Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Forcing func_plat to return

Page: 1 of 1
 zeimi
05-03-2004, 8:34 AM
How can I force func_plat to return to it's starting position after moving even if there is a player standing on the func_plat. I tried setting delay but the plat was still too eager to stay where it was until player walked away from it. Elevator cannot be used to move down.
 Jedi_Vogel
05-04-2004, 5:45 AM
Isn't there a "wait" key for func_plat as well?
 zeimi
05-04-2004, 7:22 AM
Nope, wait won't work.
 Jedi_Vogel
05-04-2004, 8:51 AM
You tried using trigger brushes around the edge of the func_plat (i.e. if your func_plat settles into a hole in the floor, the triggers would be laid on the edge of the hole)?
 wedge2211
05-04-2004, 12:20 PM
I wrote a tutorial (http://www.map-review.com/index.php?page=tutorial_view&id=4) on how to do this with Jedi Outcast. You can try that...although some people have said that they can't get it to work with func_plats in Jedi Academy, so you can try a func_door that opens down (angle -2) and has the START_OPEN flag checked instead, I've had success with that technique. Another alternative is scripting--search the forums for "elevator script" or something like that, you'll get a bunch of hits.
 Jedi_Vogel
05-04-2004, 1:24 PM
Ah yes, it's your tutorial I downloaded :D it's neat except I didn't get it to work in JA either. I'll try it with func_door and see what happens :)
 zeimi
05-09-2004, 4:44 AM
I made it work with func_door though I have some problems with calculating the correct lip value for the elevator to stop ;(
 EvilJedi
05-09-2004, 3:00 PM
hmmmmm, for me your tutorial worked fine in JA.
 Jedi_Vogel
05-10-2004, 9:00 AM
The tutorial worked great to bring the lift back up again but once I got on it, it wouldn't go down again. I had to go back through the trigger, by which time, not being on the platform, it went down without me lol.
Page: 1 of 1