Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Just another quitting thread

Page: 1 of 1
 gameunlimited
06-01-2004, 4:47 PM
Well, I just want to finally say (as many probably have known) that I am quitting KotOR modding. I started modding KotOR to have fun myself while at the same time trying to contribute something to the community. I certainly have had fun (lots of it) and hopefully have also contributed something. Unfortunately, I have other things to do now that don't allow me to do modding anymore, and I also have to say that I begin losing interest for modding KotOR too. I guess it is natural after doing it for 2-3 months.

Anyway, I just want to thank the community for your supports, and even for using my mods. Special thanks to Fred Tetra, Tk, and T7 for giving me ideas, input, supports, and many more. You are the best.

As for my site, it will still be there, http://alvin777t.tripod.com), however, I don't think I will be able to provide anymore technical support.

Once again, thank you. Hope to see you guys again in KotOR 2, or maybe some other game.

Regards,
Gameunlimited
 Mav
06-01-2004, 4:50 PM
You, as well as your great mods will be missed, I wish you much success in the future
 Darth Khasei
06-01-2004, 5:19 PM
Love your force replicator mod. Thanks for all that you have provided to the technically challenged like me.
 tk102
06-01-2004, 5:24 PM
Agreed, GU, it's been fun. I'm quitting too. I considered making a thread but this seems more appropriate.

This community has been great to be a part of. There have many great contributors. Just wanted to especially thank the following people that helped me out personally:

Fred Tetra - Your hard work as a master programmer always served as inspiration to me.

Gameunlimited - I learned most of my scripting from your posts and your mods. I'm sure that others have also gained insight into modding through them as well.

T7Nowhere - you've always been a great help to everyone and you're the first person I ever felt I could PM. Thanks for your dedication.

Darth333 - Probably more than anyone else, you tested and retested just about every utility I've written and provided excellent feedback. Your technical questions also helped me learn more about the KotOR than I would have on my own.

And to all the people who helped me develop KotOR Savegame Editor in the early days, your patience was appreciated.

To the rest of the community members I hope you'll continue to get as much enjoyment as you can from the game. I've uploaded my source code to pcgamemods if anyone wants to pick up where I left off. Take care everyone.

tk102 out
:guitar2
 Colja
06-01-2004, 5:41 PM
It has been great guys and I hate you are leaving, I learned so much from you guys and I really appreciate your efforts.
 Darth333
06-01-2004, 7:16 PM
:(
This is a great loss for the forums... :(
Well, I wish to thank you both for all what you've done here as well as the help and guidance you provided me.
It's been great to work with you TK.

I'll miss you :cry6:

Hope you'll be back when Kotor 2 comes out ;)
 cchargin
06-01-2004, 7:27 PM
See-ya gameunlimited and tk102,

We WILL be seeing you two back here when KOTOR 2 comes out. ;)
 Fred Tetra
06-01-2004, 7:48 PM
I hope that rather than "leaving" the modding scene, you will reconsider and instead simply choose a "substantially reduced level of participation" :)

All I ask is that you take a peek here once and a while. You never know what'll happen next around the forums or when the modding itch will return.

I know from personal experience what a tough time it can be balancing one's own time against forum/project participation; I once wrote the only editor for the Macintosh version of Command & Conquer some years ago (Mac C&C Edit). I started to run into coding time vs. family time issues, so I quit working on it. Fortunately (for you folks <heh heh>) my family is now older and more independent, so I have a steadier stream of free time (if only I could finish unpacking the boxes piled everywhere from the move!)

So, in closing, I wish you well and say you'll be missed, but feel free to drop a line any time (address in the readme.txt of KT).
 Darth333
06-01-2004, 7:58 PM
Originally posted by Fred Tetra
[B]I hope that rather than "leaving" the modding scene, you will reconsider and instead simply choose a "substantially reduced level of participation" :)

All I ask is that you take a peek here once and a while. You never know what'll happen next around the forums or when the modding itch will return.

I second that Fred! :nod:
 Mav
06-01-2004, 8:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
I second that Fred!

I third that Darth333:D
 JedI_XtRmIsT
06-02-2004, 7:08 AM
yeah u guys will be missed and i wish u all the luck in the world on what ever endevers u are in volved in in the furture and i think that i will go on hiatis till KOTOR 2 comes out then again maybe not who knows but i have some thing that i've been working on for the past month that i'll finish up in probly another month that i will up load to my site and then i will "disappear" for a while i'll drop in to see whats up every now and then

but any way if anyone wants to drop me a line ya'll should have my email address if not check my profile its in there

keep up all the good work you guys are doeing just hope KOTOR 2 comes out sooner rather than later

Rock on
JX
 Mono_Giganto
06-02-2004, 8:43 AM
Ya I'll miss you guys, some nice mods came from you two.

[Force Persuade] You will come back to mod KotOR2.

[Success] We will come back to mod KotOR2...

:D
 tomwaz
06-02-2004, 9:12 AM
Iam very sorry to hear that these two modding geniuses are quitting. We have lost some of the alltime greats but we can hopefully carry on with people like Darth Straker and many, many other great modders. I do dearly hope that Kitty and Talchia have not quit but i suspect they have.

One of m friends unclesknows one of the obsidian workers and told me some great stuff about the game that is not on any of the sites. Mabey you guys could organise a poll to see if i should reveal a little of the story.

please organise the poll as quickly as possible.
 Doom_Dealer
06-02-2004, 9:29 AM
oh good god no. How will we survive?

ah well, i guess there isnt much to say that someone else hasnt.
ye, so good luck guys

tk102- pop onto msn messenger from time to time to say hi!
 Darth Straker
06-02-2004, 10:00 AM
GameUnlimited (correct me if I'm wrong), you were the first to explore the recruit mods and for that and many more I am truly thankful for it!! Hope to see your nick from time to time here .

Tk102, the Master of scripts and ideas your presence will also be missed.

I hope see you both here once again.
 Colma Adawin
06-02-2004, 11:32 AM
I don't know you, but i know of your mods and of the contrbutions you given and for that i say good luck and goodbye,
hope it all goes well in the near future!

MattCole, Keep it cool!!! :afro1:
 Prime
06-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all your hard work and contributions, fellas. They really are appreciated. Hopefully we will see you around when KOTOR 2 is released. It appears that a lot of the KOTOR knowledge will be transferable...

Remember, drop by any time. The door is always open :)
 T7nowhere
06-02-2004, 1:54 PM
Well It is loss of knowledge and skill to our community, But both of you have always contibuted as much time and effort as you could and I thank you guys for that.

Gameunlimited:You have always helped out as much as you could and paved the way to teach many how to mod KotOR by your example. Your knowledge and skill have helped me many times and I always appreciated your support. Thanks for your contributions gu I hope to see you again next year when KotOR 2 is released.

Tk102: I have learned much from your posts as I know many others have as well. Your utillitys are an invaluable resource to the community and will continue to be used. I really appreciate the personal support you always gave me, your ideas and insights were always appreciated and will be missed. I hope we can see you back when KotOR 2 comes out to face it's challanges. Your presence will be missed.

ps. Feel free to IM me any time your bored :)

Seeya around my friends.
 Nodakrattler
06-03-2004, 1:56 AM
I have to say I've downloaded every mod I could get my hands on and to see people leave is sad and you will be missed. I also say you don't really have to quit that is such a permanent term, how about taking a break and maybe in the future you'll have more time and be able to come out with some great stuff. Well till you can return see ya.
 Kengo
06-03-2004, 10:56 AM
In the short time I've been here I've found this modding community to be very unique, there are some really talented modders, and they all seem to lack massive egos and be more than willing to help everyone out. Theres some kind of feeling of general cooperation that you just don't see in many other editing communities, and both you guys seemed to add to that a lot while I've been here. I hope I can convince Sergio to introduce a KOTOR 2 file section for PCGM when it comes out, and that I'll see both of ya then!
 svцsh
06-03-2004, 1:14 PM
It’s a great lose to see you both go, but life must go on. I learned a lot from both of you
You’re tips and tricks will be greatly missed. I wish you both the greatest of success In what ever you do in the future. I hope that both of you come back to mod kotor II,

svцsh
Page: 1 of 1