Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan Redemption Robes : By svцsh T7 Darth333

Page: 1 of 2
 svцsh
06-01-2004, 6:20 AM
Authors 05/31/04
-: svцsh skins uti's mdl hex 2da icons custom dlg custom shader
-: T7 uti's disguise 2da
-: Darth333 scripts and dlg custom dlg

==============================================

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p4615528.html)
http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p4662814.html)
http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p4615529.html)
http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p4615527.html)

Revan Redemption Robes :

Revans redemption robes were created by the mystical power of the Star Forge only those on the light path may wear these.

Alignment Limitation Light Side
Attribute Bonus Strength Bonus +4
Defense Bonus Melee 5
Feat Required Jedi Defense
Regeneration Melee 1
User Limitation Human

The files Revan redemption robes are both unique items neither replace any thing in the game. I have a custom shader working, but replacing the shader for the space suit and underwater suit. No biggy really as you will hardly notice. The robes work just like any other clothes you equip them in the clothing slot and it replaces your model with the hooded masked caped Revan

With T7 s fantastic help these are disguises!

: To cheat and get these in the game use
giveitem g_a_mstrrobe55 is blue
giveitem g_a_mstrrobe56 is tan

But why cheat? When I have recruited the best master scripter to help me Darth333!
just talk to Master Zhar about Revan and Malak during your trials.

And the second one’s a surprise.

best way to play through this is starting a new game

May the force be with you!

FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE MAKE SURE YOUR SUBTITLES ARE ON FOR YOUR STAY ON DANTOOINE

apperence.2da included for those that do not already have one
if you do continue reading in the read me

As always enjoy :)

Feedback is welcome, if fact encouraged if you down load it let us know we make these mods for you to enhance your gaming experience.

download from my sig

svцsh T7 Darth333
 darth makaan
06-01-2004, 6:29 AM
very very good job as always
 Nodakrattler
06-01-2004, 7:04 AM
YES!!! I've been waiting for these, they look awsome.
 Darth_ToMeR
06-01-2004, 7:43 AM
Look good.
 Mono_Giganto
06-01-2004, 10:35 AM
That is awesome... but I don't think you said what model is replaced by the Robes... oh well I'll find out... :)...
 Darth333
06-01-2004, 10:39 AM
I maybe repeating myself but: great work as always Svцsh!!! Your skins are fantastic!!!
:thumbsup: :band1
I'm glad I could help out and i enjoyed working with you on this but I consider that you are the one who deserve all the credit :)

BTW nice new avatar :D
 Darth Straker
06-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Brilliant my friend (as always)!!!!!!!!!!!
 Colja
06-01-2004, 12:25 PM
All of you guys never cease to amaze me! Great skins and great ways to get them in-game:D
 Mono_Giganto
06-01-2004, 1:12 PM
hey svosh, would you let me use some of the textures on the tan one in a reskin i'm working on?
 SpaceAlex
06-01-2004, 1:19 PM
The robes are great. I would really like to use them, but it's kinda hard to watch the battle because the camera is jumping all around. Is it suppose to be like this?
 svцsh
06-01-2004, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
That is awesome... but I don't think you said what model is replaced by the Robes... oh well I'll find out... :)...

he he The robes work just like any other clothes you equip them in the clothing slot and it replaces your model with the hooded masked caped Revan aka unique revan 022

Originally posted byDarth333
I'm glad I could help out and i enjoyed working with you on this but I consider that you are the one who deserve all the credit

BTW nice new avatar

I couldn’t have done it without all your help in dlg and your fantastic scripts
I really enjoyed working with you to, you deserve as much credit for all of the time and help you gave to get this mod here. Making it the way we both wanted it I hope we can work together again soon.

The Avitar lol thanks, just something i threw together it was time for a change ;)

And without T7 getting this item working as a disguise for the tan robs and fallowing from his example. I got the blue one working as a disguise as well. Thanks again for all your help as always.

Originally posted by SpaceAlex The robes are great. I would really like to use them, but it's kinda hard to watch the battle because the camera is jumping all around. Is it suppose to be like this?[/B]

This model was only ever intended for cut scenes, the reason for the jumpy camera is the static cape. The camera always fallows at a specific distance from the pc the static cape is like an extension of that. So if you do a power attack and the camera get stuck up in the rafters don’t worry about it just start a conversation with the nearest npc and the cam will go back to normal. Just to let you know this not anyone’s doing but the devs @ Bio. On a side note I have gotten some cool perspective screenis because of the lofty camera :)

Thanks for the great feedback

svцsh
 SpaceAlex
06-01-2004, 1:34 PM
Made two posts. I have no idea how that happaned. The second one was posted around 14 minutes later. :( :rolleyes:
 JackJJackal
06-01-2004, 4:02 PM
Man, I love those guys! great mod you three!!!!!
 Mav
06-01-2004, 4:07 PM
svцsh you never dissapoint do you, I've been waiting for these great robes for a long time, thanks svцsh
 Loonies
06-01-2004, 4:42 PM
First let me say great reskins.

Second when i try to start a new game with this mod installed my game will crash when he is almost done with loading. I deleted the files out of my override and i can start a new game again, tried it twice to make sure it wasnt a coincidence. Is this a problem on my side or is there a little bug in the mod?
 Darth333
06-01-2004, 4:58 PM
Originally posted by Loonies
Second when i try to start a new game with this mod installed my game will crash when he is almost done with loading. I deleted the files out of my override and i can start a new game again, tried it twice to make sure it wasnt a coincidence. Is this a problem on my side or is there a little bug in the mod?

I doubt the mod would cause any such problems but i'll verify when i get home and let you know.

*edit* I got back home and tried to load a new game: everything went smooth. I really don't see any file in the mod that could cause such problem. Perhaps you have conflicting mods in your override folder. :confused:
 Loonies
06-01-2004, 5:11 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
I doubt the mod would cause any such problems but i'll verify when i get home and let you know.

/bow
 svцsh
06-01-2004, 5:45 PM
Originally posted by Loonies

I found that if I have any thing running in the background the game crashes. I also found rebooting my machine will get the game running smooth.

I just tried it and it works fine for me I tried all classes, and difficulty levels and both sexes, I think there may be something else involved here. Did you properly install the files? Did you already have an appearance.2da file? If so did you double-check the nodes were set right? And the shader al thought you may think trivial when I was testing had some rather extreme effects as in changing my pc to a black female from the outcast village. And Trask in to a walrus man ??????. or having an invisible pc because I added a 2 to the end of the shaders name. There could be any number of reasons but as far as testing goes I have tested these mods and over tested them. If you have other mods in the game it could be they are conflicting with these robes. Take all your files out of override stick them in a temp directory. Extract all the files again. Reboot and try again hope this helps.

svцsh
 Shimaon
06-01-2004, 7:16 PM
AMAZING work to all three of you... that is one nice looking robe.

Heh, now I'm all inspired to do "Revan Reborn Robes" or something of the like...
 Colma Adawin
06-01-2004, 8:22 PM
Originally posted by Shimaon
AMAZING work to all three of you... that is one nice looking robe.

Heh, now I'm all inspired to do "Revan Reborn Robes" or something of the like...

um... sorry but its two nice lookin robes. sory i'm in that mood.

my complements to the modders as well they look fantastic!
 illuzion69
06-02-2004, 12:39 AM
great work, they look really, really good. :emperor:
 meek
06-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Very nice. How did you make those extra short sabers... light daggers? :) Or is it just the screenshot (sabers just opening)?
 Colma Adawin
06-05-2004, 1:10 PM
http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p4615529.html) did you mean this one? if so he's just florishing them ( waving them ) MattCole
 meek
06-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Svцsh, I figured out where did you get that pattern on the "lid" between the legs, it's from the Tombs of Korriban.
 svцsh
06-06-2004, 4:58 PM
Actually no Meek it’s a modified version of a pattern from the temple on the unknown world thus the tie in for the Star forge. ;)

svцsh
 Ziegfried
06-06-2004, 7:59 PM
Wow kool! I was resknning revans robes but yours are way better. :cool:
 Dak_iSuk
08-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Has anyone had an instance where they can't unequip the robes? I just noticed that no matter what I equip or unequip I am stuck with the robes on. Any Ideas?

If it matters I got the robes through the holowan plugin (latest and patched) and this is the fourth or fifth time through the game (2nd with the plugin) and I never had problems before.
 AJL
08-02-2004, 2:11 PM
I don't think its good idea to use that Revan model because
its anims and such aren't finished...
 Darth333
08-02-2004, 8:50 PM
Originally posted by Dak_iSuk
Has anyone had an instance where they can't unequip the robes? I just noticed that no matter what I equip or unequip I am stuck with the robes on. Any Ideas?
I have no idea of what causes this. I have no problems removing the robes but i heard some people having similar problems with disguises in the past. I'll have a look at it sometime this week - I have to reinstall kotor first. If someone knows, what causes this, pls let us know.

Originally posted by AJL

I don"t have anything against constructive criticism but this was an empty comment.

I've seen your posts in another thread and the least I can say is that you seem extremely difficult to satisfy...is there anything you like? If not, perhaps you could do your own mods and see what you can come up with...
 Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 8:35 AM
Originally posted by AJL

Well then, why don't YOU come up with a Revan model that DOES have the animations before you critisize one of the coolest mods/modders in Holowan!? o.O We would ALL like to see such a model. :p
 Fearless_Jedi
08-03-2004, 10:02 AM
The screenshot links are broken! Someone please post a screenshot I must see what all the hype is about!!
 Darth333
08-03-2004, 10:13 AM
They work for me, try again :)
 RedHawke
08-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by AJL

Just trying to make a whole mess of new "freinds" arent you AJL?

I don"t have anything against constructive criticism but this was an empty comment.

I've seen your posts in another thread and the least I can say is that you seem extremely difficult to satisfy...is there anything you like? If not, perhaps you could do your own mods and see what you can come up with...

Darth333, I belive this poster AJL is just here trying to start flame wars. Some sad people have nothing more mature to do.
 Dak_iSuk
08-03-2004, 10:56 PM
They work for me, try again :)

hehe. Technicaly I did try again. As I said before this was the second time through with the holowan plugin and the first time through was fine. I surely would hate to be on the debugging team for a game like this. There is virtually no way to determine for me the time the robes became "stuck" or what I was doing around said unknown time.

My instincts tell me that it has something to do with the sandpeople cutscene where the charaters are stripped and taken to the cheiftan however to say this is speculation at this point is an overstatement.

Regardless the robes are sweet and being stuck in them was not a bad thing. I was moreover trying to field the question and see if anyone had a similar instance.

Thanks for taking the time to try and duplicate the error.
 svцsh
08-03-2004, 11:45 PM
humm .. I wish I could help you Dak_iSuk. I’m unfortunately having the same trouble with my new juhani mod and the appearance is staying no matter what , but I have never had the Reven Redemption Robes stick Not even during testing ? And there was a lot of that …

Any ways I’m glad you can live with them . I’m curious but say you are stuck in the blue robes can you override them with the brown and tan ones ? The funny thing about my juhani mod is I can override the appearance with Reven Redemption Robes and then take them off again but she stays as is. Oh well much more testing needed, time to get back to that.

svцsh
 Darth333
08-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Dak_iSuk
My instincts tell me that it has something to do with the sandpeople cutscene where the charaters are stripped and taken to the cheiftan however to say this is speculation at this point is an overstatement.

Thanks for taking the time to try and duplicate the error.
Err...I did not check it yet: i was talking about the links for the screenshots :D

The sand people thing gives me an idea of what to look at: the robes are a disguise (there are two more disguises in the game: the sith armor on Taris and the Sand people robes). So this could be the reason why they are not reacting like normal clothes or armor in a situation where the game is suppose to remove all the clothes your npcs are wearing. The first solution i see would be to use spells.2da to correct this but perhaps it is a bit overkill. I'm curious to see what happens on the leviathan :confused: I'll check that when i get home.

Thanks for the precise description of the problem :)
 Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 10:49 AM
The Mandalorian armor is a disguise too. Is it possible to fix this problem with KSE?
 Darth333
08-04-2004, 11:12 AM
The Mandalorian armor is a disguise too.
Which one? the original one in the game? (Sorry can't check right now i don't have my game with me.) Is it causing similar problems?
 Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 11:23 AM
I've had problems with some of my own disguise mods, none of svosh's, but I did have this problem with the Mandalorian armor once. (It's the one that disguises you to look like the Mandalorian NPCs, and it is in default KotOR) I just loaded up a quick save. I'm not sure what caused it, but I WAS on Tatooine at the time, maybe it is the sand people.
 Darth333
08-04-2004, 11:55 AM
I just loaded up a quick save. I'm not sure what caused it, but I WAS on Tatooine at the time, maybe it is the sand people.
Interesting. I'll look at this this evening. As I mentionned above, one solution would be to add a script that "turns off" the disguise effect (it is considered as an effect by the game). However, there is no script field in an .uti file so we have to put it somewhere like in spells.2da but as i said above it is a bit overkill. It is also possible to attach the script to dialog but we would have to spot all the places where this occurs and therefore this solution is even worse. I'll dig that later today or tomorrow evening.

Pls if someone has experienced something similar on the leviathan when your party get their clothes removed I'd like to know it: this will save me a lot of time testing.
 svцsh
08-04-2004, 6:24 PM
The only problem that I have found with Redemption robes if you face malak with RR robes equipped on the leviathan in the cut scene you will have no head. :confused: To prevent this just don’t’ wear them right then. ;) Besides no matter what you do to malak he wins. So no need for extra protection anyways.

svцsh
 Prime
08-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Jeez, this looks awesome!
 svцsh
08-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Thank you prime :D I haven’t seen you around in awhile.

Oh don’t cheat to get them there are a few surprises that it appears no one has seen yet because they all cheat to use them ;) me thinks

svцsh
 Mono_Giganto
08-05-2004, 8:57 AM
I got one pair without cheating... :D
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 9:04 AM
at first i used cheats to see what they look like on my screen then i got both robes the way you (svosh) intended, oh and btw, LOVE the sandy coloured one, not too keen on the blue :P

MattCole
 svцsh
08-05-2004, 8:14 PM
That’s great to hear guys, I sort of thought there would have been more feedback on that. That’s why I assumed most people just cheated to use the robes.

But at the same time people may not have wanted to reveal the surprise, and I also appreciate that as well.

Matt that’s why i made 2 identical robes except for colour some like the blue and some the tan , I like them both and use them both to change the look while playing

svцsh
 Dak_iSuk
08-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Pls if someone has experienced something similar on the leviathan when your party get their clothes removed I'd like to know it: this will save me a lot of time testing.

Since I was already stuck in the robes (the tan ones if anyone cares and for some reason I didnt have the blue ones this time) My char was wearing the robes during the interrogation.

Originally posted by svцsh
The only problem that I have found with Redemption robes if you face malak with RR robes equipped on the leviathan in the cut scene you will have no head. :confused: To prevent this just don’t’ wear them right then. ;) Besides no matter what you do to malak he wins. So no need for extra protection anyways.

svцsh

Both this and last time with the robes I was the headless Jedi in the cutscene as well :)
 Darth333
08-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on this and try to find a solution. :)
 svцsh
08-06-2004, 11:08 PM
It’s because the revan model 022 use’s an invisible head by default except at that key moment when the game uses the head you selected at the character creation screen but not if you face makak with the robes on. The only thing I can tell is some cut scenes cause the disguise to stay permanent unfortunately a new development for me to try to work on . Thanks for letting us know Dak_iSuk

svцsh
 En liten mus
08-07-2004, 4:28 AM
NICE!!!!!

I really love the blue one,
is that the one you get from the council?

ME WHANT!!! :emodanc: ME WHANT!!! :emodanc: ME WHANT!!
Page: 1 of 2