Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dismemberment in SP mode!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 MajikMyst
06-02-2004, 6:03 AM
I finally found the definitive way to get dismemberment to work in SP mode. Chances are the same can be said for MP mode as well.

It turns out that each NPC has a file in the assets1.pk3 file that governs it skills, health, weapons used, ect. ect. Also there is dismemberment for each body part. See example below:

cultist
{
playerModel cultist
weapon WP_BLASTER
altfire 1
FP_LEVITATION 3
FP_SPEED 2
FP_PUSH 2
FP_PULL 2
FP_GRIP 1
FP_LIGHTNING 1
FP_DRAIN 1
rank ltcomm
reactions 1
aim 1
move 1
aggression 1
evasion 1
intelligence 1
hfov 120
vfov 120
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
// race human
class CLASS_REBORN
snd cultist1
sndcombat cultist1
sndjedi cultist1
yawSpeed 60
walkSpeed 45
runSpeed 180
health 50
dismemberProbHead 60
dismemberProbArms 60
dismemberProbLegs 60
dismemberProbHands 60
dismemberProbWaist 60
}

You have to go through each character npc file and change dismemberprob values as shown above. They work as a % so 60 is 60%.

This is no easy task as there are 73 npc files that I have found so far that govern each individual npc in the game. Everything from Jawas to Mutant Rancors. All Jedi npc are in there as well. So when they get killed they can also lose a foot or head.

I will post complete instructions in the next day or so. I want to make sure that I have all the npc files. For the time being you need to download a proggy called pakscape. That is how you can look into the pk3 files. I will say it once and so read it and learn!!!

Before you go making any changes to any files for your game.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!!!

Go ahead and create a backup folder and copy unedited files into there so you always have a fresh start file.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!!!

Majik

:cool:

Please sticky :D
 TK-8252
06-02-2004, 8:42 AM
I've already done that in a mod of mine. And dismemberment is even more if you just delete the dismemberment settings out of the NPC.
 Crow_Nest
06-02-2004, 9:31 AM
Having dismemberment that way will have you opening all those NPC files and edit it, and will take forever. Most of the dismemberment mods you see out there are the same method as this, so why not download those mods instead of editing the files? ;)
 MajikMyst
06-03-2004, 12:08 AM
I find it somewhat odd that there is a thread at the top of this page that in itself is two pages long. No where does it say to download a simple mod to make dismemberment work. Thanks for not posting the links to such mods. I seriously doubt they would work anyways. You would have to mod the assets1.pk3 file to do so. You would have to edit all the npc files for all the individual npc's in the game. To my knowlege there is no file that global controls npc options in the game.

The other thread talks about placing garbage in your game link or editing your jaconfig.cfg file. Neither of which works. Does anyone there post an answer? So when someone else figures it out on his own and wants to share it with everyone. You say there is a simple mod? Ok? Where? How does it work? What does it mod? Why does it work? What else can it mod?

Excuse my frustration. But some of us have been fighting with this for awhile now. I am glad that godly you has a simple mod that does it all for us that you refuse to share with everyone. Unless you have something useful to post then don't post.

Majik
 MajikMyst
06-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Having dismemberment that way will have you opening all those NPC files and edit it, and will take forever. Most of the dismemberment mods you see out there are the same method as this, so why not download those mods instead of editing the files? ;)

I did it in under an hour. I also changed what sabers the npc's use. Got tired of them always using the same saber. I also changed their health to make them a little harder. And changed some of their force skill levels. All in under an hour. Hardly a forever.
 MajikMyst
06-25-2004, 6:28 AM
Well. It seems that some peeps are still having problems with this. So i'll bump this thread to help out. Still no word on this magic patch that makes it work.
 Crow_Nest
06-25-2004, 9:15 AM
See the stuck thread on top of the JA forums, it has many ways of getting dismemberment to work.
 Cercueil
06-25-2004, 1:06 PM
while we are on the subject of those .pk3 files....help a newb out and let me know what is the best application to use to open them.

ive tried word, but they are to big for the application. Ive downloaded something from the Lucasfiles, but i havnt installed it yet as it wants to "update" some files. is there a common application that I can use to do that with?

I wanted to add a custom player stat using one of the other models (stormtrooper for example) so that it will show up on cut scenes and such.

if this post would be better surved someplace else let me know and Ill move it and repost in that forum. ive looked around and either I dont see an appropriate thread or typically the people who do this in JA have had so much experience in the other JK series games its all basic to them.

thanks....your friendly Newb.
 Michael Plant
06-25-2004, 1:23 PM
while we are on the subject of those .pk3 files....help a newb out and let me know what is the best application to use to open them.
To open pk3 files all you need is winzip or something like that.
Or if you have Windows XP you can use the compressed (zipped) folders.
I wanted to add a custom player stat using one of the other models (stormtrooper for example) so that it will show up on cut scenes and such.
To do that, all you need to do is type Playermodel <modelname> model_default model_default model_default in the console.
 TK-8252
06-25-2004, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by Michael Plant
To open pk3 files all you need is winzip or something like that.
Or if you have Windows XP you can use the compressed (zipped) folders.

I find PakScape better than a common zip program.
 Cercueil
06-25-2004, 4:12 PM
I'll try that however when I first went in to open them the .pk3 files were listed without an associated application to open them. I figured word would be the best as I assumed they were mostly text.

I couldnt find an actually listing for my zip program that came with the computer as most zipped files automatically come read to unzip with the .zip...wait....I think I have an idea that might work. I'll try it out tonight and let you know.

is PakScape a free app that I could download from someplace?

"Playermodel <modelname> model_default model_default model_default in the console" ill also try that tonight. is there a reason why you put model_default three times?

thanks again.
 Crow_Nest
06-25-2004, 11:51 PM
To open just rename the .pk3 to .zip.
 TK-8252
06-26-2004, 12:16 AM
PakScape is free and easy. I use it everyday for my modding.

Download:

http://ef.filefront.com/file.info?ID=1327)
 Crow_Nest
06-26-2004, 2:00 AM
WinRAR works quite well too and its free, but not as good as WinZip

www.rarlabs.com)
 TK-8252
06-26-2004, 3:06 AM
Rars... suck. When I downloaded a rar program, it made absolutely every undefined file extension into a rar file. I couldn't do anything.
 Crow_Nest
06-26-2004, 6:13 AM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Rars... suck. When I downloaded a rar program, it made absolutely every undefined file extension into a rar file. I couldn't do anything.

When you first install it it will ask you what kind of file extension do you want, only choose RAR files and cancel the rest.
 Cercueil
06-26-2004, 11:42 AM
thats the angle i was going for. I'll download the prog, TK, and see how it works.

Im interested in starting to skin then head to modeling then mapping, etc.

Ive worked on maps from RTS games such as Warcraft, Starcraft, and Galactic Battle grounds, but I feel the options available in JA should open up a bit more creative media for me.

thanks again for the suggestions.
Page: 1 of 1