Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ahem. Writer looking for work!

Page: 1 of 1
 Excalibur Bane
06-05-2004, 1:52 AM
Sorry. I didn't get anyone to take me up on my offer and my thread was kinda drowned. Ahem, anyway. I'm a good writer and I know how to do some basic .2da modding now. Trying to learn more with some success.

Anyone need any help or have any basic mod requests? :)
I'm dying for something to do. I wish I could do graphical mods. I seriously need to redo one of those Mand Battlesuits. Make it Red maybe or Black. Erm. Anyway, if anyone needs any help just send a PM to me. I'm gonna be floating around alot, just browsing threads and looking for new mods to play the game with :)
 Weiser_Cain
06-05-2004, 3:12 AM
Ok. Change the assassin misions to require Mission or Juhani only instead of you(you'll have to figure out how to get a party to consist of one npc first though).
Or. Expand on Korriban to give you an option of extra sith training(see if you can create a sith wizard class while your at it).
 Excalibur Bane
06-05-2004, 6:25 AM
Whoooooa! Easy. I said basic. Basic modding. That's not basic. Basic, as in, I can modify some of the traits of basic weapons. Give more force powers or feats to a class, or something like that. But I can't do anything hard like your suggesting. Yet :D
 meek
06-05-2004, 11:33 AM
I have an idea... if only you could script :)
 Colma Adawin
06-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Excalibur Bane
Whoooooa! Easy. I said basic. Basic modding. That's not basic. Basic, as in, I can modify some of the traits of basic weapons. Give more force powers or feats to a class, or something like that. But I can't do anything hard like your suggesting. Yet :D

Have you had a look into either

1) modding requests
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=128018)

or maybe

2) how to mod and come up with your own mods?
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=124284)

MattCole
 Excalibur Bane
06-05-2004, 3:47 PM
Yeah, more or less. I'm not good enough with the tools yet to make any real mods that people want, unfortunately. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the things. Not having much luck, but I'll keep trying. :(
 Colma Adawin
06-05-2004, 3:50 PM
hey don't worry about it, think of it this way,

T7 and Prime had to start off with all the problems your facing and they turned out marvelously with their mods!!!

You will probably be doing the same!!
 Darth333
06-05-2004, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by Excalibur Bane
Yeah, more or less. I'm not good enough with the tools yet to make any real mods that people want, unfortunately. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the things. Not having much luck, but I'll keep trying. :(

Don' t try to learn everything at the same time: it's impossible and discouraging. I suggest you start with a small and very definite project to familiarize with the tools. After this, if you want to do something bigger, you will already know where to get what you need. :)

When you have questions and if yo don't find the answer in the sticks, then just ask and i'm sure someone will help :)
 Darth_ToMeR
06-05-2004, 4:30 PM
I say, try retexturing and new items. You can make everything to look how you want.
 Colma Adawin
06-05-2004, 4:32 PM
see if you need support WE'RE the people to dish it up!!!

just PM someone and they may help!

though one thing i've come to learn here is to have patience, but it all works out in the end!!
Page: 1 of 1