Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sneak Peek into my Work or "my first skin mod to a game"

Page: 1 of 1
 buhallin
05-31-2004, 2:02 PM
Hello, a few here i guess know me a bit always asking questions and so. :) Maybe they asked themself why i not posted the newiest brightness recolored armor ;)

Well i spent much work in it, much reading, trail and error and learning how to make a skin and bit other stuff to the game.
Never did this before.

On the following link u find a sneak peek (screenies) into my mod and what is in my mind to make and it the full skinmod is in progress still.

www.entrox.com/kotor/index.htm) (http://www.entrox.com/kotor/index.htm)

I hope one or two other players/modders here like my vision and work too.
 Darth Straker
05-31-2004, 2:19 PM
Man that's Awesome, very good indeed.
 Prime
05-31-2004, 2:23 PM
Wow! Those are really good!
 Darth_ToMeR
05-31-2004, 2:24 PM
Nice. There are two things i didn't liked.
The Saber, and the head. I liked the armor.
 Darth Khasei
05-31-2004, 2:24 PM
Very original works. Looking forward to the final release for d/l.
 Colja
05-31-2004, 2:35 PM
Very good! It is definately a unique reskin.
 svцsh
05-31-2004, 2:40 PM
looking good buhallin, you can hardly tell that’s juhani ‘s model

Keep it up ;)

svцsh
 Colma Adawin
05-31-2004, 3:57 PM
i'm not too keen on the model but thats just me, i was wondering, about your unique items do they have particular stats and mainly your lightsabre i was quite interested in its properties.

any info on your stuff would be much appreiated, MattCole

P.S. sorry forgot to mention good work impressed with the originality of your mods.
 Mono_Giganto
05-31-2004, 4:10 PM
Actually, I don't believe that is Juhani's model, I think there is a human female head that looks kinda like Juhani though.
 JackJJackal
05-31-2004, 5:39 PM
Wow....How in the world did you do that?! Very nice indeed!
 Mav
05-31-2004, 5:51 PM
Very nice stuff I suppose it's funner to reskin for the darkside, it's kinda hard to reskin for the lightside, no tatoos and such, good job
 deathdisco
05-31-2004, 7:19 PM
Superb! Even though I don't like how armor looks on the female models, these skins are excellent. A++
 T7nowhere
05-31-2004, 11:25 PM
nice, very red. ;)
 meek
06-01-2004, 3:15 AM
Wow ! Wicked and well made, keep it up! Hmm... this gives me ideas for Darth Arachne... ;)
 buhallin
06-01-2004, 4:32 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
Very nice stuff I suppose it's funner to reskin for the darkside, it's kinda hard to reskin for the lightside, no tatoos and such, good job

I go generally light side mostly and i like also in real life (my girlfriend) not the "common blond girls" so the idea with this head/underwear. Also your char was before the Dark Lord too :)

If a female (or male, me not im very causaul in this point) wears a "strange" outfit says nothing about her(his) real charakter.
From the point of view dark or light side.
 buhallin
06-01-2004, 5:12 AM
Answer other questions.

its not juhannis model its soldier body and common PC female head.
Armor is class9001 basemodel. (was "funny" to get the metal outbands in a line over front,legs and back ...)

Items have normal stats, but for me was more important to add em as new unique items not to replace existing ones.

Also i changed the armbands a bit only 1 shieldcharge but stats on em. Armbnds, headband, gauntlets are upgradeable with costum modules. (bit buggy still but genreally it works)
Saber also upgradeable, unique (not replace one).
Stats common at the moment ;)

The armor is gender specific not only texture, also the stats if carth wears it, it looks like a normal class9001 armor with only AC bonus, a female example changed NPC "Mission" or Bastila gets its full bonus/skin (also major buggy still *sigh* but this very hard to build in and my c++ skill is low and atm works only with male NPCs vs female (N)PC but not when a male PC find/use it...reloading a game also disrupt this function and so ..well was just a quick idea from me and not force on it)

This are things im working on either, but my primary point is on skins.

Thanks that few like my work , i was thinking some days before should i up my work or not....its not so common(mainstream) style. Thought even that no one like something when i look other skins.

@T7nowhere
Im partly colorblind i paint much from the stomach feeling when its to red *shrug* , but i like the contrast and many make everything blacksolidbase...so why not red and satured red i see good too ;) and its more silver(gray), red and black mixture.
Also red and females fit together and my style is a bit "dark" the armorskin fits to light side still with a dark touch.
(Good that Photoshops shows the Redblueyellow channels as numbers for me and the fields have name like "this is yellow" )

We will see if i have enough time still (ideas and pictures in my mind i have a lot) what i make next, better i must say i accomplish next, started i have few other things and my "kotormod" folder is very filled with layouts of ideas which i quick noted to remember them :/
Page: 1 of 1