Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LVL 40 Mod Update

Page: 2 of 2
 Father Mike
07-20-2004, 11:35 PM
Ditto. I've got a 12 scoundrel/8 consul who can't go any further

Hope you can get this fixed.

-mike
 nacho35
07-21-2004, 12:25 AM
I have tried everything and mod still won't work. I started a new game with no cheats. The only mods I have are a couple of lightsaber mods and this one.
 Jackel
07-21-2004, 2:37 AM
Obvious question : Did you unzip the file and place the 2da files in to your override fodler ?
 Colma Adawin
07-21-2004, 3:38 AM
Originally posted by Jackel
Obvious question : Did you unzip the file and place the 2da files in to your override fodler ?

i did this but it still didn't work FOR ME, but im not fussed becoz i use KSE (KotOR Savegame Editor) to make me soldier 25 / Consulor 75 :p

MattCole
 Darth333
07-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Unfortunately, I believe that the level 20 cap cannot be broken by simply editing .2da files. There have been other attempts in the past and they all failed. Some modders tried editing many .2da files and it didn't worked. Check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126574)
 nacho35
07-26-2004, 1:01 AM
Has anybody verified if this mod is fully functional? I understand you can't cheat to add exp, but what if you only used KSE to add some feats...would that mess up the mod?
 Father Mike
07-26-2004, 3:06 AM
The mod has two functions, one of which works. The edits to the EXPTABLE.2DA which cause you to gain levels twice as fast works just fine.

The part which everyone seems interested in - getting past the L20 cap - does not seem to work. As reported in previously mentioned threads, the button to level up past 20 does not appear when you have enough exp to reach L21. If you accumulate enough exp for L21 and you are below L19 and choose "Auto Level", the game hangs.

There SEEMS to be something in the game's executable that doesn't like char levels past 20. Or there's a 2DA file that no one has found.

Or someone got this mod to work and hasn't bothered to tell anyone else...

-mike
 Colma Adawin
07-26-2004, 3:44 AM
Originally posted by Father Mike
There SEEMS to be something in the game's executable that doesn't like char levels past 20.

Well you say that, but i use KSE to have my level at like Soldier 25 / Consolur 75 i dont go above the total 100 becoz thats just over-kill :p hehehe

ever since this mod came out i tried using KSE with the LvL and i've never had a problem with it. so it doesnt care to display the lvl, it just wont lvl higher than the cap, 20 :p

MattCole

PS if you've Misread this, no i havent got the mod to work either
 cws123
08-01-2004, 6:13 PM
I can't get the lvl 40 mod to work. I extracted the files into the override directory, restarted my game, and got back up to level 20; but can't seem to go any higher. What am I missing?
 jedi_5002
08-02-2004, 6:06 AM
^^^Reading the rest of the thread. :p. I don't think anyone has gotten it to work. I could be wrong and if I am (to the person who got it to work) please post how.

The mod has two functions, one of which works. The edits to the EXPTABLE.2DA which cause you to gain levels twice as fast works just fine.

I changed it, so it takes twice as long to level up. No real reason, I just felt like it.

:fett:
 DARK JEDI #672
08-02-2004, 7:14 AM
hey malak369 have u ever thought about a mod that gives u a massive amount of points to spend on feats on powers?
id like to see that but as for youre lv40 mod i gotta start a new game to see if it works for me:o
im curious though is it possible to use this mod on the xbox as all the mods i got i use on my xbox like youre jedi mod that one worked well:)
 seawolfe
08-06-2004, 11:25 AM
well. I've tried it twice and I have to concure with everyone saying you can't get past the cap without editing your save file.

The game just doesn't let you level up past 20 using the GUI.
 jedi_5002
08-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by DARK JEDI #672
hey malak369 have u ever thought about a mod that gives u a massive amount of points to spend on feats on powers?
id like to see that but as for youre lv40 mod i gotta start a new game to see if it works for me:o
im curious though is it possible to use this mod on the xbox as all the mods i got i use on my xbox like youre jedi mod that one worked well:)

I made my own mod to do that (lots of points for feats/powers) I use it with the 'twice as hard to level up' mod I made. They both took a grand total of 5 minutes. It has LOTS of powers/feats (mostly powers, because I am also using the All-Force-Power mod 2.0). PM me what you specifically want, and I'll whip something out and send it to you. If you want me to. You could also do it yourself and start down the road of modding.

:fett:
 Malak369
08-31-2004, 5:19 PM
Ok you guys. after a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time away from here, im back. Ihave realized some things
1. the mod only seems to work for me
2. pcgamemods is being spammed by a guy named raven
3. I have been insulted to no end about "this mod doesnt work" and "you suck at modding" and "ur a fraud", and so i am pissed...:swear: :saberr:
4. i have given up on this mod, and probably will never make another kotor mod again.
I mean come on people, isnt this game getting OLD? It has to me and so I quit.
I may come back some day and play/mod this game in the future, but not now.
 stingerhs
08-31-2004, 7:09 PM
dude, just because a couple of [explitive] people were upset that your mod didn't work for them doesn't mean you have to quit. i have a pretty strong feeling that this wasn't your fault. with any mod, if you get it to work for you, it usually means that it works overall. in your case however, something may have gone wrong somewhere, or you may have accidentally left something out. i've done that before, and although it makes you feel a little stupid, in the end its all worth it. personally, i think you had a mod that a LOT of people REALLY, REALLY wanted. since they wanted it to work so badly, they forgot about the decency of critiquing a mod and instead chose to insult you. for those that did that, you ought to be EXTREMELY ashamed of yourselves. this community is about modding a game that has no modding support. thus, we are supposed to work TOGETHER to figure out something of this magnitude. insults and personal attacks should NEVER appear anywhere on this forum. why??? because you cause things like this. pesonally, i think that Malak369 tried his/her best to get something done, but it didn't work. oh well. it really wasn't even his/her fault. i hope that from now on people will have the decency to simply provide comments on the mod, and not the person.

Malak369, i hope that you won't quit because of people that don't realize the meaning of community. it would be really good for you to reconsider. oh, btw, i don't know about everyone else, but i play kotor because of all the mods. thats what keeps the game goin for me. anyway, i hope you reconsider, and i wish you the best of luck. :D
 StormTrooper789
09-01-2004, 3:41 AM
Originally posted by Malak369
Ok you guys. after a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time away from here, im back. Ihave realized some things
1. the mod only seems to work for me
2. pcgamemods is being spammed by a guy named raven
3. I have been insulted to no end about "this mod doesnt work" and "you suck at modding" and "ur a fraud", and so i am pissed...:swear: :saberr:
4. i have given up on this mod, and probably will never make another kotor mod again.
I mean come on people, isnt this game getting OLD? It has to me and so I quit.
I may come back some day and play/mod this game in the future, but not now.
Besides, some of the same people commented for your mod under different names, so they are trying to convince you to quit which you should not do.
 Malak369
09-01-2004, 2:38 PM
well, i havent given up for good, just for right now.

thx for the support guys
 Sgt. Strike
09-18-2004, 12:47 PM
I am not sure if I have it working. The only way I would know is if I let my character climb above 20, combined. I may have it working, but then I might. I won't say that it's a bad mod, but I would like to know how you got it to work Malak369. Maybe it's the mods I have already, or it's something else. I'll give it another go soon, and see if it works then. I'm gonna play out this game, and see if I get to 40, combined, or I stay at 20. I'll let you know how it goes. You may want to also check our configurations against yours. It could be something isn't right, on our end, or something. It's a suggestion. But don't give up on us, or the mod, yet.
 Davood
12-30-2004, 4:58 AM
Well seeing as not a single person other than the original mod creator himself has reported this actually working. And it was removed from pcgamemods, because of the overwhelming negative feedback....

Im curious if you could list a copy of your override folder with file sizes malak369?

Perhaps if you could list a copy of all your files in your swkotor directory with subdirectories and file sizes.

Also are you using original swkotor or the patch ?

I have my suspicions that this mod never actually worked. But ive seen stranger things.
 Darkkender
12-30-2004, 5:13 AM
Originally posted by Davood
Well seeing as not a single person other than the original mod creator himself has reported this actually working. And it was removed from pcgamemods, because of the overwhelming negative feedback....

Im curious if you could list a copy of your override folder with file sizes malak369?

Perhaps if you could list a copy of all your files in your swkotor directory with subdirectories and file sizes.

Also are you using original swkotor or the patch ?

I have my suspicions that this mod never actually worked. But ive seen stranger things.

Obviously this post was meant to BUMP this thread to the top of the boards and to SPAM the boards so if a MODERATOR would be so nice as to :lock: LOCK THIS THREAD :lock: I would think it would be great.

OH and Davood this has been overdiscussed and the subject has become considered a mute point on the boards of the need to try to prove that this mod doesn't work.
 Darth333
12-30-2004, 5:48 AM
Removing the level Cap requires much more than editing .2da files and this mod doesn't work, end of line.

Since this issue has been overdiscussed, I am locking this thread before it degenerates.

@ Darkkender, when you have a problem with a thread or a post, could you please simply PM a moderator or use the report post button. Davood is a new member here and although this thread may annoy old timers ;) there is no point in telling him "Obviously this post was meant to BUMP this thread to the top of the boards and to SPAM " .
Page: 2 of 2