Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why can't I join my own server?

Page: 1 of 1
 seniorfrito
06-13-2004, 7:41 PM
Ok, I set up my server, fine. It displays on the internet. But I try and join it, and it won't work. It sits there saying awaiting game state or whatever forever. My server IP port is a negative. Which I don't think is right. Does it have to do with the port number? If so how do I change my server IP? Please help me out. I'm steps away from achieving my goal. Please help!
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-17-2004, 2:23 AM
Your client needs to use a different port. The server is using the default port (29070) so your client needs to use a different one. Make a shortcut to jamp.exe, then edit the target in properties to add

+set net_port 29071

to the command line after the closing quotation mark.

This is what I use for the target:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe" +set net_port 29073 +set com_HunkMegs 128
 seniorfrito
06-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Thank you. I will try that. I am actually at the moment running my server off one of my other computers, and I seem to be able to join the server. The port number is still really wierd, but I can live with it. What I can't live with is, I can't use any of the JA+ mod functions. I have JA+Mod v.2.0 and it doesn't work. If anyone has any advice on how I could do that, that would be great.
 seniorfrito
06-19-2004, 12:07 AM
I don't know what I did, but I got it to work. I wasn't what you told me. All that you told me to do helped me to get my configuation settings to stay the same. Which was good. Everytime I joined JA I had to reset my controls and whatnot. Well I know that I can join and use all my powers as admin, but I don't know if anyone else can join yet. It was late at night when I got it working so no one was really on. I'll have to try again later to see if it works. Thanks though for getting my settings to work right though.
Page: 1 of 1