Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need a Star Wars name!

Page: 1 of 1
 Skuttle
05-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Any suggestions?

In most games ive just gone by skuttle :p which has worked with UT series quite well, but need a Star Warsish name.
Any suggestions on how to get one?
 StormHammer
05-19-2004, 3:48 AM
Skuttle sounds okay to me. Just shove 'Commander' in front of it to give it a military feel. :D
 Xirion
05-19-2004, 6:13 AM
everyone kinda does that :P
theres no foot soldiers in the SW universe just officers!
 yaebginn
05-19-2004, 9:27 AM
i got one Kian Lavisher. Feel free to use it. or...Dav Raloul
 Sivy
05-19-2004, 10:05 AM
try this star wars name generator

http://www.insectdissection.com/save-curtis/swname/)
 Sabretooth
05-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Try these on for size:

Azenite
Darth Qollous
Verantos Masquod
Mordale Korr

Be sure to advertise my fanfic with them.

Try these also-

Ferd Heerin
Qwerty Asd :D
Xekl Donnanha'lio
Cersat Te'gion
 VanLingo
05-19-2004, 1:14 PM
Nah, go with something you can at least pronounce...

Usually, I use a real name and change the spelling. Or use words that weren't intended as names.

Ex:
Tuba Grin
Hatchet Melee

Ex:
Kyrk Dugglas
Jorge Lookis
Jakk Nykklsen
Carsin Daylie
(don't use thei real names, just mix and match)
 yaebginn
05-19-2004, 7:05 PM
Here's my name. It may seem familiar, but trust me, I came up with it all by myself, here it is-Van Lingo. And thats just off the top of my head. Oh, btw, I think mine are the best. Not my joke one, my ones from a few posts up.
 StormHammer
05-20-2004, 1:31 AM
I wrote a 'name generator' in BASIC once (not for SW, but just for fantasy type names), which used to print out reams of nonsense, but you'd find the odd gem hidden away. You just apply some basic rules, like inserting vowels after a certain number of consonants etc.

That SW name generator Siv linked to has some whacky results. It's basically one of those things that takes the first 3 letters from whatever you write, and splices them together. Sometimes it works...sometimes it looks silly. :p

It's probably easier to try it out on a piece of paper.

Another idea is to look at a post like this and reverse every word in it...read them backwards, basically. Sometimes that helps. :D

Like...'read them' could become 'Meth Daer'.
 VanLingo
05-20-2004, 4:32 AM
You know how I made my name?

Van - For some reason, I love this name. Someday I'd like to have a son to name Van. Inspiration: Van Morrison

Lingo - As a kid, my favorite Burger King Kid's Club member was Lingo. For some reason, that name stuck all these years. Inspiration: Too many Burger King commercials

It was sheer coincidence that Van Lingo sounded so much like my favorite Star Wars character, Han Solo.

Side note: if you ever watch the blooper reels on the Episode I and II DVDs, you'll find that the man who designed all of the menus and directed the layout is named Van Ling. Creepy.
 Xirion
05-20-2004, 7:04 AM
creepy indeed!
 SkullHW™
05-20-2004, 2:58 PM
Darth Majorus maybe?

Oh right he's copyrighted :D
 Mountainforest
05-20-2004, 4:04 PM
Originally posted by VanLingo
You know how I made my name?

Van - For some reason, I love this name. Someday I'd like to have a son to name Van. Inspiration: Van Morrison

Lingo - As a kid, my favorite Burger King Kid's Club member was Lingo. For some reason, that name stuck all these years. Inspiration: Too many Burger King commercials

It was sheer coincidence that Van Lingo sounded so much like my favorite Star Wars character, Han Solo.

Side note: if you ever watch the blooper reels on the Episode I and II DVDs, you'll find that the man who designed all of the menus and directed the layout is named Van Ling. Creepy.

I alway's have the feeling you're from the netherlands (just like me!), because there 'van' could be a... How do you call it? The tihing between you're first and last name... Anyway, it sounds very dutch.
 Xirion
05-21-2004, 12:55 AM
hes from texas i gather
 Mountainforest
05-21-2004, 3:33 AM
Originally posted by Xirion
hes from texas i gather

I know, but is still sounds Dutch...
 Xirion
05-21-2004, 6:32 AM
everything sounds dutch! :P
especially after a few drinks :)
 VanLingo
05-21-2004, 7:04 PM
lol, Xirion!

Yes, I'm from Texas. At least I am at the moment...
 yaebginn
05-21-2004, 7:16 PM
Here's a good name for a smuggler. Han Smolo. It's like te original, but just different enough so you can get away with it.
 VanLingo
05-21-2004, 9:06 PM
No, that's a bit too close, I think.
 yaebginn
05-21-2004, 9:27 PM
Isnt your namne taken from the blooper reel guy on the DVDs? Dont get started to me on too close. Both names are different buy one letter in the last name. Hmph.
 VanLingo
05-22-2004, 1:43 AM
If you'll read a few posts up, I just told you how I made this name. The fact that the DVD guy's name is so close is a coincidence.

I made up this name long before Episode I was released on DVD.
 Alegis
05-23-2004, 3:49 AM
give skuttle a star wars feeling? Oh thats a very complicated process;

WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THE PROCESS:
-1 un-starwars-feeling-name
-1 pair of brains
-1 internet browser

STEPS
First of all, be very careful. I cannot be held responsible for any mishaps

1) Take the name
2) Gently, add the word 'Darth' in front of it

There ya go
My nick is actually an edit on a star wars nick gen. i once did (from Aleers to Alegis)
 Xirion
05-23-2004, 8:26 AM
i dont think he was star warsing skuttle just looking for a name to use, not every uses their Handle as game name :)
Page: 1 of 1