Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ok... Here's an interesting Poll

Page: 1 of 1
 Compa_Mighty
08-01-2001, 4:27 PM
This is about posting 3 civs you'd like to see in an expansion.

Rules:
1. You can post any civs you want
2. Only post the civs and why you'd like to see them
3. NO arguements about other people's posts allowed (This is just to know which are more popular, not to see if they fit or they don't. That might be my next thread, once this one is finished.)

Please post just once. We're trying to get accurate numbers here.
 Compa_Mighty
08-01-2001, 4:31 PM
Ok, here are mine:

-Yuuzhan Vong: They are a powerful race, lots of units, good history, visually cool.

-Mon Calamari: Great history ,techs and looks

-The Bothans: They'd have the best stealth units, good look
 Boba Rhett
08-01-2001, 4:47 PM
Ewoks - the're sooooo cute!!
 Com Raven
08-01-2001, 4:50 PM
Well, these would be mine :

- Trandoshans !! Those would be nice against wookies, plus there are already much more "good" civs

:mad:

- Mon Cal !! Cool looking guys with some great technology !!

- Ewoks !! Just because they are funny, and they'd be the best civ to drive you all mad !! ( I know that they are very hard, if not imposible to balance ;) !!)
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 4:52 PM
Only three! :( I would have liked a fourth to counter balance the era's :)
First let me state that I really want an Epi. 2 civi in it but probably can't name names since that would be spoiling it for people.

Episode2 civi: Can't say anything.

Vong: Much like the Zerg from SC, they are "organic", which will give a new feel to the units.

Bothans: The NR would have been my first choice but as people pointed out they are too much like the imps/rebels. Picked bothans (for now) to balance the New Jedi era. Like Compa said, they are stealthy which at the present time appears to be lacking as a civi trait (yeah I know jedi can do stealthy things too).
 FlyBOy
08-01-2001, 5:00 PM
Vong- cool, new organic technologies. would be fun to control

Mandalorians- (don't quite fit in the time frame of vong, but o well)They have great weapons. Could be a great counter to the jedi. The infantry guys have cool suits with lots of gizmos and gadgets.

Trandoshans- i've said this in past threads, but i think they would make a great counter to the wookies. besides, giant lizards runnig around with guns would be fun
 Darth_Rommel
08-01-2001, 5:04 PM
Mine are:

Vong: Cool organic race

Trandoshan: It would be kinda neat to control big lizards, and I'd like to see whats units Lucasarts can think up

Chiss: Would have best aircraft, sound awesome
 Dorsk8199
08-01-2001, 5:08 PM
Yuuzhan Vong - I like their biotech style. They are super powerful and force void. Main advantage: offense. Main disadvantage: expensive units.

Chiss - Intelligent powerful fighters. They would have a strong defense. Great for countering the Vong's powerful offense. Main advatage: defense. Main disadvantage: expensive units.

Noghri - Also very powerful warriors. They would be unmatched in close combat fighting. They would be stealthy and quick. Main advantage: cheap and semipowerful units. Main disadvantage: defense.
 Darth_Rommel
08-01-2001, 5:10 PM
Awesome stuff Dorsk!
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 5:17 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
Awesome stuff Dorsk!
Hey SHH! No commenting on peoples choices, Compa said not too ;)
 Compa_Mighty
08-01-2001, 5:22 PM
Again I didn't meant that!!! You know what I meant. No to say:

" Hey that civ wouldn't fit because... bla bla bla"
 Darth_Rommel
08-01-2001, 6:41 PM
I was just complimenting him on an awesome essay :(
 Compa_Mighty
08-01-2001, 6:44 PM
That's ok, Darth. I didn't meant that. Kvan was just trying to be funny. BTW, he couldn't achieve it. :D
 Com Raven
08-01-2001, 6:49 PM
Looking at SW Galaxies, Zabrak look cool !!
Plus they might play a role in Episode II ( if I just knew ...)
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 6:52 PM
Originally posted by Compa_Mighty
That's ok, Darth. I didn't meant that. Kvan was just trying to be funny. BTW, he couldn't achieve it. :D
I'm.....not, funny? :( *starts to weep*
Seriously though, I'm going to leave the thread alone. Compa wants a serious thread on who wants what civi's so I'm not going to ruin it.
 Compa_Mighty
08-01-2001, 6:57 PM
No Kvan, you don't have to leave the thread alone. I don't want it to be the serious you think. But come on, you know I did not mean that. I don't want the thread to get dull.
 Tie Guy
08-01-2001, 8:29 PM
Here's my too cents worth:

Chiss- cool blue lasers with good mechs and air, but lacking in the troops and naval areas.

Vong- Very powerful troops, but weak air and really weak naval, but also have good mechs.

Mon cals- Good defenders with best naval and and good air. Decent troops but lacking in the mech department.

Ewoks- Barely under average on every category but have really cheap units.

Black sun\smugglers- Decent troops with good mechs, decent air, but a not very effective navy.

Yevathans (sp?)- All around average with no real weakness or advantage.

That's all i can think of right now.
Page: 1 of 1