Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is the pistoleer a good profession for me to be when I get the game?

Page: 1 of 1
 reelguy227
05-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi all,Is the pistoleer a good profession for me to be when I get the game?It sounds cool because of things like disarming shot and multi shot.Do you really disarm the guy when you use the disarming shot command?and Do you really shoot at multiple targets when you use the multi shot comman?Thanks

Reelguy227
 waffleman
05-12-2004, 11:04 PM
disarming shot does in fact disarm the target, i havnt got as far the other one;)
 Wraith 8
05-13-2004, 9:00 AM
im a matser pistoleer.

disarming shot never worked for me.. pistoeer is a huge broken profession at te moment. but in publish 11 its gonna be an awesome profesison :_) with dual weilding and incredible speed.

yes muti shot.. or FAN shot has it is called. hit mutliple targets where you aim it... but dont use it insidea building when there are more levels of enemies..... you'll die.

i use it on faction mission. just raget the base you have to destroy. and fire fan shot all over.. the enemies around it get hit if they are in your line of fire :)

i persoanlly LOVE pistoleer even if uts a weak fighting profession in PvP

Corzip
 JawaJoey
05-28-2004, 12:11 AM
Pistoleer does suck in PvP. It's pretty good in PvE though. Fan shot is pretty much the best special Pistoleer has. The rest are pretty much either redundant or broken. Disarming shot doesn't do anything but increased damage on lairs. Double tap is same as disarming shot. Mult target pistol shot doesn't work. Stopping shot is good, but is generally agreed to be not quite as good as fan shot (it does more damage per hit, but has a longer delay, and no AOE [which may or may not be a good thing]). Pistol Melee defense works great and is cool (melee knockdown for a ranged prof, OH YEAH!) Pistol Melee defense 2 is broken, as it never actually knocks anything down. Bodyshot3 is inferior to bodyshot2.

Also, one issue pistoleers have is that Pistoleers, which are supposedly the fast but light hitting proffession, can't fire at the speed cap without getting some of Bounty Hunter, while a master Rifleman can fire their slowest gun at the speed cap.

Dodge is great, and it works, and Pistoleers get good melee defense, but not really any ranged defense. They also get really good status defenses, ie blind, dizzy, knockdown etc.
 Wraith 8
05-29-2004, 6:21 AM
i still love it inspite of all those broken moves :)
im going rifleman at the moment and gave it up.. but when we are closing publish 11 i damn sure will go for it again.
 JawaJoey
05-29-2004, 2:30 PM
i still love it inspite of all those broken moves

Yeah, even if it is broken, it's pretty fun. There are LOTS of people who just love pistoleer no matter how disfunctional it is.
 reelguy227
05-31-2004, 4:13 PM
does anyone know when the pistoleer is going to be fixed and all of the broken moves fixed also ?id really like to be a pistoleer when i get the game it sounds pretty sweet!!!
 reelguy227
06-01-2004, 1:43 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
im a matser pistoleer.
but in publish 11 its gonna be an awesome profesison :_) with dual weilding and incredible speed.

Corzip

when is that publish going to go live?that sounds like a lot of fun!!!
 reelguy227
06-02-2004, 9:40 PM
is the pistoleer any good at pvp?how does the pistoleer match up to the carbine and rifle in terms of stats?
 Jan Gaarni
06-03-2004, 3:11 AM
Carbineer is currently no match for a pistoleer, that I have been able to feel personally on the body when dueling with Corzip. :p
Still, I'm keeping it since I love using carbines. :)

Too bad there's such a huge differance between the different carbines. :( I would love to be using an E-11, but it simply would be suicide to do so as Laser carbine and Elite carbine is much better. :rolleyes:
 Wraith 8
06-03-2004, 7:24 AM
/nods at jan :p

uhmm publish 11? when it will be?? we just had an update thats named publish 8.2 :) the death watch bunker :)

now you can read all about pubish 9 about the idiotic and stupid descisssions the devs made with the damn jedi.

so uhmm we will have to wait another 2... 3 months. till that time im going to try out some other ranged combat profs. first im going to try rifleman.. and after a month or or so im gonna try bounty hunter :) but eventually i will go back to the profession i love... PISTOLEER! :)

Wraith 8
 reelguy227
06-03-2004, 9:21 AM
that didnt answer my question wraith ,is pistoleer any good at pvp ,in your point of view?

a lot of people on other websites say that the pistoleer profession cant hold its own if someone wants to take it as their main combat profession ,is that true?is it really that bad at combat?they say that most of its moves are broken is that true either ?
 Jan Gaarni
06-03-2004, 12:24 PM
ok, I'm thinking you want to get an ьber template here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If that's so then I suggest you make a TKM/rifleman template.
Or a Master Fencer/Rifleman template.

:)

These may be old templates but one of the most known PvP'er on Starsider used this/these combination(s).
 reelguy227
06-03-2004, 1:41 PM
no offense jan but when i get the game i would just like to be a pistoleer/droid engineer but im not sure about the DE part of it?pistoleer was the combat profession that interested me the most ,thats why i would like to be it ,but i dont want to be it if it isnt any good,can anyone please just answer the questions above.

i might want to be pistoleer/smuggler because it looks like smuggler is pretty cool and pistoleer/smuggler is a good combination.but i might want to be DE instead of smuggler because i would like to craft droids ,plus smuggler, i hear is broken,and there is no smuggling involved as of now.
 Sounds Risky
06-03-2004, 1:43 PM
I thought the combat balance was going to be part of publish 10?
 Jan Gaarni
06-03-2004, 4:44 PM
Yeah, you're right, OCH.

Well, that is, I'm not sure which Publish that will occure, but atleast by the time the Combat Rewamp is implemented.
 Deft Aklin
06-04-2004, 1:45 AM
From a template stackers point of view, Pistols are only good if you've already got two of the following three skill sets: Fencer 4000, TKA 0004, Rifleman 0004. Otherwise, all it has is state defenses. Master Pistoleer/Master Smuggler is a hot set up, but like I said, expect to get hit a lot.

Personally, I enjoy pulling up the combat box after another short battle and seeing:

...misses
....misses
....you hit......
....misses....
....hits you.... but you block it......
....misses.....
...you hit....
......falls incapacitated.....
....you use snipershot
.......is no more.
 reelguy227
06-04-2004, 8:52 AM
whats a template ,im new to the game?why is master pistoleer/smuggler so good?after publish 11, will the pistoleer profession get fixed and become actually playbable without dying in pvp?
 Wraith 8
06-05-2004, 6:35 PM
uhm in PvP? sure.. if you can stay out of reach of the brawlers.

i actually beat a master commando a few times :) peaco for instance :p but thats mainly because im also a master doc... getting fire of my ass helps :)

anyway.. i fought mastr fencers, TKA-ers.. Pikeman,..... the most i have hated was the TKA-ers.. they knock you down and and you cant get up cause they dizzy you aswell...

i have been able to get 2 master PvP-ers off my ass and even incap one :) but he had is armor off :) and i was using my Geonosian pistol (awesome sound btw)

the weakness inin caribaneer and pistoleer is that they are focussed on health and action.. and any PvP-er is buffed up till his/her ears with high stats on both of those. so one shot from a pistol or carbine regenerates fast.... rifles on the other hand target the real weakness of ALL -players.... the mind. i have noticed in this game you can never have enough mind and stamina :) but there for rifles need a good distance to work.. and you need to have a high focus otherwise your mind will be drained.

to go in at pistoleer... is it good in PvP? not on your own... get a some tanks in front of you like fenceers swordman and you will do ok.. but unless you get to KD your oponent first... your dead meat.
 reelguy227
06-05-2004, 7:01 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
uhm in PvP? sure.. if you can stay out of reach of the brawlers.

i actually beat a master commando a few times :) peaco for instance :p but thats mainly because im also a master doc... getting fire of my ass helps :)

anyway.. i fought mastr fencers, TKA-ers.. Pikeman,..... the most i have hated was the TKA-ers.. they knock you down and and you cant get up cause they dizzy you aswell...

i have been able to get 2 master PvP-ers off my ass and even incap one :) but he had is armor off :) and i was using my Geonosian pistol (awesome sound btw)

the weakness inin caribaneer and pistoleer is that they are focussed on health and action.. and any PvP-er is buffed up till his/her ears with high stats on both of those. so one shot from a pistol or carbine regenerates fast.... rifles on the other hand target the real weakness of ALL -players.... the mind. i have noticed in this game you can never have enough mind and stamina :) but there for rifles need a good distance to work.. and you need to have a high focus otherwise your mind will be drained.

to go in at pistoleer... is it good in PvP? not on your own... get a some tanks in front of you like fenceers swordman and you will do ok.. but unless you get to KD your oponent first... your dead meat.

so they are not that good is what your saying?other than brawling can they take on most combat professions and still hold their own?

is the geonosian pistol the best pistol there is ?is that the sonic pistol they used against anakin in episode 2? thanks wraith ,youve been a big help
 reelguy227
06-12-2004, 7:30 PM
are acid shooting weapons even in the SW universe?
 Wraith 8
06-14-2004, 8:22 AM
in my PvP experience with pistols i have been able to defeat these professions (mastered by the guys/girls i fought)
carbines
Pikeman
commando (with the help of my doc skills)
swordsman

thats about it :)
there is no real best.. it all depends on how good the weaponsmith makes the pistol
my best pistol was a republic blaster (energy) wich had a speed of 2.1 and did a max damage of 288. sliced ofcourse. slap a damage or speed powerup on it and its even better
my geo pistol was a speed of 3.0 and a damage of 187. but because thats a stun pistol and a lot of armor has a weakness in stun its really effective :) see :)

acid... yeah there are a lot of different types of pistols in the galaxy. you must also think that there are countless pirate groups who fabricate their own pistols. read some expanded uniferse books :)

pistoleer is for those who want a fight that takes a while... for people that want to be proud of killing somtehing :) at least for me it is. i love pistoleer for the speed. and the feeling that i killed a rancor... ok it took me forever to kill it and without my doc skills i would be dead :) but still... i killed it and it gives me amazing sadifaction. TKA masters however take down a rancor in seconds without any doc skills needed. i dont see the fun in that :) but thats me :)

Corzip
 Mex
06-14-2004, 10:53 AM
If anyones gonna try being a rifleman heres a recommendation - buy a laser rifle when you get to level 2, make sure it's sliced.

Against enemies I can hit at around 200-300-400 it's like a 1-hit ko all the time, and I hit up to 700 against those flags,
Page: 1 of 1