Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ten-Hut Slackers and Forum goers

Page: 1 of 1
 davrosthedalek
06-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Ok people 8 needs our help. And if we want to have this wonderful man in our lives and pumping out matierial then we need to help him. Things may not be so good now but what we will have to do is start making things better for him got it? ok good. Now onto me and Slinks plan. We want to get 8 a new computer and not just an assembled one. But we need the fans of Nightlights help, in other words we need money. If everyone chips in we should be able to get 8 a brand new tower and back on the track to putting things back together. Got me people? Show some support or i may have to unleash the badgers....
 Holdios
06-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Just out of curiosity, why is an assembled computer so absoulutely out of the question? If the parts are good (which they would be) and it's assembled by someone who knows what they are doing, it would be a very decent machine. Why isn't that an option? I'm not trying to be cheap but it seems rather silly to just dismiss that idea for no good reason...

That being said, I want Nightlight up and running as much as the next guy, but really have no serious cash to contribute. If we assembled the necessary parts, (and Arthur and I seem to have quite a few good ones laying around) we could have a real decent machine for 8. it would be a little older, and not have some of the bells and whistles of newer computers, but it wouldn't cost nearly as much money and would probably be a more successful operation than trying to get everyone to chip in cash.

sorry for ranting, but that's just how I feel about the subject. I say we assemble our own.
 Sallim
06-18-2004, 9:44 AM
I think an assembled computer is a good one., mean not less quality in there.

And I dont have any money.. Because I have more then I need, I give it away, its easy =)

In and hour or like that Iam going to mail the pc stuff to 8 of 12, he agreed. He said I dont have to worry about the remaining elements, so I think he takes its in his own hands.

Sorry for cross your ideas...
Sorry if I told something that I shouldt.

Anyway I think 8 of 12 appreciate yours and our help.

Arthur ;)
 davrosthedalek
06-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Well I'm looking at it this way we have been TRYING to assemble one for a while now from what I've seen on the forums it ain't working. No offense to any ideas on that part and you can get a brand new computer for under $200 around here so its not like its all that expensive (or maybe thats just me I don't know). If the assembling idea was working I didn't know but from what i was hearing from Slink it wasn't going so hot.
 Sallim
06-18-2004, 1:02 PM
I got a direct link to 8 of 12..so its going well..so far.

And You know how much its cost to send it ovber mail..a whole tower/case ? With all the stuff in there? I have to pay over 60 bucks when the package is heavier ( sorry.. english..^^ ) then 2 kilogram! just 2 ! 25 Euro / US dollar ( almost the same ) if its under. Of coruse Air mail, shipping costs much less, but takes unknown weeeeeeeeeeeeks.

The money tranfser thing wasnt that bad though.

Arthur
 Holdios
06-18-2004, 7:26 PM
what parts do you not have Arthur? Cause I have some I may be able to send if you're short on anything....
 Sallim
06-19-2004, 7:56 AM
What I mail 8 of 12
is the CPU, the cooler for it, and the mainboard..

thats all.. so far that I know 8 of 12 get the other things from somewhere esle..ask him =)

Thanks Holidos for being nice and very helpful!
 MJ
06-19-2004, 8:04 AM
Hey there, guys. Let's see if I can pull myself together enough to post something that makes sense.

I really really miss Bec. :(:(:(

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Ummm... I have a CD burner, a DVD-rom drive, a usable sound card, and two harddrives, all from my previous computer that went out in a rather impressive blaze of glory.

I've got a friend who is willing to part with a case, and my brother in law has a power supply he can give me.

I should be okay for RAM, if my old stuff still works as well.

Don't have a video card or a modem.

Don't have Bec.

Sorry, I'm still a bit of a basket case.
 Holdios
06-19-2004, 1:15 PM
Bingo. I've got a video card I can send.

It's a GeForce MX 440. As far as video cards go, it's terrible for PC gaming, which is why I replaced it with the one I use now. But it comes standard in the majority of American computers (maybe other countries too, I dunno) and it works just fine (and quite well) for everything but gaming.

Matt or Arthur: email me an address to send it to, and I'll get to it right away. I can scratch up some cash for shipping.

Holdios88@yahoo.com

By the way, I'm pretty unfamiliar with mailing to other countries. heh. If there's any differences or things I wouldn't know about, that you're aware of, please include that as well.

Glad to help. Let's pray we can get Nightlight up and running in the not too distant future.

P.S. I don't have an install disc or anything, so you'll have to wait till you get a modem to download the drivers for it to work completely properly. It can work without them, but display is a bit odd, so I'll see what I can do about a modem. Are you looking for anything in particular?
 Sallim
06-19-2004, 5:18 PM
Great.. I could you giove the information, but he have to agree first. I think its not a problem.

Grat man.
Iam unfamiliar with mailing to other countries, too. But its expensive to send thing to australia.

Great job Holidos!
 Sallim
06-20-2004, 11:37 AM
I forgot to say, that I burned the some new detonator drivers for all G-Force crads, so dont bother with downloading drivers for the card ;)
 Holdios
06-22-2004, 2:14 AM
Just got a new email Sal, so send any info to:

Holdios@gmail.com

And I honestly don't mind here, but for accuracy's sake, when you're typing in the address, it's actually holDIos, not holID os.

Heh, just to make sure the email goes through.
 Sallim
06-22-2004, 7:25 AM
Iam very Sorry Holdios! It was just a nice flow in Holidos ...

Sorry again..sure I send you infos ;)
Page: 1 of 1