Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

nodraw texture missing

Page: 1 of 1
 saurumonk
06-02-2004, 9:39 PM
its not in common textures and I ran a search on the cpu for a file remotely like that and nothing... i have 1.4 so wtf?
 Lil Killa
06-03-2004, 1:03 AM
try the system texture set ;)
 wedge2211
06-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Yep.

Also, FYI, a file search won't get it because "nodraw" is a shader, and is specified inside another file - system.shader, I believe.
 saurumonk
06-03-2004, 3:15 PM
thx im finding out more and more after each answer.... i been using older radiant tutorials and one of the final things i was going to do with the map is add fire to it, now is this gonna be somewhere else in 1.4 like the nodraw was??? cuz i dont have an sfx texture folder and its no in the system or commons.
 wedge2211
06-03-2004, 4:58 PM
For that, you want an effect. Create an fx_runner entity and give it the key "fxFile" and value "effects/path_to_effect/effect.efx"

Look at the top of the forums here or at Map-Review.com for a list of all the possible effect files.
 Lil Killa
06-03-2004, 5:50 PM
It sound slike the tutorials your using are for Quake III..

That's fine on the mapping side of things but when it comes to some shaders you're gonna run into some probelms as they are different games. That's why you couldn't find the folder for the fire texture you needed and why the nodraw texture was in the system folder.
 saurumonk
06-03-2004, 6:28 PM
im confused now... would that be :

key: fxFire

value: effects/env/fire.efx ?
 lauser
06-03-2004, 8:22 PM
Almost....

KEY: fxFile ---->You had Fire here instaed of File

VALUE: effects/env/fire.efx
 saurumonk
06-03-2004, 9:46 PM
thx for the help yes i think they were q3 tut's but needed the basics of mapping altogether and those were the first ones that came up...

however i did the key and value just like that still gettting a blue box............

help me get dis fire issue solved andf ill post some screens of my temple here... i think its pretty damn good and creative for first map ever.... pure free flow duelers are going to love it- angles of attack from any position and any level you are on... youll see..

wait nm here is the url to some shots i already have uploaded to a website... here...

my first map (http://clankop.proboards24.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1085941382)
 saurumonk
06-04-2004, 10:22 AM
nm im a dOOsh... it showed up in game, like i said i was using old tutorials to where you could see a texture of the flame without effects but this just had a blu box- everythings gravy now... thanks alot
Page: 1 of 1