Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

this'll sound stupid

Page: 1 of 1
 timmyracer
05-02-2004, 3:58 PM
hi all . i was wondering if i hosted a dedicated server from jampded.exe would i be able to join the server ??? :confused:
 Amidala from Chop Shop
05-02-2004, 4:09 PM
Yes, but...

Your client (jamp.exe) will draw a lot of CPU power away from the server (jampded.exe), resulting in poor performance for both.

The best solution is to network 2 computers together and run jampded.exe on the older\slower machine and jamp.exe on the newer\faster machine.
 Xemoka
05-03-2004, 1:05 AM
aswell you will also have to set the netports to differnet ports. as it's an issue with JA that if both the dedicated and client use the same port you wont be able to connect (if running ont he same PC)
 Andy867
05-05-2004, 4:21 PM
well, the simple fix for that is to edit the shortcut for the command line that simply sets the client to ...jamp.exe" +set net_port 29071

and voila, problem solved (since both the ded and client use by default 29070 unless otherwise noted in the server.cfg file)
Page: 1 of 1