Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Grim Fandango the play

Page: 1 of 1
 pirate boy
06-16-2004, 4:41 PM
For two weeks now I have been working with the original story, making it possible to be done on a stage. It has been quite exhilarating and I have spent long hours going back and changing snippets here and there to make it flow perfectly together. I think the reason why I chose to adapt Grim Fandango is because it has such a beautiful storyline. I also went and watched "Casablanca" which is one of the influences for the game.
My drama instructor was looking for a unique play to do for next year. So I told him the brief outline of Grim Fandango and how everyone's dead and how it pays heritage to Mexican folklore. He was really intrigued. So for the past week and a half I have been bombarding the man with constant sketches, costume ideas, and overall thoughts about the play. (though whether or not he'll choose to do it is still uncertain)Because of my colleagues interest in what I do, they constantly ask about what my current project is. So far everyone I've told about Grim has shown great excitement towards doing it. I plan though on getting the approval from LucasArts before using the play. Though even if my instructor says we won't do it, there are dozens of other locations who would probably jump on such a magnificent story.

Hopefully I will have more to say later...

Cheers!:)
 munster
06-16-2004, 5:20 PM
I think its a really good idea you've got yourself there! :D

if you get that aprooval from LucasArts could you then send me a copy....or post it on forum? id like too see a REAL letter from LUCAS ARTS themselvs
 James Isaac
06-17-2004, 2:20 AM
:D I tried that a long time ago, but we weren't able to perform it due to lack of knowledge of Grim Fandango by the instructor :( . But i have filmed scenes from with a few friends for fun. :p

And, if you post it on the forums, don't ask LucasArts because they won't say yes ;)
 pirate boy
06-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Oh bummer you should have had them do as part of their homework go out, and play it. lol such a great game
 munster
06-18-2004, 6:47 AM
:mad:
 pirate boy
06-18-2004, 6:14 PM
what are you frowning at?:confused:
Page: 1 of 1