Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dying sand people in trailer!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Lt. Havoc
05-16-2004, 7:35 PM
There are scenes in the main trailer which show a standard Rebel soldier on a Tatootine-like planet blasting in and around Tuscan raider huts. You see there sand people getting wasted. It makes me curious, which faction are the sand people with. Anyone else notice this? Its 2/3 of the way through it, right after it says "capture it".

Also if Luke said "If there is a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that's farthest from..." in reference to Tatooine. In Episode 1 They mention several times that Tatooine is on the outer rim. For such an isolated planet which never really had a hand in the grand scheme of things (according to the films) why do game makers always have a tatooine level? Yeah its a place we can all recognize but how accurate is that. Why not make up a similar but different desert planet? Oh well.

Look for those sand people.
 Sounds Risky
05-16-2004, 9:02 PM
They attack everything.
 Eagle Warrior
05-16-2004, 9:22 PM
any destroye everything and kill egverything and eat everything and......
 Fleab
05-16-2004, 9:45 PM
Because if they didn't put tatooine in then there would be a pretty big uproar from the fans. Maybe not from you or me but from a lot of others.
 TK-8252
05-17-2004, 1:11 AM
The Tusken Raiders are not a playable class. They're NPCs on a Tatooine map, like Ewoks on Endor.
 Eagle Warrior
05-17-2004, 10:00 PM
if you mess wiht them oyu will...jsut odnt messes with them alone only in a group or in a ship.... a BIG ship
 TK-8252
05-17-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Eagle Warrior
if you mess wiht them oyu will...jsut odnt messes with them alone only in a group or in a ship.... a BIG ship

What?
 Eagle Warrior
05-18-2004, 3:15 PM
if you mess with them you want to mess with them in groups or in a BIG ship:D
 tFighterPilot
05-18-2004, 4:09 PM
Ship?

Anyway, Lt. Havoc, read before you ask.
 Eagle Warrior
05-18-2004, 4:41 PM
ships ya like a at-at republic gun ship ect;)
 yaebginn
05-18-2004, 4:46 PM
at ats o tatooine? Dream game? I think so. I jsut realized the possibilites of this game. Lemme sum it up...awesome. Wow, Jedi starfighters on naboo, at ats on tatooine. wow.
 Eagle Warrior
05-18-2004, 5:34 PM
lets use some common sense;) was i talking about tatoiine no i was talking aobut ships/veichles.;)
 yaebginn
05-18-2004, 7:38 PM
way to kill my hopes and/or dreams
 Eagle Warrior
05-18-2004, 8:35 PM
your welcome it was a pleasure doing buisness wiht you:D
 Isair
05-20-2004, 8:52 AM
Originally posted by Eagle Warrior
if you mess with them you want to mess with them in groups or in a BIG ship:D

Why would you even want to fight them in enourmous groups?
 Mountainforest
05-20-2004, 11:48 AM
About the 'why tatooine?' issue. I'm a star wars fan so I like tatooine in a star wars game. What about you?
 Lt. Havoc
05-20-2004, 3:08 PM
About the Tatooine issue, well I'm a fan too and have been for 27 years. I just found it interesting that a planet which was supposed to be on the ass end of space, a place where until chasing Leia the Empire didn't have much to with, a place Obi-Wan saw fit to hide himself and Luke on, would ultimately get so much attention thanks to the lesser imaginative game makers.
I love the saga but reflect on the remarks made in the movies. Developers could satisfy fans with a Tatooine-like planet without it being Tatooine. With the vastness of the Star Wars galaxy why must we always see the same planets?

I can answer my own question. Its for the same reason why people like all the MOH/CoD games or all the Terminator movies or all the Doom clone games. They like the first and want more but more of the exact same each time. Deviate too much and you've lost a fan.

There's be 25+ years of Star Wars books and media, it might be cool to use some of those areas only described in books or briefly mentioned in film. Yeah, I know the impact isn't as good because we never got the visuals for those places and people wouldn't recognize them but it gives the developers more of an artistic license.
 Evil Dark Jedi
05-23-2004, 1:57 AM
tuscan raiders are the neutral class on tatooine so they attack both rebels and imperials.I also read if you kill all the tuskens you can take over there camp!
 joesdomain
05-23-2004, 4:31 AM
I hope they include Jabba's Palace and his goons into the game. That would be an awesome game. Jabba and his gang taking a neutral stance and fight both empire and rebels.
 tFighterPilot
05-23-2004, 7:06 AM
Originally posted by Lt. Havoc
About the Tatooine issue, well I'm a fan too and have been for 27 years. I just found it interesting that a planet which was supposed to be on the ass end of space, a place where until chasing Leia the Empire didn't have much to with, a place Obi-Wan saw fit to hide himself and Luke on, would ultimately get so much attention thanks to the lesser imaginative game makers.
I love the saga but reflect on the remarks made in the movies. Developers could satisfy fans with a Tatooine-like planet without it being Tatooine. With the vastness of the Star Wars galaxy why must we always see the same planets?

I can answer my own question. Its for the same reason why people like all the MOH/CoD games or all the Terminator movies or all the Doom clone games. They like the first and want more but more of the exact same each time. Deviate too much and you've lost a fan.

There's be 25+ years of Star Wars books and media, it might be cool to use some of those areas only described in books or briefly mentioned in film. Yeah, I know the impact isn't as good because we never got the visuals for those places and people wouldn't recognize them but it gives the developers more of an artistic license. The tatooine level may very well be after the events of ANH, when the empire did know Tatooine.

I don't care so much about it anyway, the planet I'm really looking for is Hoth.
 yaebginn
05-23-2004, 8:45 AM
lets not fool ourselves. Like, Kamino is not of episode 3, it is of episode 2. Not everything is going to be according to the movies. Tatooine, for a backwater planet, sure gets alot of attention, so they put it in the movies. I'm glad they did, I like tatooine. I like the number of choices of planets you can play.
 SonOdin
06-02-2004, 7:34 PM
Yes, I want Jabba!
You fight again Gamoreans, fall into the rancor̉‘s pit and end as lunch for the rancor... great
 tFighterPilot
06-03-2004, 6:22 AM
Originally posted by SonOdin
Yes, I want Jabba!
You fight again Gamoreans, fall into the rancor̉‘s pit and end as lunch for the rancor... great no.
 SonOdin
06-03-2004, 6:06 PM
Oh Yes.
 Drax Kreiger
06-03-2004, 7:04 PM
Maybe if you took Jabba's palace you would have a rancor fight on your side. That would be awesome.
 Nevhision
06-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Yes its nice to "play" the movies, but they should put some non movie planets like mannan, kessel, corellia, Nar Shadda, and Koribon.
 Tyler_Durden
06-04-2004, 1:40 PM
There's a bit in the trailer where it shows you sniping an ewok.
 tFighterPilot
06-04-2004, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by Nevhision
Yes its nice to "play" the movies, but they should put some non movie planets like mannan, kessel, corellia, Nar Shadda, and Koribon. I feel like a geek for knowing what every one of them is :D
 Mountainforest
06-04-2004, 1:48 PM
I don't mind there are no new planets in the game. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds was made up for the largest part, most vehicles didn't exist in the movies at all. I didn't like that at all.

Some planets from the books would be nice, but if he have to choose ten, then I would go for the movie planets. There you can fight out the epic Star Wars battles for yourself, so the Star Wars feeling is best there.
 tFighterPilot
06-04-2004, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by jasperw
I don't mind there are no new planets in the game. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds was made up for the largest part, most vehicles didn't exist in the movies at all. I didn't like that at all.

Some planets from the books would be nice, but if he have to choose ten, then I would go for the movie planets. There you can fight out the epic Star Wars battles for yourself, so the Star Wars feeling is best there. Quite right.
 Mountainforest
06-04-2004, 2:36 PM
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
Quite right.

Look slike listening to me isn't bad either. ;)
 SonOdin
06-09-2004, 7:13 PM
Ok we know that sandpeoples and gungans will be in there but what about banthas and this animals from the gungans?
And Dewbacks?
Page: 1 of 1