Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NPC Editing and Saber Behavior

Page: 1 of 1
 MOTL Robinton
05-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Hi, i'm actually customizing some NPC's and i'm having some trouble. Can anyone direct me to a particular thread with some information, or provide me with some direct help?

I've already read through the NPC and SAB readme's but my NPC's just seem to enjoy running around really fast and using the blue stance really, really fast. As much fun as it is to have them hopping around all over the place like bots on crack, it gets to be annoying.

I'm spawning the in MP if that makes any difference. I've tried using the saberStyleLearned, saberStyle, etc... commands to lock it into one stance, but nothing seems to be working. Maybe there are some cvar's or command lines i'm just not using? Anything to make them act in a more "normal" or "bot-like" sense would be better than what they are doing now.

I could use any help anyone could provide.

I'm also testing these modifications with and without using the Open Jedi Project - Enhanced. But it doesn't make a difference.
 WhiteShdw
05-06-2004, 11:33 AM
This tool should make NPC editing somewhat easier:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/5253)

And this thread should give some explanation to the different NPC key/values etc.. :

http://www.map-review.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=410)

Now with that said the NPC functionality in MP is somewhat limited to say the least. A lot of stuff that works in SP, won't work in MP. That also explains the crazy running around problem you're having right now.

I think there are mods available that give improved Multiplayer NPC support, but I'm not sure. Have look around at the different mod sites(pcgamemods.com, jk2files.com)
 MOTL Robinton
05-06-2004, 1:30 PM
Thanks a bunch. That was a big help, i'm gonna try my modifications now and see what happens.
 MOTL Robinton
05-06-2004, 4:02 PM
Anyone have an idae of how to make yourself invisable in Single Player? The cg_thirdpersonalpha command doesn't seem to be working. Is there another way to do it? I'm looking to take screenshots of my custom NPC's fighting in single player maps and i'd rather not have my player model in the shot.
 Kengo
05-07-2004, 7:57 AM
I think one of the easiest ways to do that is to use:

cg_draw2d 0
cg_drawgun 0

Then go into first person mode - you will have no HUD or weapon showing. Alternately you can just use the first of those commands to turn the HUD off, then draw the saber, turn it off - and no weapon will be showing when you are standing still.
Page: 1 of 1