Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Noghris

Page: 1 of 1
 J_Bond
05-13-2004, 12:54 PM
This thread should continue the discussion about the Noghris started at the thread "Improved Stormtrooper (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=126508)")
 TK-8252
05-13-2004, 1:47 PM
What do Noghri have to do with the Dark Forces mod?

:p
 J_Bond
05-13-2004, 2:46 PM
@TK-8252
Have you read the "Improved Stormtrooper" thread first? If you did you would know how we came to this topic.
 CortoCG
05-13-2004, 2:57 PM
I have this idea of the Noghris as baboons with claws and some primitive clothing. In JA they look more like africans.
 TK-8252
05-13-2004, 5:25 PM
Originally posted by J_Bond
@TK-8252
Have you read the "Improved Stormtrooper" thread first? If you did you would know how we came to this topic.

Yes... but this has to do with Dark Forces how?
 J_Bond
05-13-2004, 6:08 PM
@TK-8252
Okay, you consist to hear an answer, then I'll give you an answer that should satisfy you. Actually it has to do something with the Dark Forces II Enhanced MOD. There is a possibility that the Noghris will appear there and if it is just in a possible Add-On "Dark Forces II Enhanced: Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith MOD" where the Noghris first appeared in a Star Wars game. So we could discuss now, how the Noghris outer appearance could be improved. So in this way it has something to do with the Dark Forces MOD and if it is just for an Dark Forces MOD Multiplayer Model. And if you ask what the Dark Forces Enhanced MOD has to do with this forum then I suggest you better read this thread Dark Forces II Enhanced (JK Mod) Discussion (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=110641&highlight=Dark+Forces+Enhanced). Happy now ;) Perhaps you want to write now something about our topic here.
 J_Bond
05-13-2004, 6:17 PM
@Hapslash
I've got the screenshots of the Noghris from jedi Academy, but it seems I can't upload the pictures here. Should I send them to you via eMail?
 TK-8252
05-13-2004, 7:01 PM
Ah! I see now. :)
 The_One
05-14-2004, 1:05 PM
Despite Mr Bond's somewhat questionable reasoning, this has nothing to do with the Dark Forces Mod.

Moved to the Jedi Academy forum.
 J_Bond
05-14-2004, 3:35 PM
@The_One
Okay, you're right. I must confirm that I didn't thought about that possibility. This topic does fit better here. Thank you!
 HapSlash
05-14-2004, 6:16 PM
Well,... now that this is in the JA forum, you can probably post those pics now.
 J_Bond
05-15-2004, 10:19 AM
@HapSlash
I'm sorry, but I still can't upload the pictures. If you want to see them, I could send the screenshots to you. Or you buy Jedi Academy ; Have you read the books from Timothy Zahn? Otherwise it would probably be uninteresting to see the screenshots if you don't have any reference to compare.
 HapSlash
05-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I've read them, one of the very few SW books I could read without getting bored half way through.

If you could e-mail me the pics, that would be great,...
 HapSlash
05-17-2004, 5:09 PM
I've taken a look at the pics,... Ugghh

Look!... Blue Cro-Magnon wrestlers!

I too saw something completely different while reading the books. They were never describd as being the large hulking beasts we see everywhere, but the artist at Dark Horse decided to draw them that way for the comics, and the image seems to have stuck ever since.

I have the 'Heir' comics around here, and can scan a pic off...
 J_Bond
05-18-2004, 11:24 AM
I would be glad to see a scan of the 'Heir' comics. Do you mean that the Noghris from Jedi Academy are the same as the artist of Dark Horse has drawn?
 Andy867
05-18-2004, 2:14 PM
To me, they look like the species of Unas found in the Stargate universe:)
 J_Bond
05-18-2004, 5:08 PM
@Andy867
That's right, I also thought about that. Or like blue versions of Frankenstein's monster.
 HapSlash
05-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by J_Bond
Do you mean that the Noghris from Jedi Academy are the same as the artist of Dark Horse has drawn?

Not quite the same, but you can definitely see how the comic has influenced the visual representation of the Noghri.

Each Noghri had his own style of clothing, but they all shared the same basic appearance. I don't have a lot of good references as most of the scenes are drawn viewing odd angles or with the characters at a distance.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/noghri-01.jpg)

And then, there is the weapon that they use in JA, which is virtually identical to the representation from the comic.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/noghri-02.jpg)
 J_Bond
05-19-2004, 9:10 AM
Thank you for the scans, HapSlash! The weapon is nearly the same, perhaps a little bit shorter. The robe is also the same like the one from Jedi Academy. But the Noghri on the scan reminds me somehow on the Noghri of MotS. The Noghri doesn't look as I imagined, too, but it looks 100% better than the one of JA.
Page: 1 of 1