
06-19-2004, 5:53 PM
well...func door... and why couldn't u use it?
 lassev
06-19-2004, 7:08 PM
Scripted movement is basically the only way to make it so that the entity comes down fast, then rises more slowly, as Ockniel wanted it to behave. Without this speed manipulation, you could of course use a variety of entities, like doors.
 Ockniel
06-20-2004, 3:52 AM
sorry guys, but when it comes to scripting im a total noob, I dont even know what I would be searching for or how to use it. could anyone help me through it via msn?
 Shadow_stone
06-20-2004, 5:48 PM
Originally posted by lassev
Scripted movement is basically the only way to make it so that the entity comes down fast, then rises more slowly, as Ockniel wanted it to behave. Without this speed manipulation, you could of course use a variety of entities, like doors.

ah didn't read it had to 2 different speeds :/
 stuna213
06-23-2004, 4:06 PM
search for icarus, behaved, scripting, and check out the post titled "a rolling stone?" hope it helps
Page: 1 of 1