Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What civilization are you going to choose and why?

Page: 4 of 4
 ReaperFett
10-20-2001, 3:25 PM
Firstoff, I discount the Sith races. I prefer Jedi.

-TF
-EMPRIE

Then, I wanted a quite technilogical race

-GUNGAN
-WOOKIEES

At this point, I was stuck. Then I thought, which goes for what I like, Jedi and Fighters?

-REBELLION

Go Naboo!

Also, because of numbers. Look at any race poll. EMpire is miles ahead, with the Rebellion and TF fighting for 2nd. Wookiees are alone in the middle, and the Gungans next. Naboo are bottom.

This means, Im unique. I WILL control the skies, I WILL have the best Jedi. In the Naboo key areas, I am best also.

After Naboo, it would be Rebellion
 Clefo
10-20-2001, 5:29 PM
Hey, a few months ago I was the only Naboo guy! Now there's more of us! You cannot stop us! BWAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAhA!
 ReaperFett
10-20-2001, 6:47 PM
more of us being................me? :)
 Clefo
10-20-2001, 7:30 PM
You hit it right on the dot. There's about 2 or 3 sworn Naboo players here.

Why I like the Naboo:

1. Very good with my favorite type of unit: Air
2. Good Jedi
3. Their Unique unit cannot be converted
 ReaperFett
10-20-2001, 8:12 PM
I wish a taunt was Ride of the Valkyres. As all the air units fly in formation, wiping bases out, mopped up by the Jedi and Royal GUard.

*sniff* it will be a sight
 Knights_Q2
10-24-2001, 10:33 PM
I've changed my mind alot, but right now, I'm thinking wookiees. They don't have god jedi, which is disapointing, but they do have berserks, the games best troop center units, and air units, which I like alot. I may like the naboo and rebels too(good air and jedi)

The gungans seem ok, but I find them to late game oriented and I don't like the idea of my air units being pterodactyls. The empire is cool(at-at) but I prefer air over mechs, so no. I like the federation better than emps probably, but again, air over mechs(they got bad jedi too)
 P-59
10-26-2001, 6:40 PM
Well, I have my heart set on...

Empire, Gungans, Trade Federation...

Empire: Just plain cool. The walkers and troopers and TIEs are cool. I also like how so much is known about them, as they are very prominent in the movies. AT-AT's All the way!

Gungans: Stupid looking Bounty Hunter, but a lot of cool stuff. First of all, I am interested in how they replace all of the metal machines of the other races into animals for the Gungans. I also think that the Sheilded Faamba will kick butt. Underwater shelters are nice, but Kaadus are used twice. (Strike Mechs and Mounted Troopers) I think they need more variety. Anyone know if Falumpasets are in it?

Trade Federation: Another extremely cool race. I can't get over the coolness of the Droidekas. (As you can probably determine from my name). Their Units look so cool. I am, however, disappointed that their worker units are not those little silver dudes you see in the movie. (Not TC-14, the little short silver droids). No shelters is nice, too.

Wookies: Wookies aren't really too cool for me, as I can't really recognize many of them. I do, however, like how big the troopers are.

Rebels: I hold a grudge against Rebels for beating the Imperials in the movie. However, their aircraft should be pretty cool. (I hope B-wing is a toybox unit)

Naboo: Cool speeders and Really cool aircraft, but not really interesting besides that. (Sheilded animals? Puleeze.)

A few ending notes: All of the races appeal to me. This game will kick butt. Unfortunately, there is some misinterpretation here. People talk about how AT-AT's have the best armor and how Naboo has the best air... That is not so good. AT-AT's have the same amount of health, armor, range, dura-armor, attack, and capacity as the Heavy Assault Mech of each race. Imperials are only good at mechs because they have many different techs for them, have an AT-AT specific tech for them, as well as their mechs are 5% less cost. Naboo doesn't really have better aircraft, they just have a high percentage of the available upgrades. The only other way of making some races more powerful that I see is by their unique units.
 ReaperFett
10-27-2001, 9:51 AM
I think Falumpasets are food. Killed one in the demo, some name like that
 DarkTemplar
11-18-2001, 3:19 PM
Hey Everyone, The Naboo don't have their own campaign by themselves. But the Naboo has like 2 or 3 missions in the Gungans campaign. The Wookies have 2 campaigns, the Learning campaign and Wookie campaign. I like the Trade Federation and the Empire better.
Page: 4 of 4