Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is there more to JA?

Page: 1 of 1
 Doomie
05-05-2004, 5:00 AM
I've always had the feeling, Jedi Academy wasn't really finished, and with recent discoveries, i'm almost sure of it. For example, there are at least half a dozen Siege classes in the game that can't be played. (including a noghri with the green gas gun thingy) and on the official site, all player characters have a natural alignment, wich is all set to light side. Maybe a sign of a more complicated gameplay, with some RPG parameters and stuff. I mean, that would mean that if any of them was naturally evil, he would turn to the dark side quicker, but since it's all up to the player, that hasn't got anything to do with it! (i hope i'm still making sense. I mean, maybe i'm just being picky.) so maybe they had great plans for it, but they couldn't finish it. If anyone else finds anything, please post it here and we'll see how much greater the game could've been!
 Deeo
05-06-2004, 1:10 AM
Jedi Academy, IMO, was rushed rather poorly. The singleplayer was odd. It deceived the player into thinking it was non-linear but it was truly linear. If say you did this certain mission then this other mission whould have altered elements in it then it would be great but it didn't.

The seige mode felt like a very watered down objectives type gameplay with lightsabers. Maybe they did have grand plans for JA's multiplayer but I'm guess the publishers demands to get hte game out soon didn't allow them to get any deeper than a few prototype models and classes.
 Doomie
05-06-2004, 6:22 AM
Exactly my point. It was rushed. But there are so many unused things included with it, if a modder would unlock it, We'd practically have an expansion to JA!
 Isair
05-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Yeah I agree, I read some where the NPC system was incomplete. Also that NPCs were smarter than normal bots and so could be used to better advantage of some sort. I also felt Jedi Academy was incomplete, I mean it wasn't that much different and didn't really bring any "newness" like you feel when you get a new game. For me I saw alot of the old in a new box.
 Darth_ToMeR
05-10-2004, 9:36 AM
I agree, but just on the DS ending... How did he manage to go to this Star Destroyer?
 SkullHW™
05-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Maybe he stole it from another game named Uncle Julius and the Anywhere Machine.
 Alegis
05-11-2004, 3:17 PM
there are good mods out there, like moviebattles which is a new form of siege, very cool
 Doomie
05-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Cool, what exactly does it do and where can i get it?
 Taos
05-12-2004, 4:24 PM
I never have played JA because I always felt it was rushed. Your comments on the game only confirm my beliefs. I hope that they take note of what happened with this game. There was a lot of things that they could have done with the game, but in the end, it was rushed out for fear of losing a strong gaming community.
 Doomie
05-15-2004, 4:19 PM
You heve never played it because you felt it was rushed... How can you feel that, when you never played it? That's weird.
 Isair
05-15-2004, 4:24 PM
Yeah you should play it at least before judging but like I said, it's not much different.
 tFighterPilot
05-15-2004, 4:27 PM
God damn you people who don't even try JA and just go by what other people say! True, there are things in the assets0.pke and assets1.pk3 that are not used in the game. It's rather cool really, it makes the game full of surprises ;)

Also, have you haters ever tried the siege destroyer (the offical space siege map) or were you too lazy to go downloading it? :rolleyes:

Also *points to sig* :cool:
 Doomie
05-17-2004, 6:36 AM
Well, Siege isn't a very popular gametype, and by the time i discovered that map, nobody played it anymore:(

Too bad actually, i find siege the most fun of all.
 tFighterPilot
05-17-2004, 7:47 AM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Well, Siege isn't a very popular gametype, and by the time i discovered that map, nobody played it anymore:(

Too bad actually, i find siege the most fun of all. Use the all seeing eye, the game browser suck. I have no problem finding good severs with siege destroyer.
 Doomie
05-18-2004, 9:36 AM
Then what browser do you use, and where to get it?

(Say it if i typed something stupid)
 tFighterPilot
05-18-2004, 9:41 AM
The All Seeing Eye

That's what I said in my previous post...
 Doomie
05-18-2004, 9:48 AM
i thought you weren't talking litarrelly (SP?) And i also asked where to get it.

Please?
 tFighterPilot
05-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Oh common, can't you people use google?

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html)
 Doomie
05-18-2004, 2:33 PM
Well, wasn't that a nice reaction?
Yes, that was a very nice reaction if i ever saw one.
Yes, don't you think? (That was totally sarcastic)

ofcourse i can use google, i'm just Lazy :p And you already knew the site, so...
 tFighterPilot
05-18-2004, 3:06 PM
I didn't remember the site, I used google.

How do you people manage to breath?
 Mountainforest
05-20-2004, 4:14 PM
Siege is nice, but there are always teamkillers around (sometimes they name themselves even teamkiller). If you can't vote to kick people, that is very frustating. I once had one who took the scepter (in one of the maps) and walked with it to the beginning of the map. It took hours to discover this happened, and of course the guy tried a few more times to do this.
Or somebody who takes the AT-ST after the shield generator is destryed, and starts shooting people on the spawn point outside...

It's a shame it's not possible to vote to kick somebody on most servers...
 Doomie
05-21-2004, 5:07 AM
How do you people manage to breath?

I have a headphone and a tape that says 'breath in... breath out... breath in... breath out' what else do you think?

Actually, i'm pretty intelligent, that IS why i let you do the work for me :p
 tFighterPilot
05-21-2004, 7:27 AM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
I have a headphone and a tape that says 'breath in... breath out... breath in... breath out' what else do you think?

Actually, i'm pretty intelligent, that IS why i let you do the work for me :p I have google toolbar, so all I have to do is to type The All Seeing Eye there and press enter, that's the first thing that apears.
Page: 1 of 1