Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Holowan spire released

Page: 1 of 1
 Doom_Dealer
05-18-2004, 12:07 PM
ok this is the first module of mine im releasing, so download and take a look.

I made this mod as a test when i was learning module editing/creating and making dialogues and using animations and scripts.
I decided to put some well known characters from holowan laboriteries forums on and see how i could affect them
in scripting, and dialouge. (n/b if you are a frequent poster on the labs and are not included please dont take offence,
but I didn't have enought time)
The mod is set on an endar spire module renamed the 'holowan spire'. You can explore and
interact with many characters:
1.Talk to me (Doom Dealer)about how much you like the mod
2.Talk to Admiral Chemix
3.Buy rare items from a droid merchant.
4.Watch 'Colja the Tarantank fight Pascalneder the Rancor
5.Talk to Darth Straker about his plans for his sith armarda domination, and then fry him with lightning.(no offense ment ;))
6.Talk to Prime
7.Talk to Gameunlimeted
8.Talk to Darth333
9.Discuss what you think of me with T7Nowhere
10.Talk to Fred Tetra
11.Watch Dark Jedi mgnails fight Jedi Knight Tk102
12. and more

make sure you explore all the possible dialogue options!!!! theres some surprises

link and screenshot:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/5367.html)

LF link here (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?action=file&id=850).

FEEDBACK VERY WELCOME.
 Darth Straker
05-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Well thanks a lot! lol
 Doom_Dealer
05-18-2004, 12:23 PM
sorry :) but you were kind of my test dummy for the script. But you do get free advertisement for your sith armarda mod,
just think, download it and you can fry youself, your standing in front of a big map on the bridge planning your invasion with your armarda (tells you in convo).

Originally posted by Darth Straker
Well thanks a lot! lol
 Darth_ToMeR
05-18-2004, 12:27 PM
Very nice
 Colja
05-18-2004, 12:43 PM
I am a beast?!?!? Thnx for the cameo. Lookin' real good.
 Doom_Dealer
05-18-2004, 12:47 PM
lol, i was going to try and find something close to your lizard skin thing (from your avatar) but i needed someone to play the role of the big scary tarantanak, and i picked you, dont you feel so powerful.
 deathdisco
05-18-2004, 1:04 PM
Nice work!
One thing I noticed is your dialog(that is your character's) dosen't have subtitles for most of it. Other than that keep up the good work.
 Doom_Dealer
05-18-2004, 1:08 PM
ye i noticed that too, sorry, but i didnt bother looking to far into it, not a major bug. I'd rather concentrate on getting more people in for version 2 atm.

Originally posted by deathdisco
Nice work!
One thing I noticed is your dialog(that is your character's) dosen't have subtitles for most of it. Other than that keep up the good work.
 Admiral Chemix
05-18-2004, 2:02 PM
great work dude, always nice to see a new module,
 pascalneder009
05-18-2004, 2:20 PM
hahahhahahahah cool im too in tha mod thanks man!
 Darth Straker
05-18-2004, 2:22 PM
I was always wanted to fry myself.
hehehe
 Nodakrattler
05-18-2004, 2:31 PM
Looks interesting. I'll give it a wirl.
 PrtyLizardJedi
05-18-2004, 2:53 PM
FORGET ME! MISREAD!
 PrtyLizardJedi
05-18-2004, 2:58 PM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer

4.Watch 'Colja the Tarantank fight Pascalneder the Rancor

[/B]

It's terentatek
 Nodakrattler
05-18-2004, 3:36 PM
That's sweet! You going to add more stuff?

Duh! It's a test thing.
 Doom_Dealer
05-18-2004, 4:14 PM
Originally posted by PrtyLizardJedi
FORGET ME! MISREAD!

well sorry mate, i didnt have enough time to add you, you were in mind when i said no offense to anyone i missed, dont get all upset. Besides i actually spent 15 mins searching for a trandoshan npc for you, so youve not been forgotten.

and yes, i may do one more version with more characters, there is lots of room in the hallways for people so ill consider it. I want to try out some more sripts such as talk-fight-talk so i may release an updated version later.

edit
-- infact, if you want to be in the next version, just pm me with the type of character you want. I can place you in but i cant guarantee a dlg with it aswell.
 Darth Straker
05-18-2004, 4:23 PM
In the next make me as a Krayt dragon :D
 Mono_Giganto
05-18-2004, 4:24 PM
Can I be added in as a gizka or a tach? :)
 Shogun 144
05-18-2004, 4:54 PM
Excuse me for sounding like a newb, but how do you get to the Holowan Spire?
 Mex
05-18-2004, 5:00 PM
Oooh, good work!

Maybe in the next one, I could be a crazed Sand Person? [Not an agressive character, I just sell useless stuff like Bantha poodoo..] ^_^;
 Doom_Dealer
05-18-2004, 5:56 PM
Originally posted by Shogun 144
Excuse me for sounding like a newb, but how do you get to the Holowan Spire?

sorry i forgot put it in the readme, kinda second nature for me now :S

anyway, palce holowspire.mod into the modules folder, and when in game open console and type:

warp holowspire

and ill say again - if you want to be included PM ME!!!!!! i dont want the feedback filled with requests!!!! if its not a pm it doesnt get considered, sorry.
 shosey
05-18-2004, 7:06 PM
looks good buddy - I like it :)
 T7nowhere
05-18-2004, 8:46 PM
Ok this is the second Time I had to kill myself. first was with tk102's mod and now yours :) hmm. Nice one Doom_Dealer. Thats a great start. :)
 Jackel
05-19-2004, 1:23 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Ok this is the second Time I had to kill myself. first was with tk102's mod and now yours :) hmm. Nice one Doom_Dealer. Thats a great start. :)

ever get the feeling maybe people are trying to tell you something :D

downloading this now , will try it out tonight , man i havent even loaded up KOTOR for a week or more , or even looked at making new itemsd since i sent those ones off to you T7
 RedHawke
05-19-2004, 2:34 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere

Yeah and when I killed you T7 you only left me a lousy Advanced Medpack, whats up with that? :D

Possibly having some Pre-Packaged Spice on your remains would have been better. :D

[Homer Voice]Hmm Pre-Packaged Spice...[/Homer Voice]

Seriously though, its a cool mod Doom Dealer and it definately shows a ton of what can be done, can't wait for the next version.
 PrtyLizardJedi
05-19-2004, 7:00 AM
well sorry mate, i didnt have enough time to add you, you were in mind when i said no offense to anyone i missed, dont get all upset. Besides i actually spent 15 mins searching for a trandoshan npc for you, so youve not been forgotten.

and yes, i may do one more version with more characters, there is lots of room in the hallways for people so ill consider it. I want to try out some more sripts such as talk-fight-talk so i may release an updated version later.

edit
-- infact, if you want to be in the next version, just pm me with the type of character you want. I can place you in but i cant guarantee a dlg with it aswell.

No, I first misread, I meant forget what I said!
 Colma Adawin
05-19-2004, 12:04 PM
I know this is a tad bit late but i've only just tried it and my thoughts are: that you really should've gone into this way back when

nice mod, oh and no offence T7nowhere, had fun killing you (te he) na i don't mean that
 Ziegfried
05-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Woo thats really kool, pity im too much of a newb in this forum to make a cameo appearance (maybe as a luckless sith trooper in the middle of colja and the other guy :D. Have you scaled those monsters as they seem a bit small in the screenie (my new graphics card so I can play is in the post atmo) or is it the angle. Wow how hard was it to do that modding?

:trooper:
 Doom_Dealer
05-19-2004, 1:07 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
I know this is a tad bit late but i've only just tried it and my thoughts are: that you really should've gone into this way back when

say what???

Originally posted by Ziegfried
Woo thats really kool, pity im too much of a newb in this forum to make a cameo appearance (maybe as a luckless sith trooper in the middle of colja and the other guy . Have you scaled those monsters as they seem a bit small in the screenie (my new graphics card so I can play is in the post atmo) or is it the angle. Wow how hard was it to do that modding?

No, there is a small rancor in game, and the other creature is also supposed to be that size.
 Ziegfried
05-19-2004, 1:16 PM
Oh ok :)
 Darth333
05-20-2004, 2:23 AM
Doom Dealer: I have this morphing thing for your mod but your PM mailbox is full!!!
 Doom_Dealer
05-20-2004, 6:10 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Doom Dealer: I have this morphing thing for your mod but your PM mailbox is full!!!

emptied, resend please :)
 Doom_Dealer
05-20-2004, 1:08 PM
just to let you know version 1.1 is nearly ready.
However i have made around 10 spaces availible for anyone that wants them.
If you want to have a cameo in the next version, post here or PM me.
so get postin.
 Darth333
05-20-2004, 1:16 PM
just to let you know version 1.1 is nearly ready.
However i have made around 10 spaces availible for anyone that wants them.
If you want to have a cameo in the next version, post here or PM me.
so get postin.

I hope you left me my part ;) Are you keeping your new apprearance?
 Ziegfried
05-20-2004, 1:21 PM
*Raises hand high into the air and jumps about* Pick me! Oh me! Come on over here, no! Over here! No! Dont pick him! :(

:p
 *Atris*
05-20-2004, 1:59 PM
:rhett: :monkey4:

Pick ME................please
 Mono_Giganto
05-20-2004, 4:22 PM
Oh hey Doom, I've been having a problem with pcgamemods lately, and I can't get on, so if you have the time, could you put it up to your old site too?
 Doom_Dealer
05-20-2004, 4:25 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Oh hey Doom, I've been having a problem with pcgamemods lately, and I can't get on, so if you have the time, could you put it up to your old site too?

i dont know, i think it might send the bandwidth of again., just wait till the next ones up.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
05-20-2004, 10:53 PM
hey DD do u think that u could add me as what i asked in the pm but make me "battle-able" and add a few of my items to the inventory like the darksaber or heart of darkness saber or something i'll leave the items used to your descretion all of which if u don't have can be found at my site the link is below

i haven't had the chance too play with your mod yet as the only save i have the hawk in i'm on the leviathen and keep getting killed or bored before i get off of it but i'll post feedback on it when i play with it
 Mav
05-21-2004, 12:10 AM
any idea as to why the link isn't working for me?
 Darth333
05-21-2004, 12:20 AM
Err... I think Maverick was talking about the PCgamemods link.

See this thread:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127458)

There's something about Kazaa users.

*hey your post is gone tk!*
 Doom_Dealer
05-21-2004, 4:41 AM
Originally posted by JedI_XtRmIsT
hey DD do u think that u could add me as what i asked in the pm but make me "battle-able" and add a few of my items to the inventory like the darksaber or heart of darkness saber or something i'll leave the items used to your descretion all of which if u don't have can be found at my site the link is below

i haven't had the chance too play with your mod yet as the only save i have the hawk in i'm on the leviathen and keep getting killed or bored before i get off of it but i'll post feedback on it when i play with it

i think i already added you, but i dont think ive done a dialogue, so i'll do that next, you can be my talk-fight-talk script test.
Anyway you can warp to the holowspire from anywhere, just put
warp holowspire into console.

you can warp when paused so getting killed shouldnt be a problem
 Mono_Giganto
05-21-2004, 4:35 PM
i dont know, i think it might send the bandwidth of again., just wait till the next ones up.

That's what I mean, the next version lol. (With me in it of course :))
 JedI_XtRmIsT
05-21-2004, 6:02 PM
i think i already added you, but i dont think ive done a dialogue, so i'll do that next, you can be my talk-fight-talk script test.
Anyway you can warp to the holowspire from anywhere, just put
warp holowspire into console.

you can warp when paused so getting killed shouldnt be a problem

did u make the ebon hawk basement? if so thats the one i meant if not then....yea thats the mod i haven't play with yet

edit: nevermind i just saw it was shosey that made it sorry for the mix up
 Caporegime1986
05-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Ohhh Ohhhh....
Your making a version 2?
If you are please include me if you have the time!
I realize I'm not a frequent poster, BUT you can get some really interesting conversations with the Mafia in KOTOR!
"Hello, what is it you contact me for?"
"Erm, okay..."
"I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse, don't worry"
"Go away!"
"What you talk to me like that? You don't even bother to call me godfather..."
"SHUT UP!"
"Spacer, we're bigger than Korriban Steel..."
LOL!
-Capo
Page: 1 of 1