Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 tubias
06-09-2004, 4:14 PM
I am simply skinning. I want to make a shadowtrooper in JKA green with a few pictures on and stuff, no problem. Loaded the jpg's up in photoshop and did some rather suave editing. OK then, followed the guide (OUTCAST skinning tutorial updated for JKA by Micheal Gummelt) to the stage where you edit the skin file, seems simple enough. changed "shadowtrooper" to the file name I was using (under 'models/players') which is "solo". Yay, I think to myself, my first edited skin. Launched MP to be shocked it wasent there. OK, changed the .tga's into jpgs (the ones after my newly edited jpgs, not the stormie ones) However, in MP all this did was make the skin icon appear right at the bottom of the avatar list, under the default skins. BUT, when I play the game, its just not on the list. Its not there and I cant use it :(

Anybody got ANY idea what might be wrong? Please, ask for details if needs be
 RoxStar
06-09-2004, 4:33 PM
Are you using modview to make sure that you are indeed sucessfully reskinning?
Page: 1 of 1