Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can you add the Jedi classes to the start-up menu?

Page: 1 of 1
 numark79
06-05-2004, 2:13 AM
Sup, I was wondering if this is at all possible. I know it is already possible to sort of start as a Jedi from the start using the KotOR savegame editor, but I was hoping that this way of adding the Jedi classes to the start menu could be an option too =) Is this at all possibe, or has it been done already? If not, this is something I'd really like to work on next, and so any advice at all would be really great =)

peace
 Colma Adawin
06-05-2004, 2:30 AM
I think your idea would have to affect the scoundral , scout and solider, then change them into the appropiate jedi classes and then you have to change the feats and MUST add the lightsabre prefencey and the Jedi Defence to start you down the path with the force.
 Darth Khasei
06-05-2004, 2:57 AM
Not to be a butthead, but you can already do this so easy with the KSE why look for something more complicated?
 Colma Adawin
06-05-2004, 3:04 AM
yeah he's got the KSE but wants to be able to be a Jedi RIGHT at the start of the game, a modder in the making maybe
 numark79
06-05-2004, 3:55 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
yeah he's got the KSE but wants to be able to be a Jedi RIGHT at the start of the game, a modder in the making maybe

LOL, yeah, modding this game is so much more involved than JA it seems, heheh. I'm planning to release my first one to pcgamemods pretty soon, =) But yeah, do you think it would be possible without overwriting the soldier, scout, and scoundrel classes at the start-up? If not , I guess it would be kind of cool to have a uniform line up of all three Jedi classes from the start. =)

peace
 mgnails
06-05-2004, 3:59 AM
Actually, putting jedi classes on the start up screen is easy, I did it myself so I could put up the download for it if you want it....It will allow you to start out as a jedi with the feats and such. But the only problem is that you have to go from level 1 to level 2 in order to gain force powers.
 sysergy
06-05-2004, 4:39 AM
Ahh cool I WANT I WANT!!
 Darth Khasei
06-05-2004, 5:18 AM
For modding purposes duh what the heck was I thinking. Anyway, yes you can use a uti script to do that for you I believe. There was actually one for Carth by accident in the FANTASTIC Sith Armada mod. Carth has a Star Forge robe and is Level 4 Jedi.
 *Atris*
06-05-2004, 5:30 AM
Originally posted by mgnails
Actually, putting jedi classes on the start up screen is easy, I did it myself so I could put up the download for it if you want it....It will allow you to start out as a jedi with the feats and such. But the only problem is that you have to go from level 1 to level 2 in order to gain force powers.

Excuse me! it was me who did that for you,
 Colma Adawin
06-05-2004, 6:21 AM
Look it really doesn't matter who did it! its got nothing to do with this thread! whoever did it just help numark79 to do the same!

if you insist on having a problem with eachother PLEASE solve it with PM'S dont bring irrelevent posts into it! MattCole
 *Atris*
06-05-2004, 8:06 AM
do do it you edit the classes.2da its as simple as that,, copy the row jedi guardian and paste that in the soldier row and do the same with the rest. (scout/siental)(scoundral/consular)
 mgnails
06-05-2004, 9:25 AM
I know you did the first version, but I made my own because I was trying to make the new classes which isnt really that difficult. SO I was going to give him my test not your thing....I would have to ask your permission to do that honestly.
 *Atris*
06-05-2004, 9:36 AM
ok i apologise
 mgnails
06-05-2004, 9:42 AM
The download is up. I decided to put up lowiej's version. This has a dialogue.tlk file that comes with it but it is waaaaay too big to put on a freewebs site. so i will just tell you. at the start-up screen, these clases are replaced by jedi classes
Scoundrel = Consular
Scout = Sentinel
Soldier = Gaurdian

thats how it will be, without the dialogue.tlk file it will still look like the same screen and say male soldier and such, but when you get to the part where you choose feats, you will get all of the jedi feats that particular class has to offer. Unfortunately, Bioware didnt make it so when you level up from level 0 to level 1, you get to choose force powers. So you wont be able to choose force powers till your next level up yet you can still start out with a lightsaber proficiency and jedi defense as well as force jump for guardians. Enjoy it.

you can download it here: http://www.freewebs.com/mgnails/misc.htm)
 Colma Adawin
06-05-2004, 9:54 AM
The Mod work well but the only problem i've got with it is that it changes ALL of the classes yes i was a scout --> Jedi Counsoler BUT Trask is a soldier and hes a Jedi Guardian! without the powers / Feats!!!!

Besides this its a good mod!
 mgnails
06-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Heh, I forgot to say it would probably change everyone in game who was a non jedi before. If you use this in kotor, you can start out as a consular and such because taris is easy with just even being a jedi. Then when you get to dantooine you can cross class so that will be funny. Though i think that particular classes.2da has the original jedi classes replaced with new classes so when you choose to be a jedi guardian, there is a possiblility of becoming a sith lord or jedi master.
 Darth_ToMeR
06-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Heh, I forgot to say it would probably change everyone in game who was a non jedi before. If you use this in kotor, you can start out as a consular and such because taris is easy with just even being a jedi. Then when you get to dantooine you can cross class so that will be funny. Though i think that particular classes.2da has the original jedi classes replaced with new classes so when you choose to be a jedi guardian, there is a possiblility of becoming a sith lord or jedi master.
That is a good idea for a mod. To make the starting class Jedi, and in dantooine to get classes like Sith Lord, Jedi Master, like in kotor 2.
 mgnails
06-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Sith Lord and Jedi Master are classes that will be in KOTOR: AE but if you all want it i suppose we could give you the classes as a kotor mod as well. Wehave plans for like 4 more classes now but I wouldnt want to spoil it for you to much more.
 Darth_ToMeR
06-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Sith Lord and Jedi Master are classes that will be in KOTOR: AE but if you all want it i suppose we could give you the classes as a kotor mod as well. Wehave plans for like 4 more classes now but I wouldnt want to spoil it for you to much more. When you think AE will finish? or how much do you still need to finish?
 mgnails
06-05-2004, 12:01 PM
Not that long considering. Id figure it would take us about 4 months to do make all of the models that will be ingame because we only have 1 good modeler and a few decent ones. During that 4 months we will be finishing the dialogues and scripts. Hopefully our recoders will have done their job by then but I don't know how long it will take for them to recode what they have to. Then after that we will connect everything which will probably take a month to do. After that we will have the game done except for voice acting And based on the amount of voice actors we have now it will take a few months to do that and get it ingame. And while some of the team deticates their time to voice acting, the rest of the team will be adding little things. Probably a few extra sidequests and some new items and maybe touch up a few areas of the game. So there is a very strong chance this will be finished before kotor 2. Keep in mind we are working as much as we can and as hard as we can to make this thing high quality so don't say we are moving too fast. SO I figure we can get the LS plot done in about 6-7 months. The Ds plot will be done in a month because all of the models will be made and all of the recoding will be done. All it will take is some "modding" of our existing things to add a DS plot. If you want more details, check out the forums: http://www.elementx.org/Forum)
 numark79
06-06-2004, 5:00 AM
Originally posted by lowiej
do do it you edit the classes.2da its as simple as that,, copy the row jedi guardian and paste that in the soldier row and do the same with the rest. (scout/siental)(scoundral/consular)

that sounds cool, I think I'll try that out =)

Originally posted by MattColejk
The Mod work well but the only problem i've got with it is that it changes ALL of the classes yes i was a scout --> Jedi Counsoler BUT Trask is a soldier and hes a Jedi Guardian! without the powers / Feats!!!!

Besides this its a good mod!

LOL, I guess you could just replace the Scout class with whatever Jedi class you are going to use for that time through =) That way none of your NPC's classes should be overridden, since there are no Scout NPC's right?

ps. btw, has anybody else tried to submit stuff to pcgamemods lately? The thing has been down for me for awhile now, =\

peace
 Jackel
06-06-2004, 5:31 AM
"since there are no Scout NPC's right?"

i believe Big Z is a scout
 buhallin
06-06-2004, 1:57 PM
btw. is there an 2da editor around which can add "easy" columns" to the 2da files (Kt can't) ?
 numark79
06-08-2004, 1:26 AM
Originally posted by Jackel
"since there are no Scout NPC's right?"

i believe Big Z is a scout

DOH! of course, dang what the heck was i thinking? heheh

Sith Lord and Jedi Master are classes that will be in KOTOR: AE but if you all want it i suppose we could give you the classes as a kotor mod as well. Wehave plans for like 4 more classes now but I wouldnt want to spoil it for you to much more.

That would be awesome! But also is there any way at all to edit the start menu so that you can start as a Jedi, without altering the classes of your NPC's in the process? =)

peace
Page: 1 of 1