Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hacker in Chop Shop server!

Page: 1 of 1
 And-Schw_Mahr
05-16-2004, 1:52 PM
There was a hacker in the Chop Shop server. He locked the teams and left the game! I was playing there. His name is Admin(Donґt Kill).
Hey, Amidala, did you know that?

Best Regards,
Andy
 Kurgan
05-16-2004, 3:59 PM
If it wasn't Amidala in disguise, perhaps her password leaked out to somebody (unless it's another of those admin mod backdoors I've been hearing about).

Good luck getting it fixed!

PS: You might try sending her a PM...
 Amidala from Chop Shop
05-17-2004, 10:41 PM
There are 5 servers, which one?

If it's the JK2 FFA-CTF server, it's probably another exploit that I heard about in supposedly "fixed" Jedi Academy Mod 1.6.

Thanks for the alert.

EDIT: I see that it was indeed the JK2 FFA-CTF server. So it looks like there is an exploit in JA Mod 1.6 that allows people to gain admin access. I will be switching to a different mod later tonight.

Interesting that this hacker is in Germany, where most of the hackers using the last JA Mod exploit came from.
 orion2486
05-18-2004, 9:36 AM
I've fixed it now, had two server admins know, test it for about a month and havent heard any thing bad about them. Its on PC game mods and should be on jk2files and lucasfiels soon.

Sorry for any, wanted to make sure it works and been a bit busy with school and working on JAR.

The exploit only started occuring in 1.4 i believe when chosen changed the max name length from 32 to 50. So the shame change probably wont be going in to JAR.
 And-Schw_Mahr
05-25-2004, 9:48 PM
Hello,

Yes Admidala, the hacker was in JK2-CTF-FFA server.
He caused a lot of mess :(
Page: 1 of 1