Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing saber blades

Page: 1 of 1
 Crow_Nest
05-12-2004, 5:49 AM
Can someone direct me a link to a tutorial that teaches how to edit the saber blades? (Eg. make it thinner/thicker... etc)
 WhiteShdw
05-12-2004, 9:47 AM
Editing saber blades is all picture editing. Just look at the gfx/effects/sabers directory in assets1.pk3. The *_line.jpg files(blue_line.jpg, orange_line.jpg etc..)make up the actual blades for the different colors. If you change these you will see the difference in the game(make sure you pack them first when testing in MP).

The *_glow2.jpg files make up the glow of the saberblades in different colors(blue_glow2, orange_glow2 etc..). You can change these, but it won't look good when swining the saber, because some of the glow is coded.

Then you have blurcore.jpg, which makes up the blur of the saber blade while swinging and doing kata's. This is basically the trail the saber makes.

Blurglow.jpg makes up the glow for the saber trail made by blurcore. This is not colored like in the *_glow2.jpg files. This one is hardcoded, that's why it looks weird when you change the color of the *_glow2.jpg files.

Only RBG saber mods truly change the coloring of the sabers.

So basically making/changing saberblades is very simple, as long as you know how to edit pictures. Just fire up some picture editing software and edit away.

Good Luck.
 Crow_Nest
05-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Well i do have photoshop, but its the very old version. I know how to use the RBG thingy, but what i need to know now is which tool should i use to change the saber blades?
 WhiteShdw
05-12-2004, 5:46 PM
It depends really on what tools you are comfortable with.

I myself use the rounded rectangle tool to draw the basic saber shape and then I edit it a bit with the path selection and direct selection tools to get the shape I want.

But i'm sure there are people who use totally different methods. You might as well use the basic paint tool.

As long as you have a white shape on a black background, that will be youre saber blade.

ps. I had a more detailed explanation typed up a couple of hours ago, but the forum crapped out and I forgot what I typed.
 Crow_Nest
05-14-2004, 6:16 AM
I've been playing around with the "curves" tool and made the blade thin, kinda cool.
Page: 1 of 1