Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

lighting question

Page: 1 of 1
 saurumonk
05-31-2004, 8:43 PM
aight i expanded my rooftop and made sure that i no leakage. then I put a light near the top of with an area of 2000 (to simulate sunlight) however whenever I compile i still get an entity leak from it.. now does the full area of the light have to be within the room or I need to check the walls again... i tried this several times still get the damn leak debug msg.
 wedge2211
05-31-2004, 9:19 PM
ALL your entities need to be INSIDE the hull of structural brushes surrounding your map. If you click File > Pointfile... from the GtkRadiant menu, you'll get a red line that traces from the first entity that the compiler saw through the leak out to the leak in your map. If you get a leak, load the pointfile, filter detail (CTRL + D), entities (ALT + 2), and patches (CTRL + P), then follow the pointfile until you spot the hole in your map. Plug it with a strucural brush.

If you want a good sun effect, use one of the sky shaders that incorporates a sun light. It will have a line of code mentioning a sun...you won't miss it.
 zag
06-01-2004, 3:17 PM
use a sun light entity
theres a tutorial on map review
Page: 1 of 1