Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Skinchange on Items like masks?

Page: 1 of 1
 buhallin
05-26-2004, 4:31 PM
Let start i tried to change the skin for example Verpine head band.

i extract the .tga file with KT , changed it a bit with PS and saved it back to override.

But it wont change ingame.

Next i tried to make my own item and set the modeltype and texturevar to example 20 i know theres no other mask with 20.

copied the .mdl and .mdx file (g_i_mask11) renamed to G_I_mask20.mdl/-mdx and edited the .mdl file with ultraedit and changed the names of the .tga (search and renamed to verpbnd20.

All i got was a buggy granada in the invetory which was not euipable or useable :confused:

I viewd through to .2da files but found nothing.

Any ideas one?

Want to change the verpine headband and the bio mask that it fits my new first kotor skin too before i up a screenshot :D
And they look ugly now a bit in the original colours...in that combine with my selfmade armorskin.
 Mono_Giganto
05-26-2004, 4:58 PM
What name did you save the file under? The texture files have kinda weird names. Like clothing, its name is P(F,M)BB(S,M,L). Just pick a letter to insert. :) But my point is that you may have just named it incorrectly or something, I'll take a look at it in a minute.
 svцsh
05-26-2004, 5:12 PM
Actually I have made unique masks and used 20 , 21 , and 30 for my mdl numbers :D
Your welcome to download them and tear them apart if you want to see what I did.

Ok the default image was I_VerpHBnd.tga so name yours I_VerpBBnd.tga change the H with B I chose b for your name ;)

The images have to be saved in 32 bit format with alpha channels. Or they will not work in the game at all. Everything else sound right to me. The mdl and mdx both have a name change. So if you use i_mask_025.mdl then it must be i_mask_025.mdx make sure in the mdl file the all textures point to your new one. some items have more then one reference in the .mdl (light sabers and player models.)

In the uti what ever you name your model variation ex: 25 must be the same for your custom icon to work as well so it would be ii_mask_025

Name the .uti g_i_mask25.uti use giveitem g_i_ mask25 the cheat code to get it in the game use the lower case g_i_ I don’t know if that’s the problem it could be the game is fussy about things it doesn’t like

I hope this helps svцsh
 buhallin
05-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Ah thx svцsh i try that out.

In the MDL File there are two file entries one with the texture name and one with the "item name" i changed both.

in the uti file i had 20 as modelvariation .

Well i play around with it and when everything fails i DL your set to see what i did wrong but before try myself.

Guess i had no own icon in the override hmm first i need to finish the new head of the entire set to fits the armor but maybe u know how to include baremetal thingy into head model maybe isnetead of the glass/invisible thing now (my other post with the 3 questions for details)
 svцsh
05-28-2004, 4:14 PM
buhallin Any luck with that ? i think the problem was the name of your .tga

"the default image was I_VerpHBnd.tga so name yours I_VerpBBnd.tga change the H with B I chose b for your name ;)"

so extract the original mdl and mdx again and only change 1 character in the hex editor for the textures name. Now it should work please let me know

svцsh
 buhallin
05-29-2004, 6:01 AM
Yep the problem was i had NO II_name.tga for the icon, after adding this it worked(works now).

A head ache i get from those damn TXI files, they not work with my KotoR.

I downloaded now few mods where i saw they use txi files to have shinning (baremetal) on hilt of a lightsaber or masks and so on.

All i get is always glasslike invisible objects, with or without .txi file when i use the Alpha1 in Photoshop. With the Armor (no .txi file) it works pretty nice but on saberhilt or mask --> glas/invisible everything gets what i paint dark in alpha1 channel instead of bright sparkling in the sun :D

Well the effekt is also good, used to cut a bit the edges of the ears from the head model...but i use a verpineband.

Made the txi file with notepad and ultraedit(great editor hexing and so on with no filesizelimit) and wrote in what u posted in other thread with

envmaptexture[ENTER]
cm_baremetal[FILEEND]

Changed my entire Head now (anyway encessary because bioware made them as hell of a model when the "closed eye skin*" is a part of the hair , the eye at the point from the ear and otherway and other jokes like one pixel for an area of 15x30pixel)

Well it would look better the new mask and sabre hilt with baremetal effekt but *sigh* i don't find the problem.

I name the .txi same to the .tga file.

* my englishskill is bit rusted, cant remember the word for this ;)
 meek
05-29-2004, 9:33 AM
Wow... thanks guys, this thread taught me to make my own items, without replacing the existing ones.
 buhallin
05-29-2004, 1:59 PM
Im not 100% sure, but it seems that i fixed the problem with the TXI files on my computer (NUMblock Enter Key instead of the other helped) , but now i have more work got my old head style and items out of the box and make(some made) so i liked before.

@Meek
Thats why i was asking, there are many threads but with only a bit of useful info and in the sticky ones was also nothing about it.
Finally i was simple missing the icon file...

And the all saying question in the titel of the threads helps alot now others :D
 svцsh
05-29-2004, 3:44 PM
Happy to help meek, and I’m really glad we got that sorted out
Buhallin as for your head question if you change DEFAULT to
CM_barmetal ( case sensitive) in th envmap of apperences.2da file. For your particular head texture. Tell me the texture name the original and your player class, SCOUT, SCOUNDREL, SOLDIER and the sex male, or female. And I’ll tell you what line in appearance.2da file to change. I was looking for the guide but I can' t seem to find it I know Kitty had posted something on heads the basics are this

These are just examples

the textures
pfhb01 = player, female, head or human ? Black, first character choice

pmhc03 player, male, head or human, ? Caucasian, third character choice

classes
small = SCOUNDREL

medium = SCOUT

large = SOLDIER

player models in appearance.2da
P_FEM_A_LRG_03 this = player, female, Asian, Soldier, third head model

P_MAL_B_SML_05 this = player, male, Black, Scoundrel, fifth head model

Btw if you release your mask change the number from 20 to 25 or some thing as I stated before I have made 3 masks 20 , 21, and 30 it just helps to prevent people from over writing my files with your or vice a versa :)

Keep up the great work both of you

svцsh
Page: 1 of 1