Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The UK opens first embryotic stem cell bank

Page: 1 of 1
 El Sitherino
05-21-2004, 9:12 AM
look here! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3725935.stm)

I really look forward to the things they find. I'm also curious as to what many of you think about this.
 --ZeeMan--
05-21-2004, 12:28 PM
things they could find?

could hypothetically become just about anything with the right tweaking
 ET Warrior
05-22-2004, 1:46 AM
I really hope this blows medicine wide open, and with years of work maybe we'll finally be able to cure the uncurables! That will be awesome.
 toms
05-22-2004, 8:06 AM
this is ours (yay!). well, a bit of it anyway....

Could (hopefully) sort out a lot of currently uncurable diseases. I'm hoping they sort out a lot of the ones to do with ageing (parkinsons, etc...) in the next 30 years.

Should be obvious why....:D
 ShadowTemplar
05-26-2004, 11:56 AM
"Experiments using adult stem cells, that is, stem cells taken from various sources in the patient's own body, and cells taken from discarded umbilical cords, have already proved remarkably effective."

Sorry to say so, but that's bull****. Every half-competent highschool firstyear knows that adult stem cells are not half as potent as embryonic ones. I don't know what Bible Belt College rigged the results he's referring to (if they even exist), but I suppose that it shouldn't be surprising that a priest has a lax relationship with the truth. And he's supposed to champion moral standards. Disgusting.

Cool it, dude. He does raise a valid point and doesn't deserve to get bashed because of his profession for this. -C'
Page: 1 of 1