Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

objectives.sp

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi_Vogel
06-09-2004, 5:33 AM
Ok so I'm following Kengo's very clear tutorials on Scripting and so far I'm doing ok.

I've gotten to the stage where I think JO and JA diverge somewhat, because it states I need to locate the objective.sp in a "strip" folder.

I seem to find that almost every level in JA has an objectives.str file, but it is laid out completely differently than the one on the tutorial (from JO).

I have looked in all the assets, at least 3 times and can neither find objectives.sp nor a "strip" folder. Anyone help or can I continue and use ANY one of the objectives.str?

I don't wanna do the wrong thing and stuff up JA lol.
Thanks in Advance.
 Kengo
06-09-2004, 3:38 PM
You're right, the directory structure is a bit different for JA.

You want:

Strings/english/objectives.str

The objectives here have different names to those for JO, but the principle of changing the text and referencing them in levels remains the same. Hope this helps :)
 Jedi_Vogel
06-10-2004, 4:22 AM
OOh Monsieur Kengo himself *bows* :) Your tutorials are very clear sir :D

And thanks, that will do very nicely :)
 Kengo
06-10-2004, 5:43 AM
Glad you like them, its nice to occasionally be more of a help than hinderance to the community! :)
 Jedi_Vogel
06-10-2004, 5:48 AM
I doubt you can be a hinderence ;)

If I get stuck on a later tutorial I might need to contact you though, Scripting is a little complicated for me, even though I do web programming lol.

Thanks again :)
Page: 1 of 1