Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Forge BUG!!! or crash

Page: 1 of 1
 Lorden Darkblade
05-28-2004, 4:32 PM
Ok, I started a new game in 1.00 and was on Korriban when I updated to 1.3, all went fine till I reached the Star Forge.
I landed and got out of the ship, passed the part where the Jedi's fight the Sith's on the landing place.
I got stuck here:
When you go on you will have a cutscene where the door will be locked and a small moviel will show Malak speaking with a apprentice about the Star Forge droids or something.
BUT in my game this happens:
The door gets closed then I see malak's hand and his apprentice (as usual) but they dont talk!
It stays in that screen for 2 seconds max then back to game I open the doors but cant go thru them cuz there are droids blocking the other side, they would suppose to attack me after the cutscene but they didnt and I cant attack them.
What do I do?
Can MODs affect the game like this?
PLEASE HELP!! :( :( :( :( :( :(
 T7nowhere
05-28-2004, 11:59 PM
Mods can affect the game but to do that it would have to be intensional.

I hate to say this but Im gonna have to repeat what bioware and LA says to do in this situation Reload a previous save game. hopefully you you do have more than one. you could also try to load the autosave. If that doesn't work then you could use tk102's save game editor http://www.pcgamemods.com/5272/) and try playing witht the globals it sounds as though something is being missed fired so the droids wont trigger.
 Lorden Darkblade
05-29-2004, 1:51 PM
ok, I passed the droids dunno how yet, but the problem is, when i get to the part where Malak and his apprentice where talking I notice that they are still there!
I cant talk with them and cant attack them.
And I dont know how to use the global thing from the savegame editor.
Any help would be avery good :(

UPDATE:
I have more weird news, i kept going on and was able to end the game but I lost several special battles and cut-scenes.
I lost the fight with his apprentice and the other 3 one that are red, blue and black, Bastila didnt stayed in the command room to use the battle meditation, instead she jsut frozed in a spot and didnt moved.
I lost several cut-scenes like the one Vandar see's that Bastila is using the Battle Meditation against them and I encontered Malak alot more times in the game but just like before, I cant talk with him and cant kill him.
but i was able to end the game but this worries me.
what if it happens again when I start a new game?
should I repatch the game? Answer: repatching didnt worked.
 T7nowhere
05-30-2004, 3:34 AM
The only time I ever ran into anything like this was right after I escaped the leviathan. What happend was instead of going to the next planet I was still in the ebon hawk and the galaxy map would not work. I simply loaded another save game right before the encounter with malak and everthing was fine. So I doubt that would happen to you again But I do recomend reinstalling the game.
 Lorden Darkblade
05-30-2004, 2:25 PM
I reinstalled and started a new game with the Padawan MOD 1.3 (i'm tired of being an soldier :P )
Lets see how things go now and I hope it dont happen with the save of my brother he's at Taris just got there after the Endar Spire.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-02-2004, 5:22 PM
Oh well it has happened again!
Please I beg of you HELP ME!!

EDIT: more news, I already kept going once with this error and I was able to finish the game, the error seems to be with the apprentice, cuz ib the next scene where Malak is looking to the some place where ships are being made he says to the apprentice:
Why have you disturbed me?
Then he has no asnwer. The apprentice should asnwer him but he dont do it.
What makes me think that the problem is happening with the Apprentice and not a FULL BUG as I was thinking.

Please guys, give me a hand here!!
:cry6: :cry6: :cry6: :cry6: :cry6: :cry6:
 Mav
06-02-2004, 6:45 PM
sorry, but I really don't know what is causing the problem, my suggestion is to take all the files out of your override folder and put them somewhere safe, then completely uninstall KotOR, run a virus scan of your system (just to make sure you clean up everything) and then re-install KotOR, that is my best advice seeing as I am no official computer tech. or anything
 Lorden Darkblade
06-02-2004, 10:58 PM
I already did that, I unstalled everything then started a new game and put all the MODs again.
I tryied without the 1.3 version and same thing happened.
Could I be forgeting to do something?
 Lorden Darkblade
06-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Ok, I removed the 3 MODs and entered the Star Forge again.
It doest matter if I already landed on it what matters if that I dont left the ship b4 the save.
The MODs I removed were:
Force Gloves and Fuel of Hate by Svosh
and
Revan, Bastila and Sith Pack by RedHawke (tho the items remained I dont understand why).
What make me think that Svosh MODs are the one that bug my game.
I'll make more trys tomorrow and see what it leads to.
If anyone got anything to say please do cuz I'm a but lost now...
 svцsh
06-07-2004, 8:41 PM
Ok first off no way are my mods crashing your game I use the very same mods as I put on the Internet. I have been to the sf plenty of times with my mods. My item where the first things I made and I’m sorry to tell you but my game has never crash because of my mods.

svцsh
 RedHawke
06-07-2004, 11:12 PM
I am going to have to agree with Svosh, there is no way our mods are crashing the game.

I also have extensively used, and still use, the mods I put up for download, and they have never crashed a game I was playing that contained any of my mods.

If the crash problem persists you might want to check to see if you have a program running on your computer in the background, or something like that.

Originally posted by ReLoaD2K
Revan, Bastila and Sith Pack by RedHawke (tho the items remained I dont understand why).

The items will remain in your saved game even after removing them from the override because the save game holds all of the party, item, and areas visited information.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Ok, people calm down, I'm just saying what I think it was...
I dont mean to offend you guys. But after I removed your MODs the game stopped of doing that problem with the Apprentice.

EDIT: I'm ready to apologize you both, I tryied it again and it worked. Which makes my problem even more weird dont you think?
Any explanations will be appreciated...
 RedHawke
06-13-2004, 12:43 AM
Ok, people calm down, I'm just saying what I think it was...
I dont mean to offend you guys. But after I removed your MODs the game stopped of doing that problem with the Apprentice.

EDIT: I'm ready to apologize you both, I tryied it again and it worked. Which makes my problem even more weird dont you think?
Any explanations will be appreciated...

Dude, the game itself gets corrupt sometimes you have to remember to save, save, save, usually before a major game event, leaving, or arriving at a planet, etc.

The only reason I'm responding defensively is that you were saying it was our mods and not allowing for the possibility it was the game itself. I knew it had to be the game, because mine also has had... shall I say... hiccups.:D And you just have to reload from a previous save and press on. Like Darth333 says "Save Often."

The first time I played the game (No Mods) I had one glitch where I forgot to save and had to do all of Manaan over!!!:eek:

And lastly, ReLoaD2K my only request is for you to edit your posts in the Holowan Labs and add what you said in the Edit above to them, that you got it working. Especially this post;

T7nowhere I dont wanna teach you how to do it but just be sure to test A LOT RedHawke MODs with Svцsh ones....
I had that problem with them.

In it you are basically telling T7 not to use our mods, that they are detrimental. Absolutely NOT our intentions!

I am glad you finally got it working!:D
 Lorden Darkblade
06-13-2004, 1:00 AM
Consider it DONE!!
and again sorry..
 RedHawke
06-13-2004, 1:30 AM
No problem!:D
Page: 1 of 1