Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

You do NOT want to believe this...

Page: 1 of 2
 Sabre9
06-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Honurz.
Lamerz.
Whinerz.

We thought it we could contain it to JA/JO.

We were WRONG.

:(

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129439)
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-05-2004, 10:23 PM
:rofl:
^first time I ever used one of those

Prime, you madcap mischief maker!!!

AIVAS
06-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Sabre9
Honurz.
Lamerz.
Whinerz.

We thought it we could contain it to JA/JO.

We were WRONG.

:(

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129439)

They've been here ever since online games, get used to it. They're like coc.kroaches. (that shouldn't be sensored)
 Sabre9
06-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
^first time I ever used one of those

Prime, you madcap mischief maker!!!

Good, he *was* kidding then. Heh. But sorry, we gotta be vigilant. This nonsense has to be stopped the MINUTE it shows its ugly head, joke or no.

This issue is just too important to take chances with. ;)
 AIVAS
06-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Good, he *was* kidding then. Heh. But sorry, we gotta be vigilant. This nonsense has to be stopped the MINUTE it shows its ugly head, joke or no.

This issue is just too important to take chances with. ;)

So you say that you want to stop people from playing the game how they wish, even if it wasn't meant to be played that way? I know that would violate a right somewhere if enough of it actually occured, lemme look through the ammendments and such.

I'm not supporing honourz, I'm suporting freedom to play the game as you choose to, and F*** people who try to stop you.
 Sabre9
06-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by AIVAS
So you say that you want to stop people from playing the game how they wish, even if it wasn't meant to be played that way? I know that would violate a right somewhere if enough of it actually occured, lemme look through the ammendments and such....

Nope, not getting tractor-beamed into rehashing the basic argument... all I'll say is...

Server exists... people on server playing one way... then couple people who don't want to play that way join up... start harrasing...

I'm sure you can piece toghether what I mean. There've been enough posts on the subject...
 AIVAS
06-05-2004, 10:58 PM
Nope, not getting tractor-beamed into rehashing the basic argument... all I'll say is...

Server exists... people on server playing one way... then couple people who don't want to play that way join up... start harrasing...

I'm sure you can piece toghether what I mean. There've been enough posts on the subject...

Yeah, I agree that that is wrong, but if people wanna play honourz, only the server owner can make them stop. If it's not your server, you obey the rules, I'm agreeing with you there.
 Cosmos Jack
06-05-2004, 11:14 PM
If you want a game where there is no form of honorable play to speak of Play HALO for the PC online. Everyone is killing everyone and using every possible trick in the book to win. The only think that really bothers me is on servers with Team killing enabled.

The only true lame thing you can do in a Online game is constantly and purposely kill your teammates or lame objectives. Laming objectives happens in Siege maps on JKA a lot.
 TK-8252
06-05-2004, 11:18 PM
omfg liek dood!11 i ahd my pistal out pistoll = peac!!!!!111admin plzzz punish him!!!!!!1 u must protetc my honorz
 AIVAS
06-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
omfg liek dood!11 i ahd my pistal out pistoll = peac!!!!!111admin plzzz punish him!!!!!!1 u must protetc my honorz

*TK is run over by me in a warthog*

This is why I love TKing in halo, when you're on the team as idiots who actually do say sh- err, shtuff like that.
 TK-8252
06-05-2004, 11:52 PM
*TK is run over by me in a warthog*

hey LAME!!!1 dood i had sabero ff and joo lamde me with thta pig!!11 admin PLZ Zban aivas plzzzzzz
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-06-2004, 3:13 AM
So you say that you want to stop people from playing the game how they wish, even if it wasn't meant to be played that way? I know that would violate a right somewhere if enough of it actually occured, lemme look through the ammendments and such.

I'm not supporing honourz, I'm suporting freedom to play the game as you choose to, and F*** people who try to stop you.
AIVAS, you raise a very interesting philisophical question. You are saying that "honor" people can distort and mutilate the game beyond all recognition because they have the "right" and "freedom" to play the game they want to, and, to quote you:

...I'm suporting freedom to play the game as you choose to, and F*** people who try to stop you.

So apparently, these people have an unlimited right to "play" the game the way they want to, correct?

OK, I can see you nodding your head yes. So let me give you some hypothetical cases (my apologies in advance to anyone who is offended by these hypothetical examples):

CASE 1: some people make a server called the "Ku Klux Klan server". The MOTD is "White Power, death to all ni**ers and Jews". They have made skins that look like Ku Klux Klan robes, and have "klan" maps that feature burning crosses. They spawn unarmed bots that have the African American Human Male Jedi skin and chase them around shooting them, hacking them with lightsabers, and using Grip to strangle them to death. They attack and ampunish anyone who disagrees with or argues with them, and they require you to say something racist before beginning a duel with them. Under your theory of "they can play the game any way they want to, even though it wasn't designed to be played that way", there is nothing wrong with this, correct?

CASE 2: some other people (maybe in Poland or Germany) make an "Auschwitz" or "Dachau" server. The MOTD is "Arbeit mach frei" ("Work will make you free"). The members of the clan that runs the server use either this skin:
http://www.jk2files.com/screenshots/38/files2/22435_1.jpg)

or this skin:

http://www.jk2files.com/screenshots/38/files2/22319_1.jpg)

The clan map looks like a concentration camp, and, well, I think I'll leave a description of what goes on there to your imagination. Under your theory of unlimited freedom to "play the game as you choose to, and F*** people who try to stop you", there is nothing wrong with this either, correct?

Now, I'm not saying "honor" players are racists or sometimes behave like Nazis or anything, I am asking you if your philosophy would support those types of servers. If you say yes, then you are intellectually consistent. If you say no, in those cases that behavior goes over the line, then who gets to decide when people have gone over the line and should be criticized? You? Me? Kurgan?
 AIVAS
06-06-2004, 3:56 AM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
AIVAS, you raise a very interesting philisophical question. You are saying that "honor" people can distort and mutilate the game beyond all recognition because they have the "right" and "freedom" to play the game they want to, and, to quote you:

So apparently, these people have an unlimited right to "play" the game the way they want to, correct?

OK, I can see you nodding your head yes. So let me give you some hypothetical cases (my apologies in advance to anyone who is offended by these hypothetical examples):

CASE 1: some people make a server called the "Ku Klux Klan server". The MOTD is "White Power, death to all ni**ers and Jews". They have made skins that look like Ku Klux Klan robes, and have "klan" maps that feature burning crosses. They spawn unarmed bots that have the African American Human Male Jedi skin and chase them around shooting them, hacking them with lightsabers, and using Grip to strangle them to death. They attack and ampunish anyone who disagrees with or argues with them, and they require you to say something racist before beginning a duel with them. Under your theory of "they can play the game any way they want to, even though it wasn't designed to be played that way", there is nothing wrong with this, correct?

CASE 2: some other people (maybe in Poland or Germany) make an "Auschwitz" or "Dachau" server. The MOTD is "Arbeit mach frei" ("Work will make you free"). The members of the clan that runs the server use either this skin:
http://www.jk2files.com/screenshots/38/files2/22435_1.jpg)

or this skin:

http://www.jk2files.com/screenshots/38/files2/22319_1.jpg)

The clan map looks like a concentration camp, and, well, I think I'll leave a description of what goes on there to your imagination. Under your theory of unlimited freedom to "play the game as you choose to, and F*** people who try to stop you", there is nothing wrong with this either, correct?

Now, I'm not saying "honor" players are racists or sometimes behave like Nazis or anything, I am asking you if your philosophy would support those types of servers. If you say yes, then you are intellectually consistent. If you say no, in those cases that behavior goes over the line, then who gets to decide when people have gone over the line and should be criticized? You? Me? Kurgan?

I don't see what the problem is. Why shouldn't they? If they want to act against jews, or other ethnic/racial/religeous groups, let 'em, it's not like it's doing any damage to anything/one. But if they try to force that on other people NOT on their server, then that's different, as it may be against the server's rules.

It may be wrong to be against any certain group of people, but if they are, hosting one server like that isn't going to change anything, other than keep them out of our servers. I mean, nobody is angry at christians for saying that us missing links don't exist do they? Hey, look! I GOT OVER IT.

In a nutshell: If they wanna discriminate against anything/one on their server, that's their choice.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-06-2004, 4:06 AM
Thank you for answering my question honestly. You are intellectually consistent and true to your beliefs, and I respect that.
 Alegis
06-06-2004, 7:21 AM
About the sw:bf honour stuff, i think its kinda sad you didn't think it was a joke. Especially from prime
 keshire
06-06-2004, 7:34 AM
In a nutshell: If they wanna discriminate against anything/one on their server, that's their choice.

Exactly. Let them be idiots on their own servers. When they grow up and realize they'll never truly be whatever they choice to roleplay then they can come join the competitive servers.

But hey no one ever stops them from at least a little light hearted roleplaying that doesn't effect the flow of the game.

like binding a key to say "hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut" as they go running around as a clone trooper.
 Kengo
06-06-2004, 9:07 AM
Sheesh, this 'Prime' fellow sure gets about doesn't he? :)

Its strange that a lot of people took him seriously....it really is strange. Doesn't it look even the slightest bit too rediculous to have been serious?

As Amidala said, AIVAS is consistent in his opinions. I just fall into a different school of thought that some things are inherently damanging even if they are within the confines of your own server or whatever, and that 'freedom' only streches so far until it comes back on itself and starts removing other freedoms. Thats just a different philosophical point of view, and not really related to this debate.

I only play on two JA servers, and I've never had problems with RPGers on those, so I've never been worked up about this problem in the least. I'm amazed its so prominent in the community, but I don't play enough MP to really notice it.
 Master William
06-06-2004, 9:12 AM

noez u drity lmaer stfu or ill get teh amdin to punish jou kthxbyepwned
 Prime
06-06-2004, 12:53 PM
I figured that it would be obvious that that post was a joke, but I guess not. :) I guess there aren't as many old time JO players there. I literally cut and paste the rules from the old JO saberist code thread and changed "saber" to "gun". I was hoping someone would call me on it. Most a pity.

I figured that most people would realize how silly the idea was for Battlefront, and they did. I just wanted to point out that if it is silly there why isn't it silly in JO/JA? Because of lightsabers?

Just trying to start a little debate. ;)
 Victus
06-06-2004, 6:07 PM
Originally posted by Cosmos Jack
If you want a game where there is no form of honorable play to speak of Play HALO for the PC online. Everyone is killing everyone and using every possible trick in the book to win. The only think that really bothers me is on servers with Team killing enabled.

ehh

I play Halo PC a lot and I don't know if you know this, but it's a First Person Shooter. WTF do you expect people to do? Not shoot you just because you don't have a gun? That is not how fighting works. TKing is left enabled so that we can keep a sense of "realism" to the game. It also prevents people from spamming nades or whatnot.
 TK-8252
06-06-2004, 9:01 PM
Originally posted by Master William
noez u drity lmaer stfu or ill get teh amdin to punish jou kthxbyepwned

WTFZ DOD@ I DIDNT ALME I GOT LAMEED!!111
 Master William
06-06-2004, 9:28 PM
tyep /disco in consoel for kewl fx!!11 :D :D

-=[]()_----_()[]=-

-=[]()_----_()[]=-

EDT:

EIT:*

EDIT*: /bind <letter> say <message> wifout teh < >'s ThInGs :D :D
 TK-8252
06-06-2004, 9:30 PM
how u bind chat????????
 kolusiem
06-07-2004, 8:37 AM
omggh omh omg liek typ3 /qui gon !!!111~~~

[====!!!warning!!!ROFLOLOLX1000!!!warning!!!!====]

DO NOT ATAK UNARMED JEDI WTF
 Master William
06-07-2004, 10:06 AM
wana j01n my sif lord klan???
 kolusiem
06-07-2004, 12:35 PM
WHERE DO I SIGN UP TO B A SITH?!?!?!
 Druid Allanon
06-07-2004, 12:45 PM
u r n00b lmaer not fit 2 b sith
 kolusiem
06-07-2004, 1:15 PM
TELLING MY MUMIE YOU SAID THAT
 GothiX
06-07-2004, 1:57 PM
LAMAR CUM HERE & DUEL SO ULL C I PWN U
 Rumor
06-07-2004, 3:34 PM
Oh god someone make it stop, they think they're being clever & witty, and think they're funny.
 Alegis
06-07-2004, 4:54 PM
Originally posted by Rumor
Oh god someone make it stop, they think they're being clever & witty, and think they're funny. http://users.skynet.be/alegis/whatyousay.jpg)

>@qsfjай)tа!й'(&'!) - g00d f1GHT - "&'(и!а&!'а&й!'а&йз!
 Master William
06-07-2004, 4:58 PM
-=[]{}_-xX(LOL)Xx-_{}[]=-

dood stop laming peeps ffs u ruin ma game xpeeriense wtf kick plzzzzzzzzzzzz

every1 Vote Kick 15 plz plz vote Yes every1 plz k thx
 TK-8252
06-07-2004, 7:01 PM
ur alll a bunhc of laemrz lolololoooooololz kthxbai
 LukeKatarn
06-07-2004, 7:28 PM
In my opinion the honer code is rediculis but what amidala posted earlier is bad the honer code should not be used but there should still be rules like

Say nothing related to (That word that I do not want to say. The one with Lovey Dover crap I think you know which word I am talking about).
 Rumor
06-07-2004, 7:49 PM
oh god what have we started :eek:
 Pnut_Man
06-07-2004, 8:29 PM
TK, you of all people shouldn't be mocking the honourz ;)

Back in my laming era, I recall a great number of honourz n00bz on jk2files.com server sprouting out lines disturbingly similiar to the ones in this thread :p
 TK-8252
06-07-2004, 8:41 PM
I never whine like that, pnut. :)

Nice sig. :p
 sircursealot
06-07-2004, 9:01 PM
This is why I play siege, none of this crap...
 Rad Blackrose
06-07-2004, 9:10 PM
Oh god someone make it stop, they think they're being clever & witty, and think they're funny.

No ****, for a second I swore I stumbled into our forum.
 Rumor
06-08-2004, 1:27 AM
I never whine like that, pnut. :)

Nice sig. :p

You never did anything to quash it either.

I distinctly remember going into the jk3 files server and i spent about 10 seconds in it before i was banned. =(
 TK-8252
06-08-2004, 1:46 AM
I distinctly remember going into the jk3 files server and i spent about 10 seconds in it before i was banned. =(

That's M. Chrono for you! ;)
 Master William
06-08-2004, 7:31 AM
omgz i taek it u have noez honorz

Ok, I'm quitting now.
 Rumor
06-08-2004, 4:54 PM
That's M. Chrono for you! ;)

No, I only had dealings with chrono in jk2. You were the only admin present, spouting off your nice rule binds.
 MasterSidious
06-08-2004, 5:00 PM
Jedi Academy is now ruined with immature ten year olds who have all the power they could ever have in a game and use it to teleport people out of the map who try to play and then ban them.

WTF is going on?

Darksides is the only clan out there who allows laming and are based on skill instead of how many abusive cmds they can use before someone disconnects or is kicked.

This is why I have joined ds and have given them 3 servers.

PEACE
 TK-8252
06-08-2004, 5:40 PM
You were the only admin present, spouting off your nice rule binds.

And I see that I dealt with you perfectly according to the WBB system. No silly slapping/slaying/empower-killing/punishing/or any other nonsense. :)

But anyway, let's hope xMod stays on the JK3Files server, so we don't have to enforce rules anymore.

MasterSidious, you have got to be the biggest hypocrite in the Jedi Academy community.

Originally posted by MasterSidious
Jedi Academy is now ruined with immature ten year olds who have all the power they could ever have in a game and use it to teleport people out of the map who try to play and then ban them.

...Based on skill instead of how many abusive cmds they can use before someone disconnects or is kicked.

Like the commands in your admin mod?

DFplus! A rip of JA+, but, with even MORE admin cheats!

http://pcgamemods.com/4959/)

:roleyess:
 Rumor
06-08-2004, 9:58 PM
And I see that I dealt with you perfectly according to the WBB system. No silly slapping/slaying/empower-killing/punishing/or any other nonsense. :)

But anyway, let's hope xMod stays on the JK3Files server, so we don't have to enforce rules anymore.

MasterSidious, you have got to be the biggest hypocrite in the Jedi Academy community.

Like the commands in your admin mod?

DFplus! A rip of JA+, but, with even MORE admin cheats!

http://pcgamemods.com/4959/)

:roleyess:

Sorry for the buzzkill but that ten seconds was spent on me fixing my forces because of the mod, and as soon as the name /<tcz|rumor name appeared in the console i recieved a kick message.
 Rumor
06-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by MasterSidious

WTF is going on?

Darksides is the only clan out there who allows laming and are based on skill instead of how many abusive cmds they can use before someone disconnects or is kicked.

This is why I have joined ds and have given them 3 servers.

PEACE

NOW? NOW?1 WTF have you been for the past two years? Advocating the honor code abusers.
 TK-8252
06-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Sorry for the buzzkill but that ten seconds was spent on me fixing my forces because of the mod, and as soon as the name /<tcz|rumor name appeared in the console i recieved a kick message.

And you didn't get to lame, did you? ;)
 shukrallah
06-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Man... id love to see jk3files lamed :D :D :D You cant kick someone for joining the server... how do you know i dont join with the same name :-p

Yeah MasterSidious, I seem to recall leaving DF because of your mod. I loved how everyone said it was a 'laming' clan, but then lamers were kicked...
 TK-8252
06-09-2004, 3:17 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
Man... id love to see jk3files lamed :D :D :D

I quit administering there today. They've officially gone to hell.

You cant kick someone for joining the server... how do you know i dont join with the same name :-p

IPs. :)

Yeah MasterSidious, I seem to recall leaving DF because of your mod. I loved how everyone said it was a 'laming' clan, but then lamers were kicked...

That's, basically the definition of a hypocrite.
Page: 1 of 2